Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:13 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: The Entrance
State: NSW
:D Welcome to the RAN Skilled Hands GUEST BOOK :D

:shock: AHOY THERE ! :shock: ...Welcome to you, our valued Visitor...! :D :D :D

Glad you've managed to find our RAN Skilled Hands Website/ Forum ... Obviously somebody out there likes you a lot, because they've told you about this DYNAMIC, constantly changing, and exciting Website... :shock:

To get this far, you'll have already noticed our Opening Page, featuring 'Our Director' the theme song adopted by our Ex-RAN Apprentices as their own and our Welcome Page, which outlines how we started and our vision for the future of the RAN Skilled Hands Website... and now you're on our Index Page... :)

A brief tour around the variety of Forums/ Topics on the Index Page will give you just a hint of what's on offer to our Registered Members who chose to join us on the site... :shock:

You'll also notice that a couple of Forums/ Topics have been purposely left open to the casual Non-Member Visitor, namely 'First time on a Forum Website? START OFF HERE...!' and of course the one you're now in, our 'RAN Skilled Hands GUEST BOOK', to give you a sneak preview of the layout and interativity of the rest of the site...! :shock: :D

We've also left the Memberlist open to your perusal, there's currently 11 pages of Members (50 to a page, that's over 500,) from as far afield as... Russia, Mexico, Great Britain, New Zealand, Canada, U.S.A. including, Hawaii, The Bahamas, Baku Azerbiajan, Malaysia, The Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Belgium, as well as every State and Territory in Australia...! :shock:

You've probably also noticed our RAN Skilled Hands Photo Galleries where you'll find over 350 current and historic photgraphs in 23 Albums, contibuted by our Members, and our RAN SH Library, where we've uploaded the definitive "Skilled Hands at Sea", the story of HMAS Nirimba, the Royal Australian Navy Apprentices Training Establishment in it's entirety...!!! :shock:

For reasons of security and Member privacy, the rest of the Forums, where our 500 plus Members have posted close to 4,500 posts into over 200 different Topics, since November 2003, are only available to Members of RAN Skilled Hands... 8)

We're delighted you've visited our Forum/ Website and if, for whatever reason, you've decided NOT to join our 'swelling ranks' as a Registered Member, please let us know you dropped by... :wink: with a brief note and some details of who you are and perhaps what brought you here...!

This 'Topic' has been created just for YOU, our Visitors'... Why not let us know you were here...!!! Just 'click' on the 'Post Reply' button underneath the last entry in this 'Topic', type in your entry and hit the 'Submit' button... its as simple as that...! :D :D :D

Thank you for visiting www.RAN-SkilledHands.org, we hope you'll visit regularly...!!! If you know someone who should be made aware of our site, be sure to spread the word...!!!:D

(As this has been set up specifically to cater for Non-Member Visitors, would Registered Members please refrain from posting into this 'Topic'... Thanks Gang...!) :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject: Visitor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:40 am 

Hi,
I have been made aware of your site from another ex pusser. I dropped in and am very impressed.
I joined pussers in 1963 and I am a survivor of the Voyager-Melbourne disaster. Paid off in 1972 after serving on Voyager, Duchess and Sydney, Cerberus,Watson, Creswell and Harman. I would like to post our survivors web page if this is permissable by your administrators.
Thank You,
Barry.

Footnote: Absolutely Barry, go ahead and post your URL, and while you're at it, why not join us...??? Whilst this Forum/ Website was intentionally designed to have a 'Trades' flavour, we're not ALL MOBIs, Muppets, Phasies, Mechs, DENS, etc. in here, so you're welcome to become a Member... :D Hippy Chippy - WEBMASTER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:17 am 

Hi,
Igot your website from Barry Hyland.I also am a VOYAGER survivor.
I served from 1958 to 1979, serving in VOYAGER, STUART,YARRA,
DUCHESS, VENDETTA and PERTH,as well as CERBERUS, PENGUIN, WATSON KUTTABUL.
I think it's a great idea, and I hope more old salts like me join up.
I will mention your web site tonight at our regular Friday night piss up
at the Navy Club in Rockingham.WA.

Regards....Scruffy CASAS

Post subject: Just Looking...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:02 am 

Hi Guys,

Old Mechanician just checking the site. Look forward to catching up with some old mates.

