Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Lucii,

It looks like you are pushing too hard on the handles of yours and hitting the skirting boards a lot!!

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:06 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Lucii wrote:
Might be from chasing parked cars mate.

You're going to have to stop that Lucii........let the dogs do it...... :roll: :roll: #-o :butthead: :upy:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:37 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Loved your pictures of the run Bob, particularly the many of the "Hero", which apart from the Mercantile, Fortune Of War, Lord Nelson, Observer, Palisade, Harbour View, Glenmore and the Orient, is my favourite pub. :drinkers:

I also note a couple of pics when you guys settled in at the Orient, that Shep's eyes had fallen down to his chin, which always happens when he has had too much to drink. :drunken: :? As a matter of fact, I have seen them dragging on the floor after a few Anzac Day sessions.

Sorry I missed it guys, it won't happen again I promise. :supz:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:51 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Jeez Neddie, we tried our best to keep you up to date on the day..... :D

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:10 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Well Friday started off as usual. I was on the rattler from St Marys to the city by 1245. By 1300 I had the first phone call from Shep telling me I was a shout down. He and Seejay were already at it in the Frisco. Five calls later, I was ambushed outside the Frisco as I was walking up to the Mariners Court to book in for the weekend.
Fifteen minutes later, the foundation members of the basin trial (Shep, Seejay and self) were in full swing. Sue joined us a bit after 1600.
By this time we had discovered a table load of MOBIs & MUPPETTS adjacent, and Joey Joseph (Jan ‘66), became a fixture at our table, along with Rick, and Tafmo and the lovely lady Rhonda.
A dangerous precedent was set.
None of us made it to stumps. Normally Shep, Seejay and self are swept out by the cleaners, but not tonight Josephine.
I am informed that this could be a good thing, as a group of Khaki clad mates and their ladies came a looking for us to have a drink, at would you believe 0100, and the Frisco was still apparently going strong. The mind boggles.
Anyway, a sleepless night was endured with severe pain from a neck injury that pain killers would not diminish, so after collecting Dino on Saturday morning, it was once more into the fray at Jacksons on George.
There, the rest of the rabble had already assembled, the obligatory get well coffee consumed, bullshit was bantered, and first ale for the day about 1145. Just after 1100, it was officially on for young and old.
Hadn’t but crossed George Street, when we came across Neddles sleeping in, his alarm obviously wasn’t working, so we left him, but tried our best to keep him appraised of the days progress, until he inexplicably had troubles with his mobile. Couldn’t get him to answer most calls.
We finished up with 11 starters, and as usual, it was a good mix, plenty of bullshit, booze, and eye candy on the menu.
There was much chatting up of the fairer sex, and recruiting by Rick for bow figureheads for the MOBI, ( ie the two raging poofters from Melbourne. Charlie chatting up his train driver, (we all thought she was the loco), and then there was Charlie looking for a change of menu trying to scrounge a cheap (read free) feed from one of the local binnery.
We had coppers, (being chatted up by MOI), whilst conducting a siege, then later under their truck bonnet. Security staff at the Orient who had a great sense of humour, and posing throwing me out.
Anyway a great day/night again. Shep, Howie, Joey and self the last four to return to Jacksons on George, then Shep left, so the rest of us had one more, “The last three standing”.
Joey & I staggered onto a 311 back to Woolloomooloo at 2330. Needless to say Sunday morning, one was a bit fragile.
Roll on next year, (FIRST WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER).
Cheers.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:28 pm 
Div. Officer

Sorry, typo (read blonde moment) in above post.
Next years run, is first weekend in NOVEMBER.

Cheers.

July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:48 am 
Div. Officer

Obviously still recovering Col...... :occasion7: :occasion7: :upy:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 am 
Div. Officer

Gary,
I need a bit of grey to put colour back into my hair. Almost santa white these days.
Cheers.

July'64 to July'76

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
My barber describes it as 'Arctic Blonde'.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:36 am 
Div. Officer

I've just got a gray streak around my temples.....too bad my temples are so bloody big........ :tear: :tear: :laughing5: :laughing8: :toothy7:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next