Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:58 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
I remember Russ well from Stalwart where we both served some time. A great bloke with a great sense of humour and "adventure". You never knew what he would do next! A sad loss..
RIP Russ, thanks for the memories!

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:42 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW

Joining the Navy on the 5th of May 1961, Russ first became a Stoker (ME to the old hands) before his civilian qualifications were recognised following which he became a Naval Shipwright (MTH in today’s parlance) in 1964. A diligent and well respected worker, Russ paid off in the rank of Warrant Officer MTH on the 4th of May 1982. His service included time in HMA Ships SYDNEY, SUPPLY and DUCHESS and, I have no doubt, some considerable time at Fleet Maintenance and other Naval Establishments.

Our sympathies go to Russ Norrish’s family with a thank you to his son Scott for forwarding the attached photograph of his Dad complete with his service awards.

Gone, but not forgotten Russ.

Bob Mummery

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
From: navy-stokers@googlegroups.com <navy-stokers@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of kk@kerrykerr.net
Sent: Tuesday, 15 June 2021 10:11 AM
To: Bob Mummery <bandi@iinet.net.au>
Subject: NAVY-STOKERS Custodians of the Golden Rivet:[21218] Re: VALE - WARRANT OFFICER RUSS NORRISH R57977

G’day Bob,

I served with Russ at RANTAU, he was a good ‘runner’ & never forgot his roots as a STOKER. Bob Towel & myself had many a good session with him at the RAN Sailing Club (we had the keys) & the assorted pubs around the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
Fair Winds & Smooth Seas old Mate.
Regards
Kerry Kerr

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2