Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
=; With growing evidence :evil3: that Australia :aust: is generally coming to terms with 'living with' Covid sign rather than slamming borders shut :out: every time someone sneezes, :terrified: coupled
with the 'planned' :roll: Covid sign Vaccine Roll-Out, targeted for completion by Oct., [-o< which is expected to give a high degree of protection by minimising the serious effects :happy: of contracting the virus, and
with Australia's steady march :walk: toward 'herd :moo: :moo: immunity', I think it's time :yess: to announce November's return of our Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey...
:dontknow: Whaddya reckon...??? :drink eat: :tchin: :ouzo: :drink 29: :drinkers: :wine: :blob6: :blob: :wav: :blob: :blob6: :occasion5: :cocktail: :drink 42: :partyman: :drink eat: :woohoo:

................................................................................ :type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiQUX11YaY :jig:
............................................. \:D/ I hear Circular Quay... ...and :director: The Rocks calling..! :yess:

:wine: Two years is too long :tchin: between drinks, :ouzo: and it's sad to waste a great graphic, so until I get around to fixing the :20on20: date, I'll kick things off re-using the last year's launch... :yess:

:-k I've decided I'll revisit my little MOBI/ Minion friends :bob light: in the blue bib 'n' brace overies :bob light: to launch the 2021 (18th) Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey...

:bob light: :bob light: :bob light: :bob light: Image :bob light: :bob light: :bob light: :bob light:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:57 am 
Site Admin

=; In the meantime, I've completed the final draft of an updated Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey 3D Mud Map... :evil3:
:-k It reflects a few venue updates/ venue name changes, such as the starting point of City Extra, (it was Jackson's on George,) the addition of The Argyle, and a name change
to the Munich Bauhaus (formally the Lowenbrau Keller). I may make further enhancements and artistic tweaks, but the route is now firmed up... :drink 42: Enjoy... :ouzo:

:yea: CONFIRMING THIS YEAR'S DATE CHANGES: :evil3: NOW FRIDAY, 12th NOVEMBER, to SUNDAY, 14th NOVEMBER. :yea:

Pony wrote:
Well have done the deed and booked for next years Rocks Run over the over the weekend of Friday 5th to Sunday 7th of November 2021. :yea:
Hopefully us lepers will be allowed across borders by then. :yess:

I've brought the (above) post forward :laughing3: from last year's cancelled run, (was dated Fri Oct 09, 2020,) and this morning :phone: confirmed it with Pony... :yess:

................................................................. :bob dark: So to start the ball rolling,
..................................................................CONFIRMED Attendees :evil3: are:

.................................................................. :happy: Rick (Hippy Chippy) Pengilly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Wal (Midge) Midgley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: John (Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Ellen (Mrs Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Steve (Shep) Sheperd \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Polly (Mrs Shep) Sheperd \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Pete (Red) Williamson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Helen (Mrs Red) Williamson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Denise (Mrs Bruce) Cocks \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Dave (Bunny) Warren \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Mark (Mobes) Mobley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Col (Pussasan) Kelson \:D/

.................................................................. Anticipated Attendees (yet to be confirmed...)

.................................................................. :happy: Brian (Stroppy Chippie) Mackenzie \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Verna (Toots) Mackenzie \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Rob (Tafmo) King \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Rhonda (Patience) King \:D/
..................................................................Possibly May- :bee: Attendees: (TBA)

.................................................................. :happy: Graeme (Smiley) Rhodes \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: John (Viv) McLeod \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Ian (Fritz) Hansen \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Kaylene (Mrs Fritz) Hansen \:D/

.................................................................. Non-Attendees/ Apologies

.................................................................. :happy: Chris (SeeJay) O'Keefe \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Mike (Pony) Moore \:D/ (Sadly, the date change excluded Pony...)
.................................................................. :happy: Gordon (Gordo) Robinson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Sandy (Mrs Gordo) Robinson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Sue (Mrs Midge) Midgley :tear: (Sadly Sue recently passed away...)

Anticipating an eager/ thirsty response from a bunch of deprived Pub :drink 42: Crawlers, I've booked the :type: City Extra Restaurant Circular Quay for 20+ for breakfast :drink eat:
and I've also just booked into :type: The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel for 20+ for lunch... :drink eat:

Footnote: :evil3: BTW, I was delighted to discover that upon booking my usual single en-suite room with :type: Cremorne Point Manor for two nights, the price had dropped from $268.00
($134.00 per night,) in 2019, to $174.00 ($87.00 per night,) no doubt due to the impact of the pandemic on bookings...! =;

Moral of the story: :evil3:
BOOK NOW :yess: (Book EARLY, book with your credit card, pay nothing up-front, pay on arrival, cancel up to 72 hrs prior, no penalty,) you'll get a GREAT deal...! \:D/

:yea: CONFIRMING THIS YEAR'S DATE CHANGES: :evil3: NOW FRIDAY, 12th NOVEMBER, to SUNDAY, 14th NOVEMBER. :yea:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Sorry guys and girls, Shep, Polly, Ellen and I will miss the run as we booked a Captain Cook cruise around the Lau group islands of Fiji about a month ago. We don't dock in Port Denarau until the day of the run, so it is impossible to get back in time.

