Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:50 am 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: GLENWOOD
State: NSW
Received news last night of the passing of CDRE B.L. (Bryan) CLEARY, RAN RTD, CO of HMAS NIRIMBA from 1974 to 1976.

While it is too late for any to attend his funeral is today (Friday 13th) in the Magnolia Chapel, Macquarie Park, cnr Delhi & Plassey Rds, NTH RYDE at 1400.

Most will remember him will remember a taciturn, even dour, man who remained aloof from most. I was a Killick Scribe in the Captains Office for part of his command period and you hardly ever saw him. To be able to fairly try defaulters he studied law and later became a respected Barrister.

I became reacquainted with him while at Spectacle Island and again at the National Welfare Coordination Centre at Randwick Barracks (1999 - 2002). We reconnected when I was the Divisional Officer/Regulator at the Navy Technical Training Unit - East, then located in the old EMAIL factory at Waterloo. He, at that time, was President of the Randwick branch of Legacy and I put my trainees to work raising funds in support of that charity. I found him to be a totally charming and friendly individual.

Vale Shipmate,
fair winds and following seas,

Mark

22nd MOBI Intake
January, 1967 Still serving reservist
Nirimbax4, Leeuwin, Penguin, Vendetta, Brisbane, Cerberus, Stalwart, FOCAF Staff, Sydney, Melbourne, Yarra, Anzac, Swan,Vampire, Kimbla, Kuttabul.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 1 post ]