Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
=; You're not going to believe this, but this morning I got an e-mail :gotmail: from YouTube, (a.k.a., Google, :happy1: BTW, I've deactivated the 'hyperlinks'...) which reads:

"Your YouTube Video has been Age Restricted... :omg1:

Hi Hippy Chippy,

As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow – and don’t allow – on YouTube. Your video 2016 Rocks Run was flagged to us for review. Upon review, we’ve determined
that it may not be suitable for all viewers and it has been placed behind an age restriction.

How you can respond

If you believe this was a mistake, we’d like to hear from you. To appeal this age restriction, please submit this form. Our team will thoroughly review your appeal and will contact you again very soon.

For more information on YouTube's Community Guidelines, please visit our Help Center.

Sincerely,

- The YouTube Team"

...and the offensive YouTube video #-o in question..? Yup... :roll: It was the...
:happy1: 'Hitler Meltdown', put together by :usa: GDY :usa2: Phred...!!! :finga:

:type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmgCK1MFVg :yess: :obey:
:yea: :finga: :badgrin: :lol1: :badgrin: :happy2: :haha:

My appeal reads: :evil3:

"We are a collective (usually around 20, or so,) of ex-Royal Australian Navy Artificer Apprentices (mostly in our late 60's - early 70's,) who (since 2003) have been getting together annually, on the first
Saturday in November, in the Sydney Rocks Precinct for breakfast, then a tour of 'The Rocks' historic pubs, then lunch and a few drinks, to reminisce about the good times we shared during our careers
in the RAN...

The humourous 'Hitler rant' video clip (one of no doubt thousands on YouTube,) was put together by an ex-US Marine, who flew to Australia, primarily to join our group for the day, as a light-hearted
way of thanking us for inviting him to our annual event...

I cannot for the life of me find anything offensive in the cleverly put-together, funny clip, which listed many of the organisers and prominent participants of our fun run...

You must be getting close to the bottom of your 'offensive clips' barrel if it's taken 4 years to finally get to restrict our harmless video...

I respectfully request that you NOT place an age restriction on the clip, if for no other reason than to eliminate the hassle of members of our group having to sign up to become YouTube Members, then
to sign in to view it..."

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:13 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
Maybe they think we're TOO OLD, not too young to view it??? :haha:

14th MOBI Intake
Jan 1963 to Jan 1983
NIRIMBA, (63-66) CERBERUS, STUART, DUCHESS, CERBERUS, (67) CARPENTARIA, CERBERUS, (68-69) SWAN, (70-72) CERBERUS, (72-74) SWAN, TORRENS, (74-76) CERBERUS (77-79), TORRENS, (80-81) KUTTABUL, WATSON (82) [ROUGHLY]

Opportunity Knocks, Bunnies Bang!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
:evil3: I just received this response to my appeal from YouTube:

"Dear Hippy Chippy,
Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube. After further review, :read1: we have removed :omg1: the age :old1: restriction on your video. :yess: :woohoo:

2016 Rocks Run

For more information please visit the YouTube Help Center.

We apologize for the delay. Due to the recent global health crisis related to COVID-19, a number of our normal review processes have been disrupted and are experiencing delays.

To stay up to date on any changes in our services—and our broader response to COVID-19—please check the Help Center.

Sincerely,

- The YouTube Team..."

:figjam: Pardon me :pottytrain2: while I take a bow...! :notworthy:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8