Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:58 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Blackbutt
State: Qld
Does anyone know about the passing of Commodore Jeff Partington?

13th MOBI Intake
1962 to 1982
Nirimba, Sydney, Melbourne, Tarangau, Penguin, Albatross Kuttabul, Harman, Hobart, Platypus, Duchess, Brisbane, Moreton

Post subject: Re: RIP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Haven't heard anything Bob. Will let you know if I find anything.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Blackbutt
State: Qld
Thanks, Pony, it is a cliché I know but he truly was one of natures true gentlemen. :kenoath:

13th MOBI Intake
1962 to 1982
Nirimba, Sydney, Melbourne, Tarangau, Penguin, Albatross Kuttabul, Harman, Hobart, Platypus, Duchess, Brisbane, Moreton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:41 am 
Div. Officer

That he was Bob, that he was.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:33 pm 
Div. Officer

I have contacted Bob Mummery and some others and they have their feelers out. They have confirmed Jeff has been very ill. Will let you know what they find.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 pm 
Div. Officer

The email below was sent this evening from Bob Mummery which unfortunately confirms that Jeff Partington has crossed the bar. A sad day indeed, as Bob Moult said previously Jeff was one of natures gentlemen. It was a pleasure to have know him and work for him, let alone his contribution to services rugby.

Vale Sir, RIP may you have fair winds and following seas and continue to enjoy the game they play in heaven.

From Bob Mummery

It is with much sadness that I advise of the passing of Commodore Jeffrey Partington, see Navy Office signal below.

I was undertaking the CERA’s Qualifying Course at CERBERUS when Jeff joined from the RN as OIC Marine Engineering School. Later I joined HOBART, where Jeff was the MEO, as his Deputy. He was a great supporter to my efforts at Harold E Holt to introduce the RN & RAN method of training to the detachment of USN Construction Battalion Sailors who were responsible for the watchkeeping duties in the bases Central Mechanical Plant. An excellent engineer, a gentleman’s gentleman and a great boss. Jeff also held a very strong interest in Rugby Union and significant interest in motor sports having had some serious involvement with the London to Dakar car race whilst serving in the RN.

Jeff’s funeral will take place at:
1000 on 3 APRIL 2019 in
OUR LADY OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH,
175 CORNFIELD STREET,
GOSNELLS WA.

Farewell old friend

Bob Mummery

Date: 29 March 2019 at 11:24:49 am AWST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: VALE - CDRE JS PARTINGTON, RAN (RTD) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
UNCLASSIFIED

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

The text of the signal is forwarded for your information:

1. IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS THAT I INFORM YOU OF THE PASSING OF COMMODORE JEFFREY PARTINGTON, RAN (RTD). HE MADE A SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO NAVY MARINE ENGINEERING THROUGHOUT HIS SERVICE, WHICH INCLUDED TWO YEARS AS DIRECTOR GENERAL FLEET MAINTENANCE.
2. HE JOINED THE RN IN 1946 AS A MEO AND SERVED AT SEA IN THREE CRUISERS. HE WAS ON ACTIVE SERVICE IN PALESTINE IN 1948, SUEZ IN 1956 AND BORNEO IN1962. HE SERVED ON THE STAFF OF THE C-IN-C MEDITERRANEAN AND AS NAVAL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR GENERAL OF RN SHIPS.
3. IN 1969 HE TRANSFERRED TO THE RAN AS OIC OF THE MARINE ENGINEERING SCHOOL, AND LATER XO HMAS CERBERUS.
4. IN 1971 HE WAS POSTED AS MEO HMAS HOBART. PROMOTED TO CAPTAIN IN 1973 HE WAS POSTED AS DIRECTOR OF FLEET MAINTENANCE. IN 1975 HE ASSUMED COMMAND OF HMAS NIRIMBA, THE NAVY’S APPRENTICE TRAINING ESTABLISHMENT.
5. IN 1978 HE WAS POSTED TO NAVY OFFICE AS DEPUTY CHIEF OF NAVAL MATERIEL BEFORE BEING PROMOTED TO COMMODORE AS DIRECTOR GENERAL FLEET MAINTENANCE.
6. HE SERVED IN NAVAL SUPPORT COMMAND UNTIL HIS RETIREMENT FROM THE NAVY IN 1985. COMMODORE PARTINGTON COMPLETED A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL CAREER OF 37 YEARS IN THE RN AND THE RAN.
7. ON BEHALF OF THE NAVY ENGINEERING COMMUNITY, I OFFER CONDOLENCES TO COMMODORE PARTINGTON’S FAMILY.
8. COMMODORE PARTINGTON’S FUNERAL WILL TAKE PLACE AT 1000 ON 3 APRIL 2019 AT OUR LADY OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH, 175 CORNFIELD STREET, GOSNELLS WA. RIG IS S2 WITH MOURNING BRASSARDS.

Regards,

Chris Churcher

CJ Churcher, CSM
Captain, RAN
Director Navy Senior Officer Management
Office of the Chief of Navy

02 6265 2619
0477 762 411

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:26 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Hervey Bay
State: QLD
Sad to hear of the passing of one of a true gentleman and great guy. He will be sadly missed by the Navy rugby fraternity.

Farewell Sir, it was an honour to serve with you and to know you.

Norm

18th MOBI Intake
Jan 65 to Jan 86
HMAS Nirimba (4yrs), HMAS Hobart (5yrs), RANTAU (2yrs), HMAS Stalwart (2yrs), HMAS Perth (2yrs), HMAS Stirling (2yrs), Navy Office (3yrs), HMAS Stirling (1yr). Civilian Engineering and construction (24yrs), Pensioner since 2010.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 7 posts ]