Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:12 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
I trust all behaved with suitable decorum and grace.
(someone will have to explain the big words to the greenies)

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
:shit: Yeah... :finga: Abso- :faaaarrk: -inglutely, Smiley... :thumbright: :tchin: :ouzo: :cocktail: :drink 42:

Image :partyman:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:15 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
I am going to have to make the effort to attend one of these Annual Pub Crawls sometime in the future.

July 72-June73
Ex WM,QMG,Bosun,Paid off Sept 93
Leeuwin,Cerberus x3, Lonsdale, Watson, Coonawarra(DNB), Harman.
Supply, Melbourne, Vampire, Attack, Ardent, Brisbane x2, Fremantle(Commissioning Crew), Sydney-FFG 03(Commissioning Crew), Hobart, Cessnock. Go the Mighty Magpies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

:yess: Plan to make it next year, Connie...! :finga:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Another very enjoyable weekend! Although the yuppying-down of the pubs in the 'Loo has continued and is almost complete.

A review:

The Frisco. Now has around 15 beers on tap, two of which I recognised. It is now furnished in what I would describe as genuine imitation lower-class suburban beer hall. Hard imitation wood laminate floor with matching high tables and bar stools. The stools are so comfortable they make standing up a real pleasure. Don't go to the heads there for a while because Tafmo had a 40-minute crap in there and broke the door frame escaping from what he left behind!! The noise levels with all the hard surfaces in the bar actually force you outside. And once outside, every other pub looks very attractive.

So it was on to:

The Rockers a.k.a. The Macquarie Arms. 15 - 20 beers on tap, one of which I recognised. (although I've forgotten what one it was). All shiny, glass. chrome, and an awful lot of yuppies. And a bunch of young women dressed in their finest cruising apparel. Obviously, the streetwalker fashion is in this year. Very forgettable.

Then:

The Bells. Convivial, dark, dingy, everything's sticky (including the customers), several beers on tap, brick cavern atmosphere, plenty of laughter and drunken old sailors, just the sort of place we would gravitate to. And it's being sold in a week. The prognosis is not good. Pessimism says it'll be bulldozed and turned into expensive condos.

And finally:

The Tilbury. Our last watering hole on Saturday night. Probably 20 beers on tap, none of which I recognised - but I wasn't recognising much at that stage. Nothing like the Tilbury of old that was overrun with nut-clutchers and weirdos. All glass. chrome, flashy furnishings and the clientele was interesting - especially the two gorgeous young women wearing hot pants that accentuated their long legs which went right up to heaven..... :omg1: By far the best backsides I have seen in many a long year.

Final verdict: The Mariners Court is no longer a cheap stay at $160 per night. The 'Loo is no longer what it once was. The company of mates is still priceless. The Rocks Run is still very enjoyable. The Basin Trials should continue, but pehaps another venue......? :dontknow:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Seems like the pubs and pleasures we once enjoyed are no longer :tear:

Sorry to have missed this years run but am hoping to be there next year (SWMBO hopefully being well enough), we shall see. :mex:

:finga: We hope so too, Pony... H.C. :yea:

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Pity you blokes missed this view at the Tilbury...

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
And she wasn't the only delicacy was she Chris?????? :finga: 033102phone_1_prv.gif

Rick is going to upload my photos, and I pretty well agree with everything Chris said in his review.

I will get a bit of an idea about the Bells on ANZAC DAY.

Cheers.

Friday Basin Trials mob, with Danny at the Bells Hotel. — with Danny Miles The Publican, Mark Mobley, Col 'Pussa' Kelson, Chris O'Keefe, Rob 'Tafmo' King, Dave Maxwell
and Steve Shepherd at Bells Hotel, Woolloomoolo.

Col Pussa Kelson. and Danny Miles.

Old School mates, Old NIRIMBA mates. — at Captain Cook Hotel.

The world shrinks, a niece of another old Navy mate, Clarrie Shaw. — at Orient Hotel

Bells Hotel, Saturday night after The Rocks run. — with Col Pussa Kelson., Chris O'Keefe and Steve Shepherd at Bells Hotel, Woolloomooloo.

The world shrinks again, Rachelle Hetherington, daughter of another MOBI mate. — with Rachelle Hetherington. and Col Pussa Kelson. at Bells Hotel, Woolloomooloo.Image

The world shrinks again, Rachelle Hetherington, daughter of another MOBI mate. — with Rachelle Hetherington. and Col Pussa Kelson. at Bells Hotel, Woolloomooloo.Image

Danny and Barmaids Friday Basin Trials, Bells Hotel, Woolloomooloo. — with Danny Miles The Publican. at Bells Hotel, Woolloomooloo.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Seejay wrote:
Pity you blokes missed this view at the Tilbury...

:-k Did anyone think to ask her if she had ID...? :evil3: She might have been an off-duty one of these...

:love2: Image :love10:

:dontknow: I dunno, maybe there are some advantages to having women at sea in today's Navy... :yess:

=; And you blokes at the Tilbury :drink 42: missed out on a golden opportunity with these delicate young :love1: lovelies... :love10:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Dunno if she was a morale officer, but she and her girlfriend (dressed very similar and with the same quality fittings) certainly lifted ours!! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next