Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Google Search
Google

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:07 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Can't recall his name, but back then I just thought it was a typical love/hate relationship that was similar to RAN stokers and tiffs.

One of the other thing I recall from that visit, was thinking how cramped the boiler and engine rooms were. But being young everything looks cramped. Just think I spent 6 years serving on similar ships in the RAN and I really enjoyed my time working in those spaces and equipment.

July 73, 3rd Muppet, 35th Nirimba
1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

That's my Ford FPV Cobra GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:11 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
State: NSW
How small is this world and how great is this website.

Les was the Chief Tiff of the RN ship, that snotty nosed little apprentice Spud, visited 30 years ago in GI dockyard and here they are talking about it.

These guys would never have met if it wasn't for RAN Skilled Hands.

What a pity that Les is old and wrinkled now and Spud is still a sprightly young man. Oh well Les, don't worry too much cobber, it's a well known fact that Aussies are younger, fitter and better looking than you Poms.

Over to our overseas members............ Incoming.......

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:49 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Well,

For a minute there I thought Ned was trying to butter up a Chief Tiff who had actually witnessed a Chippy working......albiet in another navy. Then like a typical dunderclump he goes and shoots himself in the foot. :oops:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:31 pm 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Quote:
What a pity that Les is old and wrinkled now and Spud is still a sprightly young man. Oh well Les, don't worry too much cobber, it's a well known fact that Aussies are younger, fitter and better looking than you Poms.

In your dreams mate, I've seen your photo :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the subject of it being a small world. When I came out here in 1977 I wouldn't buy a car until I got a job and my first job was at Clyde in Sydney. Walking down the stairs at Clyde station I saw this RAN METP walking up the stairs and bugger me if it wasn't the guy who slept in the bunk above me on the Londonderry, name of Dave Housden. He had married an Oz girl in UK and transferred over. Anybody know where he is now?

Worked in Australia at RANMEE on MK 48s, Support Craft Manager in PMSS and then FFGCLO. (1986-2000) Now retired.
my personal boast is that I had sailed on every ocean, most of the major seas and walked on all seven continents before I was 35.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> RAN Skilled Hands GUEST BOOK  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2