Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:13 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Blackbutt
State: Qld
Another one of our "MOBI" fraternity has passed over, Ian "Iggy" Carter , my commiserations to his wife and family, he was a thoroughly good bloke and a very accomplished shipwright.
Fair winds and a following sea, Ian.
Bob Moult. :sheeesh:

13th MOBI Intake
1962 to 1982
Nirimba, Sydney, Melbourne, Tarangau, Penguin, Albatross Kuttabul, Harman, Hobart, Platypus, Duchess, Brisbane, Moreton

Post subject: Re: Iggy
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
State: NSW
I had a yarn to Iggy when the 14th Intake had their last reunion at Huskisson. I knew he was battling cancer, but he seemed pretty good to me.
Another MOBI gone. Fair winds Iggy.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Sad to hear. Vale Ian. May your journey be blessed with warm breezes and sunshine.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
So very sad to learn about 'Iggy's passing, a true gentleman and fellow Chippy, I've have watched his brave fight (via FB) for quite some time and whilst we all knew it was a battle he couldn't
win, we all kept desperately praying he would...

My sincere condolences to Ian's extended family, I know he will be sadly missed.
Image :salute1: Image
In happier :up: and healthier times, 'Iggy' indicating 'Hey, Guys, I helped build this...' when he visited us ................ Chippy Ian 'Iggy' Carter :up: ANZAC Day 2017
at The MOBI Yacht 'Nirimba' on display at the Southern Cross Yacht Club, Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra,
to help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of HMAS Nirimba in 2006...

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:41 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
A nice guy taken way before his time, sad news indeed. May you have fair winds and following seas Ian. Condolences to the family.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Too true Pony... :yes: And if we thought that 'Greenie' Gordon Robinson (r) made a pretty good 'Chippy', and that 'Greenie' Dave Warren
(c) made a pretty fair Diesel 'Tiffy', then Chippy 'Iggy' Carter (l) made a pretty good supervising 'Greenie' on his visit in Feb. 2014... :finga:
By all accounts, Ian and Claudette enjoyed their quick spin around Sydney Harbour, with Claudette supervising 'Iggy's time on the tiller...
.......... As they say... "Wishing you smooth seas and fair winds, Ian, rest on your oars, your journey's done..." [-o<

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

The following was posted on Ian's Facebook Page by his daughter Kristy: :evil3:

Hi Everybody,
Dads funeral is going to be held on Tuesday the 6th of June at St Marys Catholic Church Mudgee at 11am. Following the funeral we will be having a wake
at the Mudgee Golf Club starting at 1pm for those who want to come have a drink, share some stories and celebrate the life of our amazing father. :tchin:

One final pic I found, of Iggy's visit to The MOBI Yacht 'Nirimba' back in Feb. 2014... :down: L - R: Dave Warren, Rick Pengilly, Ian Carter, Gorden Robertson.

........ Image

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Correction to duplication of topics... :puter: D.J. Lewis posted the following into a duplicate topic... :evil3:

DJ wrote:
The passing of:-

IAN CARTER R 42658 JAN 1963 entry SHIPWRIGHT

Sad to advise, we lost Ian to non-Hodgkin lymphoma last Wednesday morning after a valiant and very long struggle against this horrible disease, while in Gulgong hospital. He had been a fighter to the very end.
Jeff @ Margret ORMES had been with him the evening just prior to his passing.

Iggy’s funeral details:-

Tuesday 6th June at 1100

St Mary of the Presentation Catholic Church

57 Market Street

Mudgee

A good contingent from his term mates and partners will travel from all over NSW to be there to remember him and support his soulmate Claudette.

R.I.P IGGY CARTER

I have locked the duplicated topic and will remove it in due course...

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:56 pm 
Sprog

City or Town: Sussex
Rick, thanks for fixing wrong entry I am only a "steamie"

The wife and I traveled to Mudgee for funeral, we, being all 18 of us got to see "IGGY" off, we came from QLD and the north and south coast of NSW to make sure he was remembered. A contingent of our Victorian "mates" (14 I think) also met at Foostcray RSL at time of funeral and raised a glass in remembrance of our friend.

A full RSL style funeral was arranged by IGGY of course and I had the great honour of presenting to Claudette, the RAN White Ensign, on behalf of Gulgong RSL and Jan 63 term and Nirimba mates. It was a very good "send off".

He touched, and helped/supported a lot of Navy friends (including me)

smooth sailing Mate!!

14TH MOBI Intake
1963-1975
NIRIMBA / MELBOURNE / SYDNEY / WATSON / DUCHESS / VENDETTA / CIVVY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for that DJ, I saw the photos on Facebook of the gatherings in both Mudgee and Frankston, (still recognise most of 'the boys',) so glad 'Iggy' got the send-off he deserved... :thumbright:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 10 posts ]