Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 61  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad, Steve. Bet he was as proud as punch when you followed in his footsteps.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:45 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
My condolences on the loss of your Dad Steve.

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:22 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad.

He would have been proud of you and you are obviously very proud of him.

R.I.P.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:48 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Perth
State: WA
Thanks Guys.

He was proud when I joined, but prouder still when the XO at Nirimba called over to talk to him at my Passing Out Ball. Apparently they had served together in WW2.

I Wish I'd known the XO knew Dad before I left Nirimba! :shock: :shock:

31st MOBI Intake
July 71 to July 81
Nirimba, Kuttabul, WRE, Kuttabul, WRE, Kuttabul, Parramatta, WRE, Yarra, Stalwart, Derwent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:22 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Condolences on the loss of your Dad Steve.

It is a sad time but also a proud time when you reflect on his life and what you and your family shared together.

Pony

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 pm 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Steve B,

I was so sorry that Lesle and I were unable to spend more time with you and Belinda after Dad's Funeral, but knowing your tight schedule we appreciated the fact that at least we got to see you. Maybe next time you are over in the East. Keep in touch.

Col Nash.

June 1951/Dec 1963 Ships. "Australia" II, "Tobruk I", "Sydney III", "Anzac II", "Yarra III".............Depots. "Cerberus"x2, "Tarangau", "Penguin", "Lonsdale".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:04 pm 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Sorry to hear of your dad's passing Steve........My thoughts and prayers are with you! [-o<

Chris A :angel12: O:)

Paid off POWRMED '81....W112791

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:31 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
For quite some time now, a quiet drama has been playing out behind the scenes, with Rysia Kerr, much loved wife of ex-POME Kerry Kerr (Webmaster of NAVY Stokers, and one of the prime organizers behind the securing of HMAS Brisbane, now sunk as a dive wreck off Queensland,) has been fighting a long and sadly, losing battle with cancer, as these few emails will show…

-----------------------------------------------------------

NAVY STOKERS Administration:

G'day Members,

I must apologise for my tardiness in administering the site over the last few weeks.

I am caring for my wife who is terminally ill & this takes 100% of my time.

If you have a question that needs answering urgently (lost password or user names) please send your question(s) & I will get back to you as soon as I can. Unfortunately I haven't been able to train Butch or Canada in how to do all the things that need doing, so don't bombard them with questions that they can't answer. When my situation resolves I will be able to give some training to the men that help me with the site.

Those of you that have me on your email lists for jokes or general information, could you please take me off your lists for the time being.

Thank you to all that have made enquiries & sent your best wishes to Rysia, we do appreciate them, but don't have the time to answer them.

Regards

Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HMAS Brisbane Association

Vale Rysia Kerr - The Closing Of A Sad Chapter

It is with deep regret – and a tear in my eye – that I pass on the sad news of the passing of Rysia Kerr – the beloved wife of a dear friend and shipmate – ex- POME Kerry Kerr.

Rysia was first diagnosed with cancer in 1982 and through remissions and re-emergence has valiantly fought the disease for these many years, being bright, positive and cheerful until the very end.

She passed away this afternoon of Sunday, 6 September 2009, at home on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

Rest in Peace Rysia – the battle is over.

“Someday the Silver Cord will break
And I no more as now shall sing
But Oh, The joy when I shall wake
Within the palace of my King.”
Fanny Crosby

Peter Maher
Secretary
HMAS BRISBANE Association

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NAVY STOKERS Administration:

The passing of my wife:

It is with deep regret & sadness that I must tell you that my loving wife of 39 years, Rysia Barbara Kerr (nee Toporowski), passed away yesterday afternoon.
Her 27 years of fighting cancer has finally come to an end. She is the toughest person I have ever known, but in the end that insidious disease claimed another beautiful person.
Even at the end she was a beautiful lady who held her dignity with courage.
Our family, & myself thank you for your prayers & good wishes.

Regards
KK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerry, on behalf of the Members of RAN Skilled Hands and all who have served with you, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss...

VALE: Rysia - R.I.P.
[-o<

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
With regret I pass on the information that ex CPOAW Graham ‘Di’ Jones passed away at about 6.30 pm this afternoon 12 November 2009 in Shoalhaven Hospital, Nowra NSW after succumbing to the effects of cancer.

Graham joined the Royal Navy in 1946 and transferred to the RAN as a CPO Armourer in 1972, a rank and position he held till he reached retiring age. Graham lived his life in Australia with his family at their house Huskisson, where he was a well known local figure in the local soccer clubs and general community. Graham was also an accomplished musician, and played trumpet with many local club bands, the HMAS ALBATROSS Volunteer Band and indeed with the Royal Australian Navy Band at times as well.

Graham is survived by his wife Glynis, and their daughters Kym and Helen.

The Funeral will be held in Nowra, and details will be advised when they become available.

Bill Bowley

President
HMAS HOBART Assn
NSW Section

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Herne Hill
State: W.A.
Vale: Jack Wong Sue DCM OAM

Jackie was a member of the Special Z Forces during WW2 he was a guest speaker at mess dinners I attended at Leeuwin and Stirling a great talker I remember after the mess dinners we sat with others at the bar until the early hours of the morning talking about every thing especially diving, he was one of the first scuba divers in WA . His dive shop though derelict for many years sits across from Midland rail station a battle weary sign on the side the building reads "Jack Sue Diving Academy"

ME(D)-DENS-WOMTH4
1966 to 1986
Cerberus,Duchess,Waterhen,Hawk,Nirimba, Melbourne,Torrens,Perth, Leeuwin,Stalwart,Stirling,Kutabul

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 61  Next