Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Thanks Fellas...! :happy:
BC wrote:
This is totally unfair. In this age of diversity and fairness, there should have been a survey in order to select the best candidate or at least a lottery.

But then, he will probably be wearing his lilac flares to represent a number of diverse groups!

Well done Rick, I'm sure you will enjoy the sea time. :ok: :shithot:

=; To set the record straight, BC, the flares are purple :laughing8: pin-striped... Image [-X ...the shirt's :bye: lilac...! [-( :sheeesh:

Robert W Moult wrote:
Rick, the purple flares, okay but those boots, even for you, they're a bit over the top. :sheeesh:

:omg1: ...says he of the sequin-covered red suit and bowler hat...! :happy2: ...Oh, and not to mention the tartan tam-o-shanter with the built-in shoulder length orange wig...!!! #-o

.................................................................. [-( You shy little duff-lovin' :licking: introvert, you...!!! :snap:

................................ =; I also expect to return with my own IR (Individual :down: Readiness) Level #2 'Fit for Sea Duties' Badge...! :yess:

.....................................................Image

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

:-k Hmmmm... =; Could be an interesting cruise, :captain: guess who else is on the :type: HMAS Brisbane Association Guest :evil3: List...??? :omg1: (Click on the link, then scroll to the end...!) :pharque:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
:happy2: :haha: :happy2: :haha: :happy2: :haha:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:13 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Rick, you can offer him further info on the Lady Penrhyn incident. Tell him that Lady Penrhyn was repaired at RAN Support Craft Ryde though the repairer ended up at Nirimba instructing........

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:39 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Brian, :happy: I was wondering what I was going to talk to him about if I got cornered, once I got past rolling the ambulance, (that was a McKenzie too..! :finga: ) or jumping ship on a sly grog run, :drink 29: or
to beat up all the hoods :boxing: between Quakers Hill :violent1: and Blacktown, :axe: (after the XO cleared lower deck at midnight to tell us a few of our lads had been badly beaten up on Blacktown Station,)
and then there was setting fire to the Wardroom, :violent3: (sure it was an inside job to cover someone's fiddling of the books, :book: or maybe it was just to get a new Wardroom...) :yess: Looks mean, eh..? :omg1:

....................... :omg1: :faaaarrk: Image ...should that 'for' :laughing3: be a 'to'..? :-k

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:14 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Thanks Brian, :happy: I was wondering what I was going to talk to him about if I got cornered, once I got past rolling the ambulance, (that was a McKenzie too..! :finga: ) or jumping ship on a sly grog run, :drink 29: or
to beat up all the hoods :boxing: between Quakers Hill :violent1: and Blacktown, :axe: (after the XO cleared lower deck at midnight to tell us a few of our lads had been badly beaten up on Blacktown Station,)
and then there was setting fire to the Wardroom, :violent3: (sure it was an inside job to cover someone's fiddling of the books, :book: or maybe it was just to get a new Wardroom...) :yess: Looks mean, eh..? :omg1:

....................... :omg1: :faaaarrk: Image ...should that 'for' :laughing3: be a 'to'..? :-k

Seems you have more than enough for the trip (might need to loiter off the Heads to fit it all in).

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

=; In light of my pending sea-time :captain: on HMAS Brisbane, :salute1: I appreciate you lot being too polite :happy: to make derogatory comments regarding :type: dead whales and our new AWD/DDGs...! :diver:

You'd think a smart whale would see the bulbous nose symbol... :arrow: Image ...and stay clear of the sonar..! :dontknow:

......................................................................................... =; (N.B. the comments :evil3: under that SMH article :news: are worth a read as well...!) :finga:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

=; Must go and set the alarm for 'sparrow's fart' tomorrow morning, :salute1: "ship under sailing orders"... :captain: wouldn't wannabe late for that one...! [-( \:D/ :woohoo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:51 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Well done Tricky, just got back from my trip in the outback and found out that you managed to secure a trip on the Brisbane. Hope you enjoy it mate, I will brace myself for possible new members. :ok:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Neddley, :happy: twas a great day, Members of the HMAS Brisbane Association (below) :down: were but a small contingent of the 220 :omg1: invited Family and Friends who joined 180 HMAS Brisbane Crew
for the day on the high seas between Newcastle and Sydney, but I'll furnish a full report tomorrow :evil3: after I've sorted out the best of the heaps of photos from my own efforts as well as the others in our group...

=; Lots to share, so tune in late tomorrow 'for the full guff'..!

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next