Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:18 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
I was thinking of you guys on Saturday afternoon when I had my only beer for the day at 5:30. Tasted nice. I was at Sandown and the bar opens late. So I had a beer with ExCPOMECH James Dodd and we thought of you for a short while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:26 pm 

sbjohns wrote:
So what was the Bell's menu like, Pete?

Yes .. :grin: ..I know some of you want pictures ........ :puke:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:56 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
I was thinking of you guys on Saturday night whilst consuming free piss at my nieghbours surprise 50th birthday party at the Civic Pub here in Canberra. Our son even played taxi for us.

Big week coming up. The 2017 RANCBA reunion starts tomorrow here in Canberra, so I will be tagging along with the wife for various events. Meet and Greet, Last Post ceremony at the AWM, Rememberance day at the AWM and formal dinner Friday night. VCDF VADM Griggs and his new partner ( ex Leut) are the official guests.

July 72-June73
Ex WM,QMG,Bosun,Paid off Sept 93
Leeuwin,Cerberus x3, Lonsdale, Watson, Coonawarra(DNB), Harman.
Supply, Melbourne, Vampire, Attack, Ardent, Brisbane x2, Fremantle(Commissioning Crew), Sydney-FFG 03(Commissioning Crew), Hobart, Cessnock. Go the Mighty Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
sbjohns wrote:
So what was the Bell's menu like, Pete?

Made McDonald's look reasonable...... :sad3:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:07 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Glad you all had a great time at this year's Rocks Run, albeit with some stumbling blocks (to go with the stumbling inebriates.... :drunken: :drunken: :wine: :tchin: :drink 42: :drunken: :vom: ).

I really had the shits (like Hendo...though in a semi-controlled manner.... :hoho: :hoho: ) that I couldn't make it... :shit: :shit: :shit: , but being anal was important.... :finga: :finga: My colonoscopy went well, got the all clear, and had a few vinos for you all over the weekend to celebrate, so was there in spirit at least.... :wine: :wine: :wine: . Didn't feel quite so under the weather for some reason... :-k :-k ...you're obviously all piss-heads and lead me astray when I'm there... :laughing3: :mock: :mock:

I will definitely try my best to make it next year, and seeing I'll be retired by then it should be easier.... :yess: :yess:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Peter Weyling wrote:
:hi: The 14th Rocks Run was "impacted" by the inability of The Frisco to be available. However it was fun as usual. Frisco may have lost a lot of its charm in the rebuild/update.
Some notes:
7. We should look at starting/meeting a bit later on Saturday morning for breakkie.
8. The Lowenbrau charged me $75:00 for 3 beers, :omg: and on top of that was a ladies drink for CJ. Thank you Pony!!!!!!!!!!!!

=; Just a few observations. PW... :-k
Re: #7. Start time on Saturday was just fine, you just need to adjust your bed time on Friday... :sleep1:
Re: #8. $60.00 of your $75.00 bill was for deposits :omg1: on the three gigantic bier steins you ordered... :drink 42:
:happy1: (BTW, I only discovered this by accident when I returned your empties to the bar after you left...) :money 3: :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Doing some early bookings for 2017 SH run next year, so am I correct with the date for the next run being 3rd and 4th of November 2017?

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:01 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Gollygosh Pony! Nothing like getting in early. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

It's always the first weekend in November, so that should be correct. No-one has any objections? :dontknow:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:11 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Peter Weyling wrote:
:hi: Some notes:
8. The Lowenbrau charged me $75:00 for 3 beers, :omg: ........

Re: #8. $60.00 of your $75.00 bill was for deposits :omg1: on the three gigantic bier steins you ordered... :drink 42:
:happy1: (BTW, I only discovered this by accident when I returned your empties to the bar after you left...) :money 3: :yess:

Ah Ric, I hope that's true. Whenever I'm feeling down I'll read that for a good belly laugh. I don't think I will ever tire of it. :shithot:

14th MOBI Intake
Jan 1963 to Jan 1983
NIRIMBA, (63-66) CERBERUS, STUART, DUCHESS, CERBERUS, (67) CARPENTARIA, CERBERUS, (68-69) SWAN, (70-72) CERBERUS, (72-74) SWAN, TORRENS, (74-76) CERBERUS (77-79), TORRENS, (80-81) KUTTABUL, WATSON (82) [ROUGHLY]

Opportunity Knocks, Bunnies Bang!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:38 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Looking at that photo I'm really very, very sorry that I couldn't make this year's run.... :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear: 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif 033102phone_1_prv.gif :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next