Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: News of the day.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:02 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
State: NSW
Labor and the Greens will not entertain nuclear but Bangladesh and Bulgaria are happy to move to it https://world-nuclear.org/.../countries ... adesh.aspx
https://www.euractiv.com/.../bulgarias- ... uclear.../

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:10 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
=; Sadly, Brian, neither of those links :laughing3: load for me, [-( I'm getting a [-X "Page Not Found" #-o and a [-X "403 Forbidden" #-o respectively... :dontknow: :bugger:

However, searches on both subjects yielded the following YouTube clip plus an alternative info video for me... :tv:

:type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOIhbBJxd38 ....................... ...and this: :type: https://www.ebrd.com/news/video/plasma- ... garia.html

Then there are these :evil3: pages/ articles from Wikipedia...

:type: List of Nuclear Power Stations as well as: :type: List of Commercial Nuclear Reactors ...and finally, for Australia to get a mention: :type: List of Nuclear Research Reactors
And for the full story on Australia's sad and sorry history on nuclear energy, read: :type: Nuclear Power in Australia...which brings me to my old home town of Radium Hill in S.A., :yess:
where: :type: Uranium Mining in Australia first began... :sleep1:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

:shit: It's St. Patrick's Day... Image ...for the benefit of 2 of our Webmasters :hi: :hi: who share this 'common' (as spuds) heritage... :irish:

.......................... [-X Don't look at me, [-( my heritage is :happy1: Cornish (as :licking: pasties)...!!! :yess: :yea: :finga: :badgrin: :lol1: :badgrin: :happy2: :haha:

:-k I did find it thought provoking when gazing out over vast/ spacious/ empty fields of green :glasses7: in a recent travelogue on the 'Emerald Isle', that if you add up all those claiming Irish heritage in USA,
Oz and other such beckoning/ irresistible 'lands of milk and honey', what Ireland would look like today if they'd all just stayed home and let the spud :licking: famine run it's natural course :confused: instead...! :happy2:

:happy: Here's to the Irish diaspora who survived around the world today... :type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBG4wXpkJe4 :irish:

...................................................................................

Not everything out of Ireland was bad, remember this from 30 :omg1: years ago... :type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAtkcHpSHCw :jig: Riverdance was introduced at Eurovision 1994...

...................................................................................

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:05 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:09 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
It's sad that an Aussie Aid worker has lost her life in Gaza conflict. These volunteers know what the risks are when going into the areas. There can be no guarantees for safety.

The same as war correspondents, doctors etc.

There was no uproar when civilians were killed when aid worker food/medical air drops went wrong!

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

BC wrote:
It's sad that an Aussie Aid worker has lost her life in Gaza conflict. These volunteers know what the risks are when going into the areas. There can be no guarantees for safety.

The same as war correspondents, doctors etc.

There was no uproar when civilians were killed when aid worker food/medical air drops went wrong!

:evil3: These are the latest (unverified) stats so far (since 7th October 2023): :type: Hostilities in the Gaza Strip :burkab: :thwhite: :burkaw: :thblack: and Israel - reported impact | Day #175 :sniper: :obey:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11