Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Yaeh, I know the Balmain run has just happened, but it's time we set a date for the November run through the Rocks. After all, we have a tradition to upkeep. :drinkers:

I'm a starter, mainly because my planned events for October/November are not now happening. Therefore, I plan to be there.

First weekend in November okay with everyone? :wink:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:54 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
State: NSW
Ouch Chris,

The 13th Intake have a reunion in Forster 7th to 14th November, so early November would cut Rick and I out of a Rocks run I'm afraid, we would prefer late November or very early December. How does that sound with you Rick???

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Okay, how about late October so those of us out-of-towners who are interested in cars can take in the Sydney Motor Show?

Which happens October 9th (Thursday) to 19th (Sunday).

Meaning that we could have the run on the 18th?

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Chippy Ned wrote:
Ouch Chris,

The 13th Intake have a reunion in Forster 7th to 14th November, so early November would cut Rick and I out of a Rocks run I'm afraid, we would prefer late November or very early December. How does that sound with you Rick???

First weekend of November (1st and 2nd,) is also the 2nd - 21st Birthday (42nd Anniversary of the November 5th launch) of The MOBI Yacht 'Nirimba' (which we'll celebrate with a function at RANSA...) The 13th MOBI Intake Reunion was put back to commence on the second week in November for that reason... :dontknow:

It may have also escaped everyone's notice that 5 years ago, on the 3rd November 2003, RAN Skilled Hands was launched, and I figure THAT'S worth celebrating, probably tied in with the yacht's function at RANSA... :partyman:

So as far as the 6th RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey is concerned, I suggest either the last Saturday (25th) in October, or mid to late (15th, 22nd or 29th of) November... \:D/

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:59 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Have spoken to Dino Gedling. He's committed to Fleet Air Arm reunion in October, and family commitments in December. He's keen for the 22nd November weekend.
Have also spoken to Glen Friedrich. He and Justina are also committing to coming, and the 22nd November suits them.
As you all know, I'm easy (Keep the gob shut Ned), so the same can be said for self.
Henry Schubert has committed to the do, just haven't spoken to him, Shep, or Seejay as yet (some pones only on message bank this sabbath).
My S.I.D. (Sue) has committed to coming again, and tells me some of her reprobate mates want to be ringins and come as well.
Bearing all this in mind, ie Roster Sergeants, Interstate travel & accomodatiion, methinks it's time to commit to a date, & I say the 22nd November is it.
Your thoughts folks.
Cheers.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:07 pm 

Hmmmm!!! Even I might get to this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

I agree with Col re committing to a date nice and early, as I need to book accommodation at the Hyde Park Inn, cattery for Ellen's moggie etc.

22nd November would slot in beautifully with our busy social calendar. How does that sit with you Chris??

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:42 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Peter Weyling
Quote:
Hmmmm!!! Even I might get to this one.

Pete, it would be great to see you there. You can also spread the word to anyone who had dealings with NIRIMBA, or other MOBIs you have contact with and try to shanghai some more onto the fold.
Cheers mate.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Chippy Ned wrote:
22nd November would slot in beautifully with our busy social calendar. How does that sit with you Chris??

I've just booked and paid for my air tickets (going to jump on a Virgin again).

I'll be there Friday for the obligatory run to the Frisco, :drinkers: then the Rocks saturday, and fly home sunday.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:28 am 
Site Admin

OK, a done deal, I will book the accommodation tomorrow. YeeeeeHaaaa.
:wav:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next