RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post subject: Acknowledge the website
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:02 pm 

Hi,

What a wonderful site it is. I must peronally commend the skilled hands who have put together their expertise in setting up a wonderful site.
It is my first time to log on to the site and at the same time it refreshes my memories back to Niriba intake of June 84 - Sept 86 Stokers. We were the GREAT NINE of PNGDF Maritime element.
I left the force in 1991, but a regular vsitor at the LANDING CRAFT BASE in Port Moresby to be abreast with old cobbers and the Navy news down under. This is where I picked up the site information.
As soon as I logged on the site the music that came on made my tears roll down of Nirimba of which it has been also decommissioned. Sad to hear that news.
Please allow us to join in as members as I will arrange for the sailors in the land of the unexpected if interested. Unfortunately my cobbers here have no access with the internet except me.
I will always liase for them.

Cheers
Rocky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
We'd be delighted to have any of the PNGDF Maritime Element, particularly any of the Shipwrights, Engineroom and Electical Artificer Apprentices, in fact anyone who went through HMAS Nirimba from the PNGDF...

You're the FIRST contact we had from the Papua New Guinea Defence Forces, and we'd love to hear from more of you guys up there...!!!! :thumbright:

:evil3: You might like to read the topics in Ex-RN, RCN, RNZN, RMN and PNGDF Naval Artificer Apprentices found here: :type:

http://www.ran-skilledhands.org/forum/v ... m.php?f=12

Many of the fondest memories I have of my 12 years in the RAN were the two separate postings to HMAS Tarangau on Manus Island in '69 and '72... :rr:

SPREAD THE WORD UP THERE Rocky, and join the other 800 plus Members of the RAN Skilled Hands Website/ Forum...
:wav: :wav:

HMPNGS Tarangau and HMPNGS Dreger alongside in HMAS Coonawarra
August '05 after during exercise Kakadu 05. These Pacific Forum class boats
were built in Australia for the PNGDF.

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> RAN Skilled Hands GUEST BOOK  [ 2 posts ]