Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
I recently received the following from Col 'Pussasan' Kelson, who as we all know had two very full careers, one with the RAN, the other with the NSW Police Force...

Rick,

Can you put the following & photos on Skilled Hands under an appropriate heading please mate (Maybe R.I.P. S/Const Dave Rixon.)

You are all no doubt aware of the tragic circumstances of events in Tamworth recently involving the fatal shooting of :type: Senior Constable Dave Rixon.

Last year at the Orient Hotel, on the day of the Skilled Hands Annual Pub Crawl, a few of us got talking to a young copper and his wife. They were attending his class reunion upstairs at the Orient.

You guessed it, Senior Constable Dave Rixon. I didn't realize it was him until I saw his wife's photo in the paper. Here she is with me on the night.

If there is any way you, or our Members, could donate to a memorial fund set up to help his family, it would be truly appreciated (especially as the State Government has wiped out their Death and Disability Entitlements)

If you can make a donation, no matter how small, to the David Rixon Memorial Fund, there are a number of ways you can make a contribution and support Senior Constable David Rixons' family:

Electronic transfer:
BSB: 815 000
Account Number: 269978
Account Name: David Rixon Memorial Fund

Cheque:
Write a cheque to the "David Rixon Appeal Fund" and mail it to the Police Credit Union, Reply Paid 63593, Sydney NSW 2000.

In person:
Make a donation at any branch of the National Australia Bank. You will need to let the teller know that you are making a deposit into a Police Credit Union account and supply the following details:
BSB: 815 000
Account Number: 000883749
Account Name: David Rixon Memorial Fund

Members of the Police Credit Union:
Transfer into Account Number: 269978 S1

Thank you for your support and generosity.

Col (Pussa) Kelson
pussasan

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Done Col,

And I'm sure more will follow. :wink:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 pm 

I remember that night Col......and her!! Very sad hey to think of that night and her happiness and now this!! Well done that man.....and donation has already been made. I wish her and the family all the best of luck into the future.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:14 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Thanks for posting this Rick, and thanks Chris and Pete.
Just goes to show doesn't it, we never know when our time is up.
Cheers.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:16 pm 
Div. Officer

Sorry, old folks moment. Thanks Brian.
Cheers.

July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Not a problem Col,

I feel sorry for his poor family. I get angry when these scumbags senselessly kill and officer for just trying to do his duty.

And the term scumbags could also be used for the authoritories that don't support those officers with Death & Disability Entitlements! :evil:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:05 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Geraldton
State: WA
Something similar to what they do with the Sevice People in General :twisted: :evil:

Ex-LME(D) LSMTP2
17th Intake JR's, 23rd MOBI Intake .
Oct 66 - Nov 74
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Cerberus, Stalwart, Cerberus, Waterhen, Penguin, Carpentaria, Dolphin, Penguin, Sydney, Albatross, Leeuwin, Acute, Leeuwin, Cerberus, Stalwart, Waterhen, Attack, Leeuwin, DEE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:55 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Donation on the way, and I'd also like to donate a strong length of rope for his killer Michael Jacobs....unfortunately it's a gift that wouldn't be used, more's the pity. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The prick will probably get off because he had a deprived childhood and was drunk when he tried to avoid the breath testing, particularly if he's black. :angry4: :angry4:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
Div. Officer

Rob,
Thanks mate, and you're right about the rope.
The bleeding hearts of society worry more about the human flotsam & jetsam than they do about the good guys these days.
Can't even call them arseholes, because they at least perform a useful function.
Hope you're well and truly on the mend too. Take casre mate, see you in November.
Cheers.

July'64 to July'76

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 pm 

Speaking of November......what day in November and it's my buy for the Bourbon and Coke at the hotel Col!!

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 10 posts ]