Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:32 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Completing, or Updating your new User Profile Settings.... :evil3:

As part of Registering as a New Member, you will have completed :type: your User Profile to get the full benefit of the many features of our New RAN Skilled Hands Forum Website... :thumbright:

As an Existing Member of RAN Skilled Hands you are requested to now UPDATE your User Profile to take advantage of the many NEW features on the New RAN Skilled Hands website, such as the ‘Happy Birthday’ :occasion4: Greeting Message, and by everybody updating their information, you will eventually be able to search the Member :news: List for Buddies, by Enlistment Date, Surname, etc...

Through the new User Control Panel you now have a greatly enhanced access to a much wider range of options than ever before, including your Board Preferences, your Private Messaging (PM) System, and so on...

So in the brief Tutorial below, we’d like you to spend a few minutes and allow us to introduce you to the new User Control Panel and how to go about completing/updating your information to enhance your RAN Skilled Hands Forum Website experience... \:D/

Don't forget to hit Submit after filling in all the fields.

After updating your User Profile, Members can return to their Profile to update their information at any time, through the User Control Panel.

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Our GDY :usa2: Wayne :usa: asked: :evil3: How do I change my time on RAN Skilled Hands..? :dontknow:

“How do I change my time on RAN Skilled Hands, we are now in Standard time and I can't get into the clock like I use to..?”

To which I replied: :evil3:

Hi Wayne,

Glad you reminded me, my own ‘board time’ has been an hour out since NSW changed to Daylight Saving Time, (Summer Time)...

Watching ‘Good Morning America’ a few days back, I also noticed that the USA and Australia change at different times, (dates)
but hopefully our board can automatically cope with all ‘local’ changes around the world, once you’ve set it up correctly... :finga:

Anyway, you can make adjustments to your ‘local’ time through your :type: ‘User Control Panel’... then ‘Board Preferences’...

..... Image..... Image

Set your ‘Standard Time’ for your location, then click on whether your timezone uses ‘Summer Time/ Daylight Saving Time’ or not...

P.S. I think my ‘board time’ WOULD have re-set itself automatically, but at the time we completed the site upgrade, it was Winter time
here, (Australian Eastern Standard Time) so I didn’t click on the DST button at that stage; #-o in retropect, [-X I think I should have... :roll:

Members in States that haven't yet come to terms with the miriad of benefits associated with Daylight :sun: Saving, i.e., Seejay in QLD,
and Looselips in WA, [-( wouldn’t select 'Yes'...
:puter:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:44 pm 
Hut Senior

City or Town: Hobart
State: Tas
thank you :yea: :yea: :finga: :finga:

18th MOBI Intake
1965 to 1977
Nirimba, Perth, Brisbane, Cerberus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Image :finga: Image =; Image :yea:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm 

K.I.S.S ....... Keep It Simple Smiley!! :finga: :badgrin: :grin: :lol1: :happy2: :mex: :lol: :hoho: :P :laughing8: :smile: :happy1: :lol: :supz: :biggrin: :toothy7: :laughing5: O:) :haha: :laughing3: :mock: :jerk: :upy:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

:supz: Image :yea:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Ballarat
State: VIC
:sheeesh: now we have to go back to :faaaarrk: 'in school or more bloody meetings with a whiteboard!!!!! Bring on the bad memories ... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

1977-1990; 2000-2010 Cerberus x 2, Navy Office x 4, Albatross, Kuttabul x 2.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Wait until you see the test! :lol1:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Bobcat wrote:
:sheeesh: now we have to go back to :faaaarrk: 'in school or more bloody meetings with a whiteboard!!!!! Bring on the bad memories ... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

[-X Only NOW... =; YOU'RE in charge of the Whiteboard/ Blackboard, :yess: (and the content) Bobcat... Image :yea:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Ballarat
State: VIC
Ahhhh memories ... of going outside with the dusters or leaning out of the second storey window and smacking them together to get out the chalk, then running a ruler through the slits to further illicit more chalk dusk (cough, cough). Cleaning out ink-wells, nugget and polish desktop and dais that the nun stood on out front, washing down the blackboard and then Sister Mary Bernadette Joseph Paul Mathew Mark Luke John of the Holier Than Thou of the Chosen Few Order, would in her best handwriting, do the alphabet and numbers at the top of the board and if she was artistic, you would also get some sort of 'holy' picture in coloured chalk!!!! :omg: :omg:

:up: This isn't me, but the uniform is certainly familiar ... white shirt, school tie, woollen tunic with belt, jumper, blazer, hat, short white socks, black shoes and school satchel. Think I must have been in training for the Wran's uniform ... white shirt, tie, woollen box pleat skirt, blazer, stockings, black shoes, cap, brown gloves and handbag. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: Old habits die hard. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

1977-1990; 2000-2010 Cerberus x 2, Navy Office x 4, Albatross, Kuttabul x 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> First time on the NEW Forum Website? START OFF HERE...!  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next