Bryan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:05 am 

Hi,

I'm Hippy Chippy's sister. He's still full of it, isn't he? :roll:

Well done...the site is great! :shock:

Sis :D

Thanks Jan, just can't buy unsolicited accolades like that...! H. C. :wink:

Post subject: Sit visitor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am 

Just browsing and found site found it interisting, spent two ver happy years at Nirimba in 74 & 75 I was initally a Divisional CPO for one of the apprentices blocks but spent most of my stay there working fo Leut. Jack Cottrel as Transport CPO. Oh I was also President of the CPO's Mess for a while and and for the rest of the time I either worked in the bar or was bar manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:45 pm 

Hi Guys,

I'm Les Darley Ex CERA RN, now in St Marys NSW. I worked for Defence Logistics out here as Support Craft Manager for Platform Manager Surface Ships and after they were privatised finished up in FFGCLO. I retired in 2000.

Les Darley

Post subject: Ex RN ex RAN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:05 am 

Hi,

Came across your site from the Fisgard Association's site. What a good looking site. Congrats to the Webmaster.

I'm an ex EA(AIR) from the RN who spent a couple of years (after twenty in the RN) as an SAAW 1 in the RAN. I only served at Albatross, during '71 and '72, but stayed and became an Australian. Now living in Sydney.

Not sure whether I'm eligible for full membership, as I was never a Nirimba boy, but will still enjoy visiting the site.

Regards

Terry Rutter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:11 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
You're most welcome as a member Terry, feel free to join.

Cheers, Ned.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: The Entrance
Welcome Terry, you must have served with one of our mob, Greame Tomasetti...? :shock:

Feel free to join, and get stuck into the 'Birdies' section in the Branches forum.. :D

Regarding Fisgard: http://www.ran-skilledhands.org/forum/v ... =5635#5635 :wink:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:36 pm 

Just browsing in the Fisgard site WHEN ..................wait fer it ................. I happened across the bows of yer board!

Looks like you got a goodun here; I see Les Darley has already found you. Watch out for the Darley genealogy skills. He can trace your ancestry back to the time they lived in the family tree !!

For any of you guys who were unlucky enough to attend the Royal Hospital School, Holbrook, Suffolk, UK, there is a talk site at: http://takeoff.to/RHS

Anyway, best wishes with this elequent board and may yer lum reek!

cheers!

Rod

Post subject: Guestbook
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:38 pm 

Like several other came via info from Fisgard website. Transferred over in 76 spent a couple of months at Narimba then Melbourne, Creswell Supply and freedom. Still driving steam engine for a crust. regonised a few of the names on the membership list will have a closer look next time. Nice website.
Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:32 am 

Hi, I've just discovered this site via the UK Fisgard Association of which I am now a member and also the UK Fleet Air Arm Association. Both rediscovered after many years of retirement. I joined in 1941 as an Naval Air Apprentice and retired in 1971 with 15 years following in MOD/PE. A number of former colleagues either moved to Oz or transferred to RAN and some were still serving when I had a duty trip in 1984 and met them in Sydney. They and your association will probably be interested to know that I've just published my memoirs in A Bit of a "Tiff". I tried to send a book flyer to the RAN FAAA Association but I guess that it failed due to Spam blocking. If this is of interest I will forward details as you advise. Best Wishes, Bill

Post subject: visiting
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:57 am 

Found you whilst browsing Fisgard assn site. will be back.
Spent many many years in R.N. but my first ship was Duchess, which I note a number of your members mention. like the theme tune

Post subject: Tarangau 1973
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:33 am 

Hello to all I met at HMAS Tarangau in 1973. It was a strange feeling to be on parade in green among all you white ensigns in the Manus heat. I remember arriving from Moresby via 1PIR to find a bunch of guys polishing shells. What a lunatic asylum I thought. Within a week, I had started my own collection which I still have- what else was there to do? I have very fond memories of my time there- fishing, drinking :drinkers: , sailing, drinking. :drinkers: drinking :drinkers: , training recruits, jumping them off the warf to find 3 could not swim - oh the embarrassment, naval recruits who could not swim, it never occured to me, swanning about in the Gunga Din, what a fine vessel she was, even if a museum piece, the road to Lorengau on my motor bike with the local policeman waving his fist at me from his bicycle to slow down, the beauty of the islands: above all I grew up there from a fresh faced national service Uni graduate to a young man on my return to Australia. Thanks to you all. In my drunken liquid state in my last 24 hours there, I never did get to say thanks to you all, especial Cox and Chief and your fine daughter Sir: and Lt Webster and Maria. Love to here from anyone who was there. dathommo@optusnet.com.au
Pongo (David Thompson)

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> RAN Skilled Hands GUEST BOOK  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next