I am extremely disappointed that Ellen and I will not be able to catch up with you all, but I am sure you will all have a great run.

Hippy Chippy's Footnote: :evil3: I have changed the dates to accommodate the four of you... :happy:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:51 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Thank you Rick, that is great news. Providing they don't lock us up on our return, the 4 of us will be there with bells on. We are anticipating that Fiji will be in a travel bubble by then and I anticipate that we will all have had the Covid injections. So, off the plane, do the dhobying and on the piss with the drunks. :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :wine: :wine: :wine:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:53 am 
Site Admin

=; I sent this PM :evil3: to Smiley and Viv this morning: =; BTW, Smiley and Viv, now that your Premier :joker: McGowan has become Emperor :king: McGowan, is he prepared to open the WA border to
allow certain WA MOBIs/ DENS :3some: to fly eastward to attend the :tchin: 2021 (18th) Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey, seeing you missed out last year...? :partyman:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:57 am 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: GLENWOOD
I stand ready to perform my usual role of Decorum Police again this year. :police:

22nd MOBI Intake
January, 1967 Still serving reservist
Nirimbax4, Leeuwin, Penguin, Vendetta, Brisbane, Cerberus, Stalwart, FOCAF Staff, Sydney, Melbourne, Yarra, Anzac, Swan,Vampire, Kimbla, Kuttabul.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

:happy: Thanks, Mark, wouldn't be the same without your guidance... :police: The updated Attendees List :evil3: is now posted below... :down:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

=; In the meantime, I've completed the final draft of an updated Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey 3D Mud Map... :evil3:
:-k It reflects a few venue updates/ venue name changes, such as the starting point of City Extra, (it was Jackson's on George,) the addition of The Argyle, and a name change
to the Munich Bauhaus (formally the Lowenbrau Keller). I may make further enhancements and artistic tweaks, but the route is now firmed up... :drink 42: Enjoy... :ouzo:

:yea: PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS YEAR'S DATE CHANGES: :evil3: NOW FRIDAY, 12th NOVEMBER, to SUNDAY, 14th NOVEMBER. :yea:

................................................................. :bob dark: So to start the ball rolling,
..................................................................CONFIRMED Attendees :evil3: are:

.................................................................. :happy: Rick (Hippy Chippy) Pengilly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Wal (Midge) Midgley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Sue (Mrs Midge) Midgley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: John (Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Ellen (Mrs Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Steve (Shep) Sheperd \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Polly (Mrs Shep) Sheperd \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Pete (Red) Williamson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Helen (Mrs Red) Williamson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Denise (Mrs Bruce) Cocks \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Dave (Bunny) Warren \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Mark (Mobes) Mobley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Howard (Hendo) Henderson \:D/

.................................................................. Anticipated Attendees (yet to be confirmed...)

.................................................................. :happy: Col (Pussasan) Kelson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Brian (Stroppy Chippie) Mackenzie \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Verna (Toots) Mackenzie \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Rob (Tafmo) King \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Rhonda (Patience) King \:D/

..................................................................Possibly May- :bee: Attendees: (TBA)
.................................................................. :happy: Mike (Pony) Moore \:D/ (Sadly, the date change may adversely affect Pony, TBA...)
.................................................................. :happy: Chris (SeeJay) O'Keefe \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Graeme (Smiley) Rhodes \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: John (Viv) McLeod \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Ian (Fritz) Hansen \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Kaylene (Mrs Fritz) Hansen \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Henry (Shoobs) Shubert \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Gordon (Gordo) Robinson \:D/ (Clashes with pre-arranged Family Reunion.)
.................................................................. :happy: Sandy (Mrs Gordo) Robinson \:D/ (Clashes with pre-arranged Family Reunion.)

Anticipating an eager/ thirsty response from a bunch of deprived Pub :drink 42: Crawlers, I've booked the :type: City Extra Restaurant Circular Quay for 20+ for breakfast :drink eat:
and I've also just booked into :type: The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel for 20+ for lunch... :drink eat:

:yea: PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS YEAR'S DATE CHANGES: :evil3: NOW FRIDAY, 12th NOVEMBER, to SUNDAY, 14th NOVEMBER. :yea:

N.B. With the date changes for this year, :laughing3: I've re-contacted the City Extra Restaurant and the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel and re-booked both venues :happy: for Sat., 13th Nov... :drink eat:

Footnote: :evil3: BTW, I was delighted to discover that upon booking my usual single en-suite room with :type: Cremorne Point Manor for two nights, the price had dropped from $268.00
($134.00 per night,) in 2019, to $174.00 ($87.00 per night,) no doubt due to the impact of the pandemic on bookings...! =;

Moral of the story: :evil3:
BOOK NOW :yess: (Book EARLY, book with your credit card, pay nothing up-front, pay on arrival, cancel up to 72 hrs prior, no penalty,) you'll get a GREAT deal...! \:D/

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:28 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
Hey Rick! Change me from may be attending to confirmed. Looking forward to it.

14th MOBI Intake
January'63 to January'83
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Yarra- FMP Williamstown - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Albatross - HMAS Watson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

:happy: Excellent, Hendo, I look forward to it, \:D/ it's been a while between drinks... :tchin: Have updated the Attendees List :evil3: accordingly... :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next