Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:41 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Please see Don Glasby’s email below regarding the passing of Bluey Lamond of Mech’s 29, 1963/5 class.

Bluey’s class of Mechanicians interacted very well with my MOBI intake (Jan 60) when we were in our final year at NIRIMBA and Bluey is well remembered as an all round good guy.

If received, Funeral and / or Memorial service details will be advised.

Bob Mummery

Sad news today, learned that our old mate Ron “blue- or spook” Lamond crossed the bar recently. Blue was a member of Mech’s 29, 1963/5 class. He attended a reunion of that class held at Nirimba circa 1981/2, spent the last 40 years living in a caravan park in Bowen North Qld.

Cheers

Don Glasby

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Sad news today with the loss of Jim Keddie.

Jim was a POMTP and the 2IC of OFI Darwin when I posted back there in 92. A gruff individual to those he didn't know but a great mate to those he did. He persisted with OFI and then became the bloke in charge when he paid off.

Well known to all those on ships that refuelled in Darwin for many years, he leaves his loving wife Gail.

Vale Jim Keddie! Another of our era gone..

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:09 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
Seejay wrote:

Jim was a POMTP and the 2IC of OFI Darwin when I posted back there in 92. A gruff individual to those he didn't know but a great mate to those he did. He persisted with OFI and then became the bloke in charge when he paid off.

Well known to all those on ships that refuelled in Darwin for many years, he leaves his loving wife Gail.

Yep, a sad loss. I had a lot to do with Jim while I was Buffer at DNB from late 86 until mid 89, and then while I was on Cessnock until Early 92 .You always knew he was on his way with his tanker , as he would announce his arrival with the horn. RIP Jim.

July 72-June73
Ex WM,QMG,Bosun,Paid off Sept 93
Leeuwin,Cerberus x3, Lonsdale, Watson, Coonawarra(DNB), Harman.
Supply, Melbourne, Vampire, Attack, Ardent, Brisbane x2, Fremantle(Commissioning Crew), Sydney-FFG 03(Commissioning Crew), Hobart, Cessnock. Go the Mighty Magpies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

connief wrote:
Seejay wrote:

Yep, a sad loss. I had a lot to do with Jim while I was Buffer at DNB from late 86 until mid 89, and then while I was on Cessnock until Early 92 .You always knew he was on his way with his tanker , as he would announce his arrival with the horn. RIP Jim.

....and heaven help you if your crew weren't ready, willing and able! :angry10: :angry9:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:24 pm 
Div. Officer

CJ, is this the Peter James Keddie R43590, that was a MOBI in the Jan 68 intake?

If it is, another MOBI gone far too soon.

RIP Jim :salute1:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

You've got me there BC, I thought Jim was of the General Entry Stoker variety. As I get more news I'll post it here.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:38 am 
Reg. Chief

City or Town: Lynbrook
State: Victoria
I am pretty sure Jim was a general entry via Cerberus, Milo Hazeltine on the Coonawarra FB page said he joined up with Jim in 1970.

18th JRTE Rhodes
Dec 1966 - Dec 1986
Leeuwin, Diamantina, Cerberusx4, Harmanx4, Waterhen, Barricade, Lae, Tarangau, Melbourne, Buccaneer, Coonawarrax3, Stuart, Swan, Adroit, Perth, Vampire.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:27 am 
Div. Officer

According to National Archives, there are only 3 x Keddies in Naval Personnel Records. One born in 1919, one born in 1935 and the only one with a "Peter James" was born in 1951.

It is possible he joined Nirimba as a MOBI in Jan 1968 and transferred to GS in 1970. His records stopped at 1969.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

For info, Jim Keddie's funeral will be held at 1000, Friday 19th August at Thorak Cemetery Chapel in Darwin.

Jim was a member of the 30th JRTE Intake at HMAS LEEUWIN.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Further to Jim Keddie's passing: Jim passed in his sleep from a heart attack.

His funeral will be livestreamed via the link:

http://bit.ly./.jimkeddyfunerallivestream

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 61  Next