Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:47 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
State: NSW
I wonder how long it will take for the "alternative" crowds to highlight the lack of diversity in the pomp and ceremony of the parade? That there were not enough (add colour) faces involved, that the horses were forced to carry their riders all that way, that there was no recognition of (add gender, non gender, sexual orientation, the other myriad of every other mindset) others? I would agree with amazement at the length of the march, at that pace, and with the constant playing of marching music (especially the full time bass drum beat). Damn, I struggled to maintain a beat for one circuit of the ANZAC march in Sydney - the funeral ceremony made that look like a trip out to the kitchen for a cup of tea.
It was an impressive ceremony, as against the austere ceremony of Phillips due to COVID.
It was overdone but it is now finished. RIP Elizabeth II.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
=; Whilst the 10 days of mourning :crusader: may have been somewhat drawn out, :sleep1: or 'overdone' as Brian suggests, (considering she passed away at 16:30 BST, 8th September, 9th September our time,
i.e., 12 days ago,)
:omg1: yet it is interesting when you consider, :-k that according to the commentators, every minute detail of those 10 days were personally choreographed by HM :queen: QE2 herself...! :omg1:
:-k And don't forget, we've still got Australia's :aust: contribution to get through with tomorrow's public holiday :roll: and various remembrance [-o< services nationwide...! #-o [-(
:-k BTW, as an aside, I believe she was buried on 'Talk Like A Pirate Day' in the UK...! :pirate: ARRRRRRR....!!!

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> A Farewell to those with whom we served...  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2