Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:52 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Re: Our Temporary Outage... :bash:
=; Our apologies, Guys, to those of you who tried to log in at some stage over the past 24 hours, only to find a message stating that we'd exceeded our bandwidth... :bugger:
(...bit too much traffic leading up to Christmas, I guess..!)

I put a call into the technicians (currently all on leave,) and left a message to see if we could bump it over the line, knowing that the worst case scenario, it was due to reset
itself automatically on the 1st (tomorrow) anyway... :-k

In case it didn't come back on line before then, I'd left a message for you all on the HMAS Nirimba Facebook page from 'The "A" Team' of RAN Skilled Hands, wishing everyone
a HAPPY NEW YEAR and to say that we were look forward to chatting again on the other side...

...but then... BINGO...! Our lovely 'Techno-Geeks' got must have got my message and have generously allowed us to 'reset' our bandwidth quota a day early :yess: and so we're
back on line again... :woohoo:

:thumbright: To our bandwidth providers... :prayer: THANKS GUYS, :notworthy: love your work, :bob light: HAPPY NEW YEAR...! :bob light:

An update to my post above; :upy: our brief return online yesterday was short-lived, :bugger: with a total of 4 posts from me putting us over the bandwidth limit again, :shit:
keeping us all off-line for the crucial arrival of 2019... #-o

Never mind, we're now back online with a newly reset bandwidth allocation, so HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL...! :occasion7: :occasion9: :woohoo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:28 am 
Site Admin

[-( To paraphrase Britney Spears, :oopssign: WE DID IT AGAIN...! :shit:
Yes, we :angry9: blew our bandwidth again on 29th January :swear1: and once again had to wait for the start of the new month to kick-start everything again... :bugger: Sorry 'bout that...! :sheeesh:

With the help of our ISP, we're looking more closely into why it has happened again, as 'all the usual suspects' :3some: have been considered and all but eliminated as possible causes... :dontknow: :pull hair:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:07 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
Who's using our bandwidth ?

whenever I log on I note there are only a couple of members, but lots of guests, this morning was 2 members and 16 guests,

Maybe we need to restict the the amount of video's being posted.

Bruce D

Jan 73 to Jan 94
Nirimba, Duchess, Kuttabul, Stalwart, Leeuwin, Stirling, Vampire, Stirling, Waratah, Adelaide, Platypus, Adelaide, Sydney, Platypus, Adelaide, Cairns, Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

:-k We've already sought expert advice from our ISP, Bruce, and considered the videos/ images issues, but in both cases, we [-X don't actually upload the pics and clips onto our site, all we post is the URLs
to said clips and pics, which reside on remote hosting sites, such as Flickr, Photobucket and of course, YouTube, so we're of a mind that it's all the 'bots' and search engines out there, accessing the site that
are cumulatively chewing up our bandwidth... :eating: :licking: Thanks for your thoughts, Bruce, :thumbright: we're addressing it... :puter:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Announcements from the Administrators (Check this Forum each time you log in...!)  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4