Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
As it is our custom to give former RANATE Apprentices an 'In Memorium' topic of their own, the following three
(3) posts :evil3: have been brought in from the more general topic A Farewell to those with whom we served...
[-o<

Seejay wrote:
I have been advised that in today's Courier Mail is the funeral notice for:

Chief Petty Officer MTP3 Brian Charles Wood, aged 68, from Minden.

RIP Brian, finished with main engines, may you enjoy peaceful seas and warm breezes on your journey forward.

Peter Weyling wrote:
January 64 intake. Keith Wood's brother I think. Now I know what the FB article was about.
Fair winds and following seas fellow Tiff.

Pony wrote:
Brian is/was Keith's brother and joined with me in January '64. Had many a good time with Brian and spent many a weekend on leave at their house in Canley Vale, conveniently next door to the pub. Had my introduction to Rugby League when I went with Brain, Keith and their elder brothers Trevor and Lenny to my first game of League (Parramatta v Newton) at Cumberland Oval. Pretty one sided game from memory with the Thornett brothers Ken and Dick, Bob Bugden, Brian Hambly, Barry Leaney, Ivor Lingard, Ron Lynch, Barry Rushworth, Ron Willey playing for Parramatta and Bob Keys, Brian Moore, Paul Quinn, Graham Wilson and Clarrie Jeffries playing for Newton. I remember the day quite well as it was the first of many such outings that we went on including later RL tests against the Kiwis and the the Poms.

Unfortunately Brian didn't attend our 50th reunion last year. Very sad day indeed and too close to home.

Vale Brian, rest your oars. May you have fair seas and following seas. Condolences to Keith and all your family.

Brian joined the website in Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:35 am, but never revisited it, however I was asked to fix up his brother Keith's membership only two day's ago...

Our condolences to Brian's extended family, and to Keith...

VALE Brian... Another MOBI taken too soon... Rest on your oars, Matey your journey is done...

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:57 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Subject: WOOD, Brian Charles
Date: 7 October 2015 2:11:26 pm AEDT
To: Ron & Marg Hourigan

Gday Ron
Had a call from Bob Russ regarding this notice in the Courier Mail.

I last spoke with Brian 3/4 months prior to our Barossa Reunion and his health was not too good.

Tried to get him to attend one of our Brekky Creek lunches some years ago but he wasn't keen so I didn't pursue it.

Another of our mob gone to the big steamship!

Vale Brian.

Are you able to send this to your usual group of addressees? I'm currently in Cairns and won't be home for a few weeks.

Cheers. Keith.

:evil3: WOOD, Brian Charles CPO MTP3 R. A. N. (Rtd)Late of Minden. Passed away peacefully 1st October, 2015.
Aged 68 Years. Husband to Diane. Father and Father-in-law of Jenny and Marcus, Tanya and Shaun. Grandad
to Amie, Hayleigh, Tayla, Madison, Isabel and Caiden(dec'd). Great-grandad to Jordan. Brother and Brother-in
-law to Dulcie (dec'd), Trevor, Dianne, Keith and their Families. Relatives and Friends are respectfully invited
to attend Brian's Service. Funeral to commence, at the Gatton Cemetery, 12 p. m. , Friday, 9th October, 2015.
GATTON LAIDLEY LOWOODFUNERAL SERVICESPh 5462 1808

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:30 pm 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
I joined up with Brian in Jan 64 and sorry to hear that he has passed away. Condolences to his family and also to Keith and family. Taken way too soon.
Vale Brian.

Darcy Howard

HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Parramatta - HMAS Sydney - HMAS Stalwart

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 3 posts ]