Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: bfdavis and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Techo Questions...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:42 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Pony wrote:
I reckon a 30 min life span (as in actual usage) should be achievable Chris. Go for it. :yess: :mex:

:grin: Thanks Pony! :grin:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:01 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
State: NSW
I was watching an article on the Ineous Grenadier interior (Landrover lookalike) and they have the normal horn button in the centre of the steering wheel and a "TOOT" button, for use when going past cyclists (to warn not to scare). For some, strange reason, this particular thread came to mind (Seejay barrelling past the competition, leather flying helmet flapping in the breeze, "tooting" as he passes............)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps I should write 'BLARE' on the button...? :badgrin:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:56 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Port Pirie
State: SA
Our ANZAC Dawn Service was pretty successful this year but the feedback Ive been hearing is that the students "need to talk closer to the microphone".
We have 12 students from our various schools who read out a short biography of a fallen digger.

i.e.
Private Edgar William Parham, Service No. 2092, Baker from Port Pirie,embarked for overseas with the 3rd Reinforcements, 32nd Infantry Battalion, was Killed in Action at Fromelles 20th July 1916 Lest We Forget

I can vouch for the fact that some students could hardly be heard whereas other could be heard quite clearly and beleive they just didnt have the microphone close enough to their mouth.

Now to the tech question...
Apart from coaching on the morning...Is there a microphone(s) that can alleviate this problem?

1973 - 1985
Cerberus, Melbourne, Creswell x 2, Nirimba, Perth x 2, Kuttabul FIMA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:19 am 
Site Admin

I have in my possession an antique Simplex Auto-type fire extinguisher made by Wormald, including the steel 6mm steel rod spring frame it clips into. It's made from copper and brass and it's the type that used to be fitted into vehicles in the mid-20th century. Copper body about 75mm Dia, around 400mm in length, pump 'T' handle at the top and a built in nozzle at the bottom.

They used to contain carbon tetrachloride (CTC - which was banned in 1987), were removed from use early 70's, and tend to be polished up decorations these days.

My question is: does anyone have an exploded diagram of the above? I'd like to disassemble it for cleaning out but need to know the interior setup first.

Just as an aside... these would have been fitted inside RAN Fire trucks in the mid-50's/60's.... :grin:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:05 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
I remember the type of extinguisher that you have but you may need to contact Wormalds for any chance of finding service information (the best I could find was a young bloke on You Tube showing one off and reading the brass plaque on it). The only brackets in the cupboards of the former Nirimba Thornycroft airfield fire unit are for the Simplex type 2 gallon extinguishers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:47 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tura Beach
I have an electric golf buggy and the battery is dead lasts about 3 holes, it is a Lithium LifePO4 12.8V22AH, Amazon have a similar battery but it is only 12v20AH my question is would this Amozon battery work on my buggy given the .8 difference in voltage and amp hours also would my charger work on the 12 volt battery. any advice would be appreciated.

17th MOBI Intake
July 64 - July 85
Nirimba x 2, Sydney, Lonsdale x 3, Tarangau, Melbourne, Coonawarra, Kuttabul, Stalwart, Jervis Bay, Penguin, Tonga Defence Cooperation, Cerberus Hobart, Harman.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
:dontknow: Not sure Henry, but once you decide on a replacement, :-k it would make sense to keep the old one charged up and onboard the buggy :quad: as a 3-hole back-up just in case the new battery only
gets you to the :golfb: 15th hole... :yea:

=; Alternatively, if finding a replacement becomes all too hard, #-o have you given any thought to HIRING a club buggy for a round, then quietly swapping your dud battery :hiding: with the one in the
club's buggy :quad: when you to get to about the :devilb: :golfb: :devilb: 17th hole...! :yess: :happy2:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:48 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tura Beach
Thank's Rick already have a golf cart which I use for 18 holes this is mainly for when I walk the dog in the morning for exercise. :cock:

17th MOBI Intake
July 64 - July 85
Nirimba x 2, Sydney, Lonsdale x 3, Tarangau, Melbourne, Coonawarra, Kuttabul, Stalwart, Jervis Bay, Penguin, Tonga Defence Cooperation, Cerberus Hobart, Harman.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:27 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Holbrook
HenryS wrote:
Thank's Rick already have a golf cart which I use for 18 holes this is mainly for when I walk the dog in the morning for exercise. :cock:

How about a harness and whip ??

28th MOBI Intake
Jan 70 to Jan 82
Nirimba x 2 , Cerberus , Derwent , Stalwart , Yarra , Platypus , Watson , Vampire

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next