Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: Pony and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 pm 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
I will post here what I have posted in the 4WD post, the only reason I posted on here now was to bring to your attention the site www.standto.com The rest of my posts have been a cheeky dig at you rusted on military tragics, living in the past. I have cheerfully moved on , thank God, you mob should do the same. Cheerfully yours , Bob [ note chuckles]

17th MOBI Intake
July 1964 to March 1985
Sydney, Vampire, Perth, Brisbane, Hobart, Ardent, Wollongong. Establishments- Nirimba, Penguin, Coonawarra, Waterhen, Cerberus

Location .......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
:roll: =; [-( [-X :-#

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:40 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Bob,

I'm quite happy to be a "tragic" on this site and will remain so. You don't know what other organisations, we as individuals belong to, or interests we have outside this web site.

If you had searched through the various forums, you would find that information about superannuation, veterans affairs, welfare, current & past naval news, we are being well updated.

You, just like others on the site have may other sources of information, that provides updates to our administrators and/or post said info directly onto the site for others to view.

So, maybe you are still a bit of an old "tragic" yourself! :roll:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

BC wrote:
Bob,

I'm quite happy to be a "tragic" on this site and will remain so. You don't know what other organisations, we as individuals belong to, or interests we have outside this web site.

If you had searched through the various forums, you would find that information about superannuation, veterans affairs, welfare, current & past naval news, we are being well updated.

You, just like others on the site have may other sources of information, that provides updates to our administrators and/or post said info directly onto the site for others to view.

So, maybe you are still a bit of an old "tragic" yourself! :roll:

=; As 'Bob' is enjoying some some 'time out' at our discretion, he can't log in to reply to your post, BC, however,
in full agreement with your post, :notworthy: as most of our Members would realise, on issues important to our Members,
yet not specifically in accord with the stated intentions of RAN Skilled Hands, (i.e., providing a platform to connect
the broader RANATE Community,)
we've always endeavoured to adhere to the age-old maxim:

"Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day; teach him how to fish and he'll be re-directed to the :type: 'Stand To'
website and get all the fish he'll ever need... and then some...!"
:finga:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 am 
Div. Vice Captain

City or Town: Trafalgar
State: Victoria
I would like to thank the site facilitators for removing what I believe was a troubled personage from this site. I may not input very much but I do appreciate the considered opinions of the fair dinkum users of this site. I visit very often without input (always wary of cutting rebukes) but appreciate everyone's opinion and their right to exercise it as long as it is done with humour and appreciation of others.

22nd MOBI intake
Jan 67 to Nov 88
RANATE, Sydney, Melbourne, Waterhen, Watson, Carpentaria (UK), Melbourne,Orion, Otama, Onslow, Platypus, Kuttabul(CODOCK)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:49 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Thanks Barry, your thoughts are appreciated - as are many others who have contacted us in this regard. We don't suspend/remove memberships lightly, but in this case it was inevitable and certainly not without many suggestions, hints and warnings - and a fair bit of discussion behind the scenes. :dontknow:

In fact, I think we could count on one hand those we've had to move on to other pastures. :-k

As far as input is concerned, we've always worked under the tenet that whatever level of involvement is comfortable with the member is okay with us. Naturally, the more the better as it keeps the interest in the site ticking along that much merrier. And banter is the lifeblood of Mobi's discussions....... :wink:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

:thumbright: Appreciate your thoughts, Barry, along with those expressed in a number of e-mails :evil3: directed to Admin
from various Members over recent days and weeks. It justifies our painful decision to censure one of our own... :-k

=; What we say, or what we do, on RAN Skilled Hands is no different to when we were at RANATE, out in the
Fleet, or even in Civvy Street; if you waffled on, or demonstrated through your actions that you were constantly
disruptive and annoying, (with the justification of being an independent thinker, or a non-conformist,) then expect, in
short order, to be told by your peers, that you ‘talked shit’, or were a ‘total dickhead’... not much has changed... :dontknow:

What has changed is that we don't have endure it, we have a choice: to put up with it, or distance ourselves from it...

After numerous unheeded warnings, and much deliberation on our part, we chose the latter...! :-k

I’ve always been of the opinion, that those who go through life with no consideration whatsoever to what impact their
inconsiderate thoughts and actions have on those around them, have no place in the company I choose to keep... [-(

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Baz wrote:
I may not input very much but I do appreciate the considered opinions of the fair dinkum users of this site. I visit very often without input (always wary of cutting rebukes) but appreciate everyone's opinion and their right to exercise it as long as it is done with humour and appreciation of others.

I'm sure nobody on this site, except for Rick, CJ, Ned, Norm, Pony, PW, Smiley, Henry, Lucii, Bob, Gordo, Charlie, Mick, Spud, Daggy, Piquet, Wayne, Phred, among others would cuttingly rebuke you.

I know I am one who certainly wouldn't! :wink:

Now, can we get back onto topic. :lol:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

:thumbright: :lol:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sydney
You suckhole, Carney. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're as bad as the rest of us, I mean them.

15th MOBI Intake
July63 to March74
Nirimba, Sydney III, Collingwood(UK), WSTG(UK), Lonsdale, Swan, Cerberus, Kuttabul, Harman, Kuttabul(RANTAU)

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next