Google Search
Google

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Received the following from Jamo's mate, Paul Dolan... :evil3:

"Your memory bank seems to be in working order for G.P.Jameson. His o\n is R43118 .
Funeral arrangements look likely for 1030 Thurs 07\04\11 at Cooloola Coast Crematorium 236 Brisbane Rd Gympie 4570.
Thanking you, Dols."

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am 
Site Admin

The following request has been passed on from Jamo's brother-in-law via Paul Dolan... I suspect there is some urgency to this request... :evil3:

I have a request from "Jamos" brother-in-law. Does anybody know the whereabouts of Ian John "Wedge" Wray ?

If so can they contact your site or me on :type: padolan2001@hotmail.com to pass on, or ring his brother-in-law Jeff on 07 5486 2763.

ta muchly Dols.

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:30 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Hervey Bay
State: QLD
Guys Wedgehead Wray is/was working in Mobile Alabama in USA with Austal Ships I think as a Dockmaster or similar. I heard from him when organising a MOBI term reunion in 2008 but no longer have his email or contact number. Not sure whether he is still there or if it was a short term assignment, but if he is back he is possibly back with Austal Ships in Henderson, Western Australia, which is just south of Fremantle.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about Geoff Jamo, played many a rugby game with him at Nirimba, under 16s, under 18s and under 20s but lost contact wuth him when we hit the fleet.

Tough little fella and gone far too soon, vale Jamo.

18th MOBI Intake
Jan 65 to Jan 86
HMAS Nirimba (4yrs), HMAS Hobart (5yrs), RANTAU (2yrs), HMAS Stalwart (2yrs), HMAS Perth (2yrs), HMAS Stirling (2yrs), Navy Office (3yrs), HMAS Stirling (1yr). Civilian Engineering and construction (24yrs), Pensioner since 2010.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:37 pm 
Sprog

City or Town: Brisbane
State: QLD
Jamo was an inspiration for a young Second Term birdie sent to live in Hut 105 with Chris O'Keefe and Frank Wagner.

He quickly had me involved in questionable activities, the most notable being the Apprentices Interservice event held at Nirimba where he and others were sly grog running. He despatched me with J.C. Craig to the Parramatta early openers opposite the station in Parramatta to fetch more supplies as the activity was proving particularly successful.

I have never forgotten the barmaid's question with a knowing look after we had asked how many cartons of cans she had; looking us up and down she replied 'more than enough for you two'. Good we said then give us $70 worth which I think was about 14+ cartons which floored her - we stuffed them into the trusty Hillman Minx and dragged our way back to the Nirimba fence for offloading.

But Jamo was one of the real characters that I've never forgotten. His famous punch up with Terry Hetherington is remembered by many. A good bloke in every respect, just don't let him near your daughter............

22nd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 - May 96
Nirimba, Albatross, Albatross, Albatross, Albatross, Melbourne, Stalwart, Defence Central Canb, RAN Helo PD US/Aust, RNEC Manadon, HMS Daedlius

Go Smooth................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

=; Hi Gang, I received the following today from Jamo's ex-wife Nancy... :evil3:

Hi Rick

Paul gave me the list of personnel who sent their condolences.

Russell Grant, Norm Noack, Chris O'Keefe, Peter Weyling, Trevor Davies,
Henry Schubert, Viv McLoud, Mike Moore, Terry & Wendy Slack.

Please forward attached photo from Geoffrey's funeral to each of them.

Thanks

Regards
Nancy
............. (Click on the :type: image below for a BLOW :shock: UP...!)
:type: Image [-o<

Thanks for that Nancy, we all commiserate with you for your loss...

As I don't have correct/ current e-mails for all of the people listed, I
thought posting the prayer for Jamo here was the next best thing...
:thumbright:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject: Jamo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:39 pm 
Sprog

City or Town: Innes Park
State: Qld
Served with Jamo at HMAS Moreton around 1979, We were Ship`s managers and co ordinated refits on LCH`s.Jamo was president of PO & CPO mess.We would head out from base around mid morning and I would drop Jamo at story bridge pub and pick him up around knock off time after a couple of beers myself.He was a top bloke and enjoyed my time with him.My Mrs and I also had a few social gatherings with Nancy & Jamo.He was too young to die and was one of the old breed who worked and played hard.Cheers old mate.
Buck (Ray Rodgers ex CPOMTP)

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2