Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Dear All,

I was most saddened today to learn that WARRANT OFFICER RUSSELL GEORGE FAIRBAIRN R42214 - JULY 1958 MOBI ENTRY passed away peacefully on the 29th August 2020 following a short battle with cancer. Not only well known as an outstanding MOBI, he was also recognised as one who stood up for the rights of others – long may he be remembered.

I have requested details of his funeral and will pass them on when and if received.

Another fine man taken from us.

Yours aye

Bob Mummery

I had the pleasure of knowing Russ on a number of occasions at conferences as well as my later postings at Nirimba. A truly great bloke and will be sadly missed by his family and friends.

Russ trained as an OA and had Vietnam Service in HMAS Vampire in 65 & 66.

RIP Russell
:salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
I served with Russ a couple of times, can't remember where though. We have to accept the inevitable, but it is sad when you hear of a guy you knew quite well has gone over the bar.

Rest in peace Russ.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:05 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Blaxland
Rest in Peace Russ

Direct Entry
Mar 1966 to July 1987
Cerberus X 3,Waterhen x 4,Supply, Gull,Ibis, Paluma, Lonsdale, Flinders x 2,Curlew, Snipe, Carpentaria, Nirimba, Adelaide, FHQ (DEE)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
:-k Regardless of whenever a MOBI crosses over the bar, he's been taken too young...! [-o< RIP Russell...

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:51 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Sad day! I served with Russ during a posting back to Nirimba. As others have mentioned a really great guy who will be sadly missed. I recall he liked the ponies (no pun intended) and invested in a couple of racing thoroughbreds with, as is the usual case, limited success. The name Kings Relic comes to mind as one of the his horses. Some great memories.

RIP Russ, fair winds and following seas.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:06 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Latest advice is:

Russell’s funeral will be at;
White Lady Funerals
402 Pennant Hills Road
Pennant Hills NSW
On Monday 7th August
Tel: 02 9980 9935 to register (see below)

Russell’s funeral notice will be in Saturday morning’s Sydney Morning Herald

Yours aye

Bob

Sent: Thursday, 3 September 2020 1:24 PM
Subject: FUNERAL ADVICE - WARRANT OFFICER RUSSELL GEORGE FAIRBAIRN R42214 - JULY 1958 MOBI ENTRY

Dear All,

Advice received from Beverley Fairbairn follows:
The funeral will be on Monday, 7th, and due to COVID restrictions registration to attend the funeral must be made with White Lady Funerals on 02 9980 9935. It will be Live Streamed but I don’t have the link yet.
Russ was diagnosed on Christmas Eve with the only symptom being a sore shoulder so it was a shock.

Streaming details will be forwarded when known.

Yours aye

Bob Mummery

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 pm 
Div. Officer

Update -

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our live streaming service - we trust that our platform will enable those who cannot directly attend the funeral to be as close to the service as possible.

The service for:
Russell Fairbairn
is scheduled to begin at:
Monday, September 7th 2020 at 10:30 AM (Australia/Sydney)
Monday, September 7th 2020 at 12:30 AM (UTC)

Watch Service

This is a Private Service and as such requires a PIN number to access the page.
Please ensure that this PIN number is only provided to individuals that you would like to have access to this live streamed service.
This service's PIN number is:
PLEASE NOTE
If you are unable to view this stream at this time, you can revisit this link at a later time to watch a recording of the live event.

Important Information
There are some important points that need to be considered to ensure that you, and those you choose to invite, are able to successfully view the service, including:
• Internet Connection
In order to successfully watch a live streamed service, you must have an Internet connection of reasonable quality. Whilst our live stream can be viewed on mobile devices over mobile wireless networks, we cannot guarantee that the reliability of the live stream, particularly in locations where signal is unreliable. Where possible please consider watching the stream from a fixed Internet connection.
• Web Browser
We have gone to great lengths to test and minimize the technical challenges of viewing our streaming services, however it is important to mention that the technology of streaming is reliant on many external factors outside our control. Factors such as Internet speed, network reliability, what software is on your computer, and even the hardware you are using to view the stream will all affect the overall experience. To find out which devices and browsers we support, please visit our help article.
• Video Quality
Our player will automatically select the most appropriate stream to match your Internet connection speed. This has been designed to minimise buffering and increase the reliability of your service stream.
• Audio
All funeral service live streams include audio. Please ensure that your device's speakers are set at an appropriate volume or alternatively please use headphones.
• Live Stream Testing
It is important to ensure that your device and / or web browser meets the minimum requirements to watch our stream successfully. You can test your device at any time by visiting our Stream Test page (https://streaming.funeralsuite.com.au/help/browser-test).

Thank you,
Macquarie Park Cemetery & Crematorium - Camellia Chapel

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
:omg: Wow...! I just tested out the live-stream... :omg1: If the quality I saw is matched by the real thing, it will be :fantastic:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:00 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Rest In Peace Russ. :tear:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm 
Div. Officer

Hippy Chippy wrote:
:omg: Wow...! I just tested out the live-stream... :omg1: If the quality I saw is matched by the real thing, it will be :fantastic:

Yes, it is great quality video. Will have to wait and see what stream out on Monday to see if it matches this quality.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next