Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:25 pm 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
BUGGER!!!!!
Sorry lads, just got the word - Saturday is a no go due to work.
I'm definately up for the next run though.
Buck - The batteries go in the camera mate
Burgo - Your gonna have to look after Ned, don't let 'im climb any more trees, we were lucky to get him down the last time.

Have a great time, I expect a truck load of warries to come out of this!!!!

Cheers

WIMP...!

Jan 83 - May 89
Leeuwin, Cerberus, Kutts, Moresby, Stirling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Would you believe... "The Brooklyn" doesn't open until 1200 noon on a Saturday...!!!! :shock: HOWEVER, a mere
100 metres further down George St., (towards the Quay,) on the opposite side of the road is "Jacksons on George",
so rather than change the time, we've decided to change the meeting place... :D

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THERE AT 1100... :D

(We've sent all of the players an e-mail, please reply or 'PM' me, so we know you got the message...) :D

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:22 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
:cry:
Sorry Guys,
I can't make it today. I have to leave for a job shortly 0300 ! ! !. It is a bit hard to " chuck a sickie " when your Self-Employed and work was a bit thin over the Xmas/New year period. Anyway will try and make the next one.
So have a good day, as I know you all will and like Rets look forward to hearing the " warries ".
Cheers Dino.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Cerberus,Albatross,Melbourne,Albatross,Melbourne,Kuttabul and several short stints on Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:31 pm 

I am sorry to say that I must miss the run due to personal problems but will be at the next one for sure good luck to all on the run I will be thinking of you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Well Dino, Burgo, Rets and any others who couldn't make it.... you missed out on a SUPER run..! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Whilst we discovered late on Friday night that the Brooklyn didn't open 'til noon on a Saturday, we hadn't received a reply from CharlieS (Charlie Staples) to acknowledge the change of venue, so Ned and I decided we'd better stick to our original plans and head in to the Brooky at 10.30..

We arrived just in time to find CharlieS about to break and enter, thinking that perhaps we'd snuck in without the pub being open... :roll:

We were about to head off to 'Jackson's on George', the substitute kick-off point, when we glanced back to the Brooky and spotted a suspect silver haired slicker hovering aroud the Brooky, so we about faced and discovered that although Rob Hall WAS an ex-MOBI, and WAS a Member of RAN Skilled Hands, he hadn't read about the Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Pub Crawl (!?!?) and was, in fact, there to meet up with any others of HIS Intake who might be in the City for a few drinks at the Brooky...!!:o :shock:

Rather than hang around the closed Brooky like a bastard on Father's Day, Rob agreed to fill in for Dino, Burgo and Rets, and the four of us headed of to Jackson's to wait for the rest... Muppet74 (Steve Wilson) was next to arrive, closely followed by Poseidon (Buck Rogers), next was Sqizzy Taylor, and lastly was RogerF (Roger Fidler), who can be forgiven for his tardiness, having turned (60) the day before...!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(More on the day later, gotta run and get ready for 'THE SURVIVOR'S LUNCHEON' at 'The Oaks'...!!!) :wink:

Scroll down for the next instalment: :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note between Rick's Magna Carta's.

Yesterday was one of those special days, when you get the chance to catch up with old mates that you haven't seen for 30 or 40 years and meet guys for the first time, that have been through the pussers indoctrination process, which strangely bonds people within an hour of meeting.

The fun, laughter and memories began with our first drink of lemon squash (Squizzy excepted) at Jacksons and continued for 10 hours.

Many names from this website were fondly mentioned in the conversations about times gone by, so even those that couldn't make it were there in spirit.

I will remember yesterday for a long time. Great run guys.

Cheers.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:51 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Good to hear you had a great time.

I'd say that when staff at the Brooklyn saw you lot milling (mincing for Ned) around outside they probably decided to keep the doors closed and hope you just went away. Besides when they saw Ned they thought that there was enough mirror balls in the joint already!!!

Hope Charlie Staples was able to keep a high level of decorum in the group and maintain the integrity of the Engineering Branch. :roll:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Good to see a good time was had, and I'm still jealous.

However, I'll correct that on the 6th March.

Only one problem with that date. Whilst booking accommodation, i've found some costs double/triple for that night. It would seem there's a very colourful parade up the cross that night..........

Cheers

CJ

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:22 am 
Site Admin

Damn! Sprung.....

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, the interest has been piqued. You realise, Buck, that when you post the pictures you'll have to add a screed on the the situation?

We're all waiting for the warries, fellas!

Cheers

CJ

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next