Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Defence News
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:57 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
State: NSW
Taipan response from Army to Senator Fawcett.
youtube.com/watch?v=OP3TeDd25SY

They have nothing so anything is better than nothing and they can source support through European partners (but they still cannot have them).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:38 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
:laughing3: Awesome...!!! :yess: If the Coalition :3some: don't make David Fawcett Minister of Defence when they eventually :happy1: turf Albo out, :axe: they don't deserve to win government...! :supz:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:59 pm 
Div. Officer

Regarding the Taipan post:

I posted the following comment on the article site:

Defence has a chronic failure of not ordering the number of spares required to maintain any platform due to chronic underfunding by penny pinching accountants

And there was a follow up comment from another poster:

Exactly right and way back at the start of MRH, the OEM suggested spares package to sustain the Australian fleet of MRH, was cut in half by Defence, this was the start of the spares issues.

I believe that the "bury" option is to cover their arses regarding the inability to supply maintained, serviceable platforms through lack of required spare parts. The chance for Ukraine to source the needed spare parts from the European manufacturer would expose this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Stroppy Chippie wrote:

Defence has a chronic failure of not ordering the number of spares required to maintain any platform due to chronic underfunding by penny pinching accountants

Exactly right and way back at the start of MRH, the OEM suggested spares package to sustain the Australian fleet of MRH, was cut in half by Defence, this was the start of the spares issues.

I believe that the "bury" option is to cover their arses regarding the inability to supply maintained, serviceable platforms through lack of required spare parts. The chance for Ukraine to source the needed spare parts from the European manufacturer would expose this.

How very interesting. Tuesday last I was talking to an ex-pilot mate with a very long flying history and the subject of the Taipans came up, along with the burying debacle. His speculation was eactly the same in that the RAAF is burying their mistakes and liabilities.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 pm 
Div. Officer

Seejay wrote:
Stroppy Chippie wrote:

How very interesting. Tuesday last I was talking to an ex-pilot mate with a very long flying history and the subject of the Taipans came up, along with the burying debacle. His speculation was eactly the same in that the RAAF is burying their mistakes and liabilities.

Another response on the post:

This is how NZ was able to solve the issue and bought a 9th complete NH90 specifically to be used as spares as it actually worked out cheaper and so have then been able to keep on top of the "spares" issue by then taking said part off the spare frame immediately and then just ordering and replacing that Part on the spare so as not to impact the operational fleet.

This excuse of no spares doesn't exactly fly (pun intended) here either as the ADF now had 6 spare frames in the even earlier retired RAN NH90s which could/Should have then kept the army Nh90s in a flyable state. The fact that the RAN justification for ditching the 6 naval examples was supposedly the difficulties the small fleet number presented whereas army reasoning for NZs ability to operate their 8 NH90s satisfactorily is exactly the same, a smaller fleet. These guys need to work together on their excuses at least.

Sooooooo, if they cannot give operational platforms to Ukraine, they could give the entire inventory to New Zealand to maintain their inventory.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:00 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Hear, hear! :ok:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Stroppy Chippie wrote:

:-k Its a bit like burying Alexi Navalny, ( [-X but not until all signs of the novichok residue have dissolved, :roll: ) then bury the evidence, once and for all... :sleep1:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:22 pm 
Div. Officer

Hippy Chippy wrote:
Stroppy Chippie wrote:

:-k Its a bit like burying Alexi Navalny, ( [-X but not until all signs of the novichok residue have dissolved, :roll: ) then bury the evidence, once and for all... :sleep1:

Strange, elections coming up and the chance of Navalny being out of jail by that time then, all of a sudden, he dies. Who would have guessed that...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:25 pm 
Div. Officer

I just watched a forum on the Strategic Review and they were talking about the build program to include light and heavy landing craft (I guess yet another attempt to replace the long lived LCM8s - after two prior fails). Seejays favourite firm in line to build both the light and heavy vessels (along with more Evolved Class "patrol" boats.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:15 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Stroppy Chippie wrote:
I just watched a forum on the Strategic Review and they were talking about the build program to include light and heavy landing craft (I guess yet another attempt to replace the long lived LCM8s - after two prior fails). Seejays favourite firm in line to build both the light and heavy vessels (along with more Evolved Class "patrol" boats.

The word on the street around here is that 'that firm' is in the process of being bought by Twiggy Forest and his intent is to make WA the new centre of shipbuilding in Oz. Given his past successes with whatever he turns his hand to he will probably succed in this as well. After all, money talks and big money talks big, and I think the commonwealth will roll over to accommodate him given the state of current shipbuilding.

With a bit of luck, he'll move that firm away from alloy construction.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next