Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:56 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Very sad to hear of Georgina's passing Steve. My condolences.

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:21 am 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Freeport
State: Grand Bahama Island
Hello Peter,
You have the correct Georgie. Her Lonsdale days were well before I came on the scene.

I think it is going to be a big funeral, South Chapel, Woronora Cemetery, 1100 Tuesday 01 Mar.

Steve

4th Muppet Intake
January 1974-January 1997
Perth, Tobruk, Launceston, Bendigo, Sydney, Melbourne. Nirimba, Penguin, Navy Office, MHQ, Naval Support Command, Somalia.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:41 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
Hi Steve.
I remember Georgie with great fondness from those day. Take care. I hope that the final farewell is filled with all the love that her many friends can bring along.
I understand that she will be in the thoughts of many people at the WRANS Reunion this weekend in Melbourne.
I apologise for the double post above.
Fat finger problems

18th JR Intake
23rd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 to July 91
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Sydney, Perth, FMP-W, Stuart, Penguin/Ships Divers course, Stuart, Lonsdale, Melbourne, Kuttabul, Cerberus, Stuart, Swan, Nirimba/ Q course, Cerberus, CPSO-M

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:13 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Freeport
State: Grand Bahama Island
Not sure where this one should go but since it is related to tomorrow's funeral I cut and paste from Facebook to here

Not a crash hot day. First off pretty sad due to Georgina's funeral tomorrow in Sydney.

Now to top it all off Leanora drove in to town this morning to drop off some clothes that I needed to take to take with me to Sydney. When she arrived out side of the office in Lonsdale St she called to let me know that she was down stairs. I went down in the elevator and walked outside the building. I couldn't see Leanora but could hear someone screaming. It took me about a second to realise it was my wife that was doing the screaming and at the same time I saw our car being driven up Lonsdale St at speed being pursued by the police. I then saw Leanora standing on the footpath being comforted by a bunch of people. Some bloody #*^%#++!!!!! had hopped into the car while she was sitting in it waiting for me, pushed Leanora out of the car and took off with the car. Thankfully apart from being incredibly shaken up she is OK.

For those that don't know Lonsdale St it is where the courts are in Melbourne City and normally full of police. Somehow this piece of excrement has managed to elude them all.

To compound all of this the car had Leanora's house keys, handbag, purse, cards, phone, iPad, glasses and who knows what else in it. The thing that took it now has our home address so we have had to change locks, bar phones and cancel everything.

To reiterate apart from being shaken Leanora is remarkably well.

Latest news from the police is that the phone and iPad have been handed in, who knows where the car is. They say bad things come in threes, what next I wonder.

4th Muppet Intake
January 1974-January 1997
Perth, Tobruk, Launceston, Bendigo, Sydney, Melbourne. Nirimba, Penguin, Navy Office, MHQ, Naval Support Command, Somalia.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:20 pm 

Cripes Steve ....... At least your missus is OK. I hope they get the turd!!! :swear1:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
I'm glad Leonora is okay Steve. Hope they get the bastard!

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:56 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Bloody hell!! Glad Leonora is ok and I hope they get the bastard.

My wife now drives with all the doors locked when driving by herself, after reports of a few handbag snatches that occurred when the villains opened the front passenger door of cars driven by a lone woman driver, stopped at lights etc. They reached in and grabbed the hand bag from the front passenger seat along side the driver.

What happened to Leonora seems to be an escalation of this tactic. Cunning bastards!! :swear1:

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:36 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
State: NSW
Bad news Steve, glad your wife is OK. Sometimes things don't come in threes. :ok:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:59 am 
Reg. Chief

City or Town: Tarbert
State: Argyll
The most important part is that your wife is safe, the rest will become an annoyance you should not have been exposed to but you will over come that, look after each other.

19th Mobi intake
July 65 to Mar 92
23 years (20 out for 3 then signed on for another 3) paid off '92
Nirimba, Sydney, Anzac, PBF Cairns x 2, Watehen, Stalwart x 2, NSC Kuttabul, Vampire, Penguin and finally Nirimba.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:12 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
Holy dooley Steve, this sort of shit usually only happens to 'other' people doesn't it.
Glad Leonara is safe and hopefully the perpetrator is caught and dealt with in a manner of which we all hope he does.

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 61  Next