Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:12 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Bob,
I have some sad news being the recent passing of a fellow MOBI of our intake namely ERA Don Day. Our intake members were in the process of organising our 55th anniversary reunion when this information came to light which saddened all who knew him.

Whilst this news was sad, Don’s ill health wasn’t readily known therefore I thought to at least make an acknowledgement to his legacy as a MOBI and what that means in the greater scheme of things in life, that only a MOBI would know of.

I have included the details of his family and funeral arrangements as a recognition of who he was and those that loved him dearly and who will miss him even more.

I would also like to send to his family and friends, on behalf of his the MOBI brethren, our belated condolences and deep sorrow on his passing.

Whilst I never knew him post NIRIMBA due to the vagaries of naval artificer life, “Don, you can now rest your oars mate, your work here is done. We hope you have fair winds and following seas on your journey ahead.

On behalf of the 25th MOBI Intake of 1st July 1968, and your shipmates.

Bob, can you please pass this information through your usual naval contacts.

Kindest Regards
Danny Grose

PS: I haven’t placed this information in the appropriate section in the “Skilled Hands” website as I am unfamiliar with the set up so if there is anyone out there that could assist it would be greatly appreciated so that Don’s MOBI record is not lost.

DAY, Donald John
16/07/1951 - 04/08/2022
Late of Mt. Mellum.
Passed away peacefully on 4th August 2022.
Aged 71 Years.
Adored husband to Kerri.
Much loved father to Liz and Ryan.
Beloved father-in-law to Annaliese.
Loved brother of Robert.
Family and friends are invited to attend a Celebration of Don's Life at the Gregson and Weight Chapel, 5 Gregson Place Caloundra on Thursday 11th August 2022, commencing at 1:00pm.
Family and friends are also invited to the Beerwah Cemetery on Thursday 11th August 2022 at 2:30pm, where Don will be laid to rest.
In lieu of flowers donations to the Queensland Leukaemia Foundation would be appreciated.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:55 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
RIP…Fair winds and smooth seas Don… :tear: :tear:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 2 posts ]