Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:45 pm 
Sprog

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
2 for me please Rick.

13th. MOBI intake.
July 1962 to Sept 1983.
Nirimba,Cerberus,Derwent,Lonsdale,Waratah(USA),Hobart,Navy Office,Stalwart,Perth,Navy Office.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Hippy Chippy wrote:
.................... And so, on to the Hippy :hippy2: Chippy's "UNDER TWO ENSIGNS" Lapel Pin Project...

...................................... :hi: Actual size; 26mm wide x 22 mm high... Image :happy:

Hippy Chippy wrote:
Thanks for your prompt response, Guys, I'll keep a running list :evil3: here (below),
which, after just 24 hours is already at 30-plus (not counting me,) justifying and
thus prompting me to begin formal enquiries/ quotes from a few manufacturers...

Those expressing an interest so far... (E.O.I.)

:happy: Bob 'Geordie' Moult x 4
:happy: Greg Eade x 2
:happy: Chris 'SeeJay' O'Keefe x 2
:happy: Graeme 'Smiley' Rhodes x 2
:happy: Peter Ferris x 2
:happy: Brian 'BC' Carney x 10-plus
:happy: Steve 'Shep' Shepard x 2
:happy: Tim Baker x 2
:happy: John 'Chippy Ned' Kelly x 2
:happy: Mike 'Pony' Moore x 2

DirtyDiesel wrote:
Rick
check out stokers website I bought two last year from Stary Voin I think was his name and they were Under two ensigns

=; I'll follow up on Chuckles' post above, :laughing3: and provide info to his source if it
matches what I'm after. (BTW, I'm not seeking to be in competition with anyone,
however I feel my points about ranking the two ensigns in order, i.e., RN-WE on
the left, AWE on the right, and substituting 'ENSIGNS' for 'FLAGS' justifies my
suggestions for a new design...)

Following up on Chuckles' post above :laughing3: has led me to this post on the Stokers and Chippies Facebook page, and it would appear that great minds think alike... :yea:
the person initiating this model :down: of "Under Two Flags" had the same idea as me regarding the order of the two ensigns and changing the word FLAGS to ENSIGNS...! :yess:

So... if you're happy with the artwork, rather than me pursuing a 'duplicated object' I suggest placing an order directly with Peter Schilling by e-mailing him on:
:type: peter62534@iinet.net.au with my blessing...! :yess: And a big BZ/ thanks to Charles 'Dirty Diesel' Britt, for directing me to it... Thanks Chuckles...! :happy:

I'll contact Peter immediately, :mobile: to suggest that rather than him having to cope with orders trickling in from all of us, that he hold off ordering a batch to cover
our orders 'til a specific deadline of say, Friday 14th of April, so he can order the lot in one fell swoop...! :type: :evil3:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
I will have a couple please Rick.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

:happy: Noted and added to the list... :evil3: Watch this space for updates after I've spoken :mobile: to Peter Schilling... :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:14 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
2 for me please Rick.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

:happy: Noted and added to the list, Pony... :evil3: Watch this space for updates after I've spoken :mobile: to Peter Schilling... :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

=; O.K. fellow RAN Skilled Hands Members, :3some: :hello2: :3some: I've received the following e-mail from the current supplier of the "Under Two Ensigns" lapel pins... :evil3:

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your email.

This is the lapel pin that I had made:
I have 24 available but the price is $11.50 each including postage. The postage is the same for up to 10 pins i.e., $74.50. The postage is more for over 10 pins.

I had 670 of them made over four orders and they were certainly cheaper when I ordered over 100.

I am more than happy for people to order directly from me. My contact details are below.

Regards

Peter Schilling
21 Ashcroft Crescent
MONASH ACT 2904
Australia
Email: peter62534@iinet.net.au
Mobile: 0402 648 333

That :laughing3: was a tad confusing, :confused: so I rang Peter :mobile: (who was an ex-SBA of our vintage,) and had a lengthy chat which resolved all of the questions I had... :yess:

=; In case you haven't already worked it out, the nominal unit price of the pin is $7.00, so if you include $4.50 postage, it's $11.50 for a single pin order. :happy:

:-k Turns out Peter can get up to 10 pins into a PostPak CD package, so if you were to order 10 pins, that's $70.00 for the pins, plus $4.50 for a single PostPack
CD package
, all up $74.50... :happy: Similarly, 20 pins, would be $140.00 plus two PostPack CD packages @ $4.50 ea, a total of $149.00... :yess:

Savings of scale don't really kick in until you're at more than 50, and then only a marginal change to the nominal unit price, which is probably not worth the extra
hassle of re-mailing them :mail: on to the ultimate recipient... :gotmail:

=; So, in short, please feel free to order directly through Peter, preferably via his e-mail, :type: peter62534@iinet.net.au he in
turn will e-mail you his banking details, for you to do an EFT transfer, he'll then advise you when you can expect your pin/s... :gotmail:
=; BTW, :givein: nothing in it for us, but when you place your order, :evil3: please tell Peter you came via RAN-SH website... :yess:
:obey:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:02 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
You appear to have more requests for pins than the 24 available (unless I read that part incorrectly). Pleasing to see so many still around who have achieved the "two flag" period.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Brian, =; perhaps I should have qualified that further, to be specific, Peter has 24 'on hand', :hi: before he orders more :type: from the manufacturer, [-( supply won't be an issue... :happy:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:46 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Thanks Brian, =; perhaps I should have qualified that further, to be specific, Peter has 24 'on hand', :hi: before he orders more :type: from the manufacturer, [-( supply won't be an issue... :happy:

:yea:

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next