Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Pony has advised me that he's already booked in for Saturday, 7th November :20on20: thus firming up our traditional 'first Saturday in November' commitment, for
The 2020 (18th) Annual RAN SH Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey... I'll leave it to SeeJay to organise The Basin Trials for Friday, 6th November...

The 2019 Team... :terrified: :faaaarrk: :down: Why not join us for :20on20: :dontknow: :tchin: :ouzo: :drink 29: :drinkers: :wine: :occasion5: :cocktail: :drink 42: :partyman: :drink eat:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

:-k Did you know that some people are making a living :money 3: out of doing what we do annually for mateship - :3some: and for free...

:type: The Rocks Pub Tour/ Dave's Pub and Brewery Tours... Only $95.00 per head, :money 2: visits only four Pubs and lasts half a day (2 1/2 hours)... :omg1: :sheeesh:

HOME >SYDNEY >PUB TOURS IN SYDNEY >THE ROCKS PUB TOUR >QUICK DETAILS:

Duration: Half Day
When: Every day. Check the calendar below for upcoming available dates in bold

Where: We meet at Harts Pub, Essex St & Gloucester Street, The Rocks

Start: 11:30 am, 2:30 pm, and 6:30 pm. If you are running late, give us a call but please, please, please be on time. Your guide will love you for it!

End: The tours take approximately two and a half hours and finish at an iconic pub in The Rocks.

EXPLORE SYDNEY’S HISTORY AND PUBS
Drink In History on this historic walking tour of some of Sydney’s oldest pubs. Between watering holes, your guide will take you through the alleys and cobbled streets of The Rocks
as they share the gossip, shouts, and stories of Australia’s first European settlement. Hear about the legends, gangs, and hauntings of this distinctive neighbourhood as you sample
some of its finest libations.

After your Sydney pub tour, you can join your tour mates and other revellers at an iconic pub for a meal and another beer, or two…

This Sydney tour includes a choice of a beer (285ml/10oz), house wine, or soft drink at each pub and a two and a half hour guided walking tour of The Rocks, highlighting:

- The fight for the title “Sydney’s Oldest Pub”
- How the Larrikin Gangs ruled the Rocks
- What’s the 6 O’Clock Swill?
- Where Bubonic Plague started and how it was controlled
- The fight for The Rocks
- Sydney’s oldest haunted place
- And more stories, myths, and legends than you can pack into two and a half hours of fun

*SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE –
Because our pub tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate brewery operations. And sometimes we just know about beer
goings on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of our tours. Whilst these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them. If you do have
a MUST-SEE beer spot, please let us know when making your booking and we’ll do all we can to make it happen.

P.S. Dave also has 'full day' tours too (like we do,) 'from $170.00 per head'...! :pharque:
:evil3: Here's another operator :type: Viator who'll do you for $117.00 pp :money 3: but only two Pubs and only three drinks...! :drink 42: :pharque: And there's heaps more...! [-(

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Ahh! Sounds like you are thinking of going into business Rick! :yea:
I am sure a better job could be done. I recall doing a "ghost tour at night" with the a senior leadership team of a company I was working in, and the tour was pretty basic for anyone who had history in the rocks, but the "civvies" found it entertaining as they knew little of it. :roll:

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

=; In the meantime, I've just completed the first draft of an updated Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey 3D Mud Map... :evil3:
:-k It reflects a few venue updates/ venue name changes, such as the starting point of City Extra, (it was Jackson's on George,) the addition of The Argyle, and a name change
to the Munich Bauhaus (formally the Lowenbrau Keller). I may make further enhancements and artistic tweaks, but the route is now firmed up... :drink 42: Enjoy... :ouzo:

P.S. Here's one of my earlier :happy1: 2D Mud :evil3: Maps... :-k I think I'm improving...! :lol1: :figjam:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

:-k I've decided I'll revisit my little friends :bob light: in the blue bib 'n' brace overies :bob light: for the :20on20: 18th Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey...

:bob light: :bob light: :bob light: Image :bob light: :bob light: :bob light:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:45 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
:up: :yea: :yea: :bob dark:

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

:prayer: Thanks Smiley, :notworthy: seemed a bit of a waste :roll: to only use all my 'Minion' creations :bob light: on just one Rocks :ouzo: Run... :run:

=; I've modified my animated .gif, varying frame times and numbering the 14 venues en route, where thirsty MOBIs, Muppets, Phasies, Mechanicians and Direct Entry Tradies may imbibe on the day... :ouzo:

:bob light: :bob light: :bob light: :bob light: Image :bob light: :bob light: :bob light: :bob light:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:50 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Very creative Rick.....have yourself an ouzo or two....... :ouzo: :ouzo: :finga:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

:prayer: Thanks, Tafmo, it's nice to know that my creative efforts are acknowledged/ appreciated by a couple of recognised graphic arts aficionados like Smiley and yourself... :notworthy:

:-k Now, I think I'll take you up on your suggestion... :ouzo: :ouzo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmmm... :-k How about this for Steppin' Rig for the :20on20: Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey..? :dontknow:

:type: https://sonicballs.com/product/1arm-dn0 ... 4RLEznOJtQ :omg1: :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next