Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

Post subject: john wedge wray
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm 

johns wake will be held at mandurah offshore fishing club 1300 thursday 28th june all are welcome regards suzanne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Thanks Suzanne, we'll make sure the info is sent around the traps.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject: wedge head
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
Wedge always had many people terrified.
I think it was about 3rd or 4th term before us chippies in our term worked him out.
He was always a fierce person on the sporting field along with George Bewert, fierce but fair.

Sad to hear about him passing but by the sounds of it was swift which is some kind of blessing
regards to his Family
Peter Sneddon

18th JR Intake
23rd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 to July 91
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Sydney, Perth, FMP-W, Stuart, Penguin/Ships Divers course, Stuart, Lonsdale, Melbourne, Kuttabul, Cerberus, Stuart, Swan, Nirimba/ Q course, Cerberus, CPSO-M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Hervey Bay
Vale Ian John Wray, a great bloke, big in stature and with a big heart, always smiling, a great mate on and off the rugby field.

Taken way too soon mate.

Your old mate Norm

18th MOBI Intake
Jan 65 to Jan 86
HMAS Nirimba (4yrs), HMAS Hobart (5yrs), RANTAU (2yrs), HMAS Stalwart (2yrs), HMAS Perth (2yrs), HMAS Stirling (2yrs), Navy Office (3yrs), HMAS Stirling (1yr). Civilian Engineering and construction (24yrs), Pensioner since 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Some people you expect to last forever, 'Wedge' was one of those... [-(

Taken far too young, rest on your oars 'Big Fella', your journey's done... [-o<

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 am 
Sprog

City or Town: Sanctuary Point
I was shattered to read of the passing of Wedge.

He was the first person I met at the old Recruiting Office in York Street Sydney. Enjoyed a coffee and durry at the cafe across the street while waiting for the Nirimba bus.

Gone too soon, Wedge, old mate.

19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to Jul 85 and Full Time Reserve Aug 86
to Aug 93.
Nirimba, Albatross, Melbourne, Kuttabul and 851, 816 and 723 Squadrons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:36 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Very sad to hear of Wedge's passing. Served with him on Brisbane and always found him to be demure and unassuming.... :bs: :bs: :bs: ...okay, maybe I got him mixed up with some other Chippy...maybe Tug Wilson?... :bs:

It must be a Chippy thing....being big, loud and scary...Wedge was a real character, and a good shipmate.

RIP Wedge. Smooth seas and fair winds.

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:57 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Herne Hill
State: W.A.
I'm off to Mandurah tomorrow to say farewell to an old shipmate and Friend John "Wedge" Wray

In the West newspaper
"A memorial Celebration for the late Jon Wray (Wedge) will be held at the Mandurah Offshore Fishing Club On Thursday 28/06/2012 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM All welcome please wear appropriate attire"

ME(D)-DENS-WOMTH4
1966 to 1986
Cerberus,Duchess,Waterhen,Hawk,Nirimba, Melbourne,Torrens,Perth, Leeuwin,Stalwart,Stirling,Kutabul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
I received an e-mail tonight (from Paul Dolan) which has been circulatiing from Suzanne Wray... :evil3:

Subject: Re John Wray

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:27:24 +0000

Hi my name is Suzanne Wray and I happened to see that someone was looking for John... Was very sad to hear of Jamo's passing. Unfortuinately John passed away on the 17th of this month, he had a short battle with cancer after returning from working in Vietnam, his wake we hope will be next thursday week it will be in the West Australian and we would be very happy to have any of Johns comrades/ friends attend. John was cremated privately today as he requested. We have been married for 38 years and have two sons. After leaving the Navy John worked at Henderson operating the Shiplift then, from there we moved to Malaysia where he pieced together and operated the worlds largest Shiplift for a number of years. Then returning to Australia where he worked for Austal, then we did three and a half years in the USA in Alabama before once again returning to Australia. The last eighteen months or so we spent in Vietnam working for Strategic Marine. John was planning on retiring before illness struck...

Suzanne went on to supply her full contact details, which I have witheld from publishing on the site,
(for obvious reasons,) but if anybody wishes to contact Suzanne, please PM me..
:type:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Hervey Bay
Hi all, WO Wedgehead has been laid to rest and Viv McLeod, Alan Notta Hope and wife and myself and my wife were at the wake and represented Pussers and the MOBIs. Had a long chat with Suzanne, ex POWRCK whom John met at Penguin a long time ago.

A loss of a good man and good mate as fellow WOs at Stirling before we both paid off there about the same time.

RIP Wedge

18th MOBI Intake
Jan 65 to Jan 86
HMAS Nirimba (4yrs), HMAS Hobart (5yrs), RANTAU (2yrs), HMAS Stalwart (2yrs), HMAS Perth (2yrs), HMAS Stirling (2yrs), Navy Office (3yrs), HMAS Stirling (1yr). Civilian Engineering and construction (24yrs), Pensioner since 2010.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next