Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:28 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Sadly I advise of the passing on Friday 19 August of the former WOMTP* Chris Prentice.

Chris and I served in HMAS DIAMANTINA 1978 / 1979. He was a cheerful and jovial chap and an excellent Chief Stoker. He unfortunately developed an aggressive form of leukemia and he passed away at home in Hervey Bay, Queensland. His wife Diane is not computer literate but for those who may wish to speak with her, please telephone 07 4194 0847.

I spoke with Di yesterday and she is bearing up as well as can be expected. The local Legacy group have risen to the challenge and will be helping her through the various processes that need to be undertaken.

Farewell old friend

Bob Mummery

Chris's Vietnam service was a Gun Line tour in HMAS Hobart 22 Mar - 11 Oct 1968.

RIP Chris :salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:34 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Just heard from his son Adam that WOETS Barry Shrimpton of Jan'66 intake passed away last Saturday in hospital in Melbourne.

He’d been fighting diabetes and other illnesses for many years, and spent much of the last three years in hospital having toes removed and eventually part of both feet. He was pretty upbeat and positive to the end, but the body can only take so much.

No details of a funeral service yet.

Smooth seas and fair winds old friend.

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:43 pm 
Div. Officer

Another one of the mob has crossed the bar. Condolences to Barry’s family and shipmates.

Barry Ross Shrimpton - R43245, did a Gun Line tour of Vietnam in HMAS Brisbane – March 71 to Oct 71.

RIP Barry

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:30 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
RIP Barry, you were a top bloke. :tear:

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
=; Just a quick and respectful reminder regarding posting in this Topic... :type: It was created as a place where our Members can post passings/ condolences/ tributes/ funeral notices, etc., :evil3:
of 'those with whom we served' who were OTHER THAN fellow MOBIs, Muppets, Phasies, Mechs, DE Tradies with whom we served, who we consider deserving of a dedicated Topic of their own...

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:36 am 
Div. Officer

VALE - BORON, Eugenius "Eugene/Gene", R64075

Ex- CPOETS

Passed away peacefully at the Royal Adelaide Hospital on 1st August 2022.

Aged 76 Years.

Beloved son of Eudokia and Franciszek (both deceased).

Dearly loved Brother and Brother-in- law of Alex, Lila and Andrzej, Rick and Deborah

Loved Uncle of Antoni, Alicia, Rebecca, Deanna, Alanna and their families.

Forever in our Hearts.

12/02/1946 - 01/08/2022

I had the pleasure of serving with Gene, as Chiefs, on Parra in the 80's. Liked a drink on a hot day or if the heater was on, and he was a good snorer!

Gene's Vietnam service included 1 x Vung Tau trip in HMAS Sydney in 1965 and a Gun Line Tour in HMAS Brisbane in 1971.

Condolences to Gene's family and shipmates.

RIP Gene :salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:53 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Port Pirie
State: SA
Just got word that ex- chippy Paul Stuart passed away.
I served on the Perth with Stewy and spoke to him a few weeks ago.
He had cancer and was living at Sanctuary Point.
Rest in Peace mate.

1973 - 1985
Cerberus, Melbourne, Creswell x 2, Nirimba, Perth x 2, Kuttabul FIMA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:37 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Wow, that's a shock. I served with Stewey at Creswell and used to run into him occasionally down here. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years and had no idea he was crook.

He was always genuinly pleased to see me. Rest in peace mate, you were way too young. :tear:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:11 am 
Div. Officer

VALE - CHIEF NAVAL SHIPWRIGHT ROBERT LAWRENCE ASQUITH - R56772

To those who knew Bob Asquith will, his passing will not be too much of a surprise.

For those who may not have known him so well; Bob was a Direct Entry Naval Shipwright having joined the RAN in the early 1960s. Bob was a 1st Class tradesman and his work was well regarded. Additionally he was a keen sportsman devoting much time and energy into various sporting activities. Whilst we did not actually serve together, we were Sea Cadets in the late 1950s and, during our Naval careers, often ran into each other along our various ways. Post Navy Bob became a well known Bonsai gardener developing and selling plants from his Jandakot property. Later he moved, with his wife Barbara, into buying, manufacturing and selling a variety of goods at local markets. This involved a lot of travelling from one area to another, something he really enjoyed. Along the way Bob and I joined the Naval Cadets Association in which we were able to assist the Cadets in Western Australia by fundraising etc to provide equipment not normally supplied to cadets by Navy or the Navy League of Australia.

All in all, Bob will be very much missed by many in WA. His funeral details will be advised when known.

RIP Bob A

Bob Mummery

Dear Bob,

I received a phone call from Bob and Barbara's daughter, Michelle this afternoon to advise that Bob had passed away in the early hours of this morning.

The funeral is likely to be a few weeks away as there is a backlog of funeral slots at the cemeteries and another sibling is currently in Queensland.

Michelle will let me know about the funeral when the time comes. I will keep an eye on the press anyway.

Bob was a dear friend and Frank, Barbara, John and Robin, Leonie and I enjoyed many barbecues at Bob's place on Melbourne cup days.

Michelle said that his heart gave out and he also died of a broken heart after losing Barbara.

Best regards

Terry Brown

Bob's Vietnam service was 1 x Vung Tau Trip in HMAS Sydney in 1965.

I never had any direct dealings with Bob, but his name was familiar around the traps. Condolences to Bob's family and shipmates.

RIP Bob :salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:37 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
=; I remember Bob (Bluey) well, having served with him on HMAS Melbourne after I graduated... a fun guy, famous for (amongst other things,) the 'sawn off thumb' gag poster :evil3:
(which involved a sawdust-filled condom, some curly wood shavings, a few aquadhere drips and some red paint,) :omg1: on the Chippy Shop notice board...! :finga: :badgrin: :lol1: :badgrin: :happy2:
Henry Schubert has reminded me we both served with Bluey in :rr: HMAS Tarangau :tomtom: as well...

:prayer: Rest on your oars Bob, your journey's done... R.I.P. [-o< You will be missed... :notworthy:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next