Google

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
VALE: Chief Mechanician Robert 'Jack' Pegg: [-o<

--------------------------

G'day All,

It is with much regret that I pass on to you all that Jack passed away today Saturday 7th May 2016.
I will pass on funeral arrangements when known.
Another good man taken from us.

Regards
Kerry Kerr

------------------------

Many of you will have known Jack and, as Kerry says, another good man taken from us.

Yours aye

Bob Mummery

--------------------------

THIS GENTLEMAN WAS THE FIRST KELLICK STOKER I MET ON FIRST GOING TO SEA... He at the time was chief of the watch with me on the SYDNEY... He showed me how to take it easy while on watch.. and not to panic when things got dodgy... I did his tells and temps....... a man who will be greatly missed by us all....... I REALY LOOKED UP TO JACK.... I WILL MISS HIM GREATLY....... REST IN PEACE GOOD MAN... You left behind some thing that we all want in our lifes end.................. A MEMORY OF BEING HELD IN THE HIGHEST ESTEEM BY ALL WHO WERE LUCKY TO HAVE HAD YOU IN THEIR LIVES....... A TRUELY GREAT MAN HAS GONE TO REST... GOD BLESS YOU JACK ...

Raymond Porteous

------------------------

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:01 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
I know Jack has been crook for a long time, but it is still a shock. I was only talking to him recently and we were planning on catching up in the not too distant future.

A big man in all respects and he will be missed by many. My condolences to Jessie and their family.

Your watch is done, Jack.

RIP :salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:05 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5932452 ... 7104370492

I remember Jack from my short time on Melbourne.
CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic leukemia) is hard enough to deal with but when it turns nasty and goes to the acute form it is a disaster
His Leukemia was like a ticking timebomb waiting to go off. From diagnosis to passsing in 4 1/2 weeks is not much time to sort anything out.

My condolences to his family.
RIP Jack. You are now pain free mate and we are all the better for having served with you.

18th JR Intake
23rd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 to July 91
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Sydney, Perth, FMP-W, Stuart, Penguin/Ships Divers course, Stuart, Lonsdale, Melbourne, Kuttabul, Cerberus, Stuart, Swan, Nirimba/ Q course, Cerberus, CPSO-M

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:39 pm 

That's sad. Jack and I parted on bad terms many, many years ago. Silly, isn't it, that something that occurred in the mid 80's remained a sore point in Jacks' perception all these years, even though I offered to pay for mediation for the two of us many years ago. (He gave me a "bad" review many years ago on the other website), so I offered some assistance to help him come to grips with his problem with me. I would pay for everything , travel. meals. accommodation etc etc. He declined the offer. Farewell Jack .... all of us who worked and sweated through the steam years of Naval service deserve to be fondly remembered. Holding on to jealousies, past angst, promotions not agreed or withheld ......ain't worth it .......let it go!!!
May all your welds in the future be good ones Jack (only he will understand the relevance of that) and may your man management techniques (wherever you end up) be more "friendly"..... (again, only he will understand the relevance if that)!!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:03 pm 
Div. Officer

PW :nocomment:

18th JR Intake
23rd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 to July 91
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Sydney, Perth, FMP-W, Stuart, Penguin/Ships Divers course, Stuart, Lonsdale, Melbourne, Kuttabul, Cerberus, Stuart, Swan, Nirimba/ Q course, Cerberus, CPSO-M

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm 

What's up PK??? I liked Jack, he was a fellow steamie who toiled through heat and sweat and kept our fleet at sea. We had a disagreement which I tried to resolve. He wanted no part of it. It is one of many memories of Jack that I hold......but this one is a sad memory!! We do our fellows no justice by only remembering the good times ... we should remember all the times, and be honest about it!!!! Do you not agree????

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

G'day All,
Jack's funeral will take place on Thursday 12th May, at 1400. Service will be at Albany Creek crematorium, it will be a "Poppy" service, medals to be worn. Wake will be at Albany Creek facilities.
Regards
Kerry Kerr

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:44 pm 
Div. Officer

No, I dont agree.
Some things are better of not said at all, kept in the memory filing system or just left to go through to the keeper.
So I suppose on this point we will have to agree to disagree.

18th JR Intake
23rd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 to July 91

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

=; Nip it in the bud, Gents, both of you... :violent1: Wrong topic, wrong time, wrong discussion... [-(

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:55 pm 
Div. Officer

Nipped

18th JR Intake
23rd MOBI Intake
Jan 67 to July 91

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next