Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
I received an e-mail from Les Darley last week, who'd had unverified news that ex-12th Muppet Intake Tiffy Pete Passmore had crossed the bar, but without further verification/ confirmation on such a sensitive issue, Les wisely declined to post anything on RAN Skilled Hands at that time...
However, Kerry Kerr, Webmaster of NAVY Stokers forwarded on the following e-mail to me tonight... H.C. Webmaster :evil3:

I received the following from the Passmore Family, & I think it is worthy of a mass email. Kerry Kerr - Navy Stokers...

Dear all,

Not long ago we all lost a dear friend, family member and colleague, Pete Passmore to suicide. Whilst those closest to him knew of his struggles with depression, the choice that Pete made that day was as unexpected as it was unwanted and has left his family, friends and community grieving for their loss.

Suicide Prevention Australia is a non-profit, non-government organisation working as a public health advocate in suicide prevention. Their vision is of a community that values people and the quality of life; a nation where no one believes suicide or self-harm is the only option for them.

The SPA website also reveals that suicide among men of all diversities remains one of the more complex and challenging, yet preventable, health issues facing Australian communities today. Indeed, men account for more than 80 per cent of recorded suicide deaths each year. This risk is something to which every man is potentially vulnerable.

In memory of Pete, and in the hope that by supporting SPA other communities may be spared this grief, Ruth and Fiona have suggested that anyone who would like to make a contribution, either financially, or by spreading the word about the important work being done, goes to the link below.

http://www.suicidepreventionaust.org/Home.aspx

This is the link for those who wish to make a donation in Pete’s memory

http://www.suicidepreventionaust.org/Do ... rship.aspx.

Then, following the donation, please email iurie@suicidepreventionaust.org, to inform SPA that they have just donated to Pete’s memorial, and a tax receipt will be issued.

Please do pass this information on to anyone whom you know that would wish to learn more, donate or perhaps benefit personally from the advice and support available at SPA.

With thanks,

The Passmore Family

Our condolences and sincere sympathy go out to The Passmore Family... Rest on your oars Pete, your voyage is done... R.I.P. [-o<

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:52 pm 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
I have been in touch with Kerry Kerr who has informed me that PigPen Pete passed away on 16 December 2008.

Go climb that mountain Pete. Vale.

Worked in Australia at RANMEE on MK 48s, Support Craft Manager in PMSS and then FFGCLO. (1986-2000) Now retired.
my personal boast is that I had sailed on every ocean, most of the major seas and walked on all seven continents before I was 35.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 2 posts ]