Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:54 am 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: GLENWOOD
State: NSW
Rick,
I may have another starter. CPONPC Bill Bowley - ex RP, NAMAE, Naval Police, NPC who retired this week after 54 years (full time and Reserves). I just need to convince him at Bells next Friday to request a leave pass or bring Sandra along with him.
I may be a tad grumpier than usual having also been forcibly retired later this month after 54 years 9 months and 12 days. Last days in uniform this week. Seems to me a good reason for a drink.
What time do we meet at City Extra for breakfast?

22nd MOBI Intake
January, 1967 Still serving reservist
Nirimbax4, Leeuwin, Penguin, Vendetta, Brisbane, Cerberus, Stalwart, FOCAF Staff, Sydney, Melbourne, Yarra, Anzac, Swan,Vampire, Kimbla, Kuttabul.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
\:D/ Thanks for the 'heads-up' and confirmation that you'll be attending, Mobes, and your mate Bill Bowley is more than welcome too, just come back and confirm when he does... :happy:
:eating: Breakfast :drink eat: at City Extra at the usual starting time of 0930...

:-k I've decided I'll revisit my little MOBI/ Minion friends :bob dark: in the blue bib 'n' brace overies :bob dark: Just ignore the '2020' in the animation below, I'm recycling it for 2021...! :yess:

:bob dark: :bob dark: :bob dark: :bob dark: Image :bob dark: :bob dark: :bob dark: :bob dark:

:hi: (BTW, I've also brought the following important message :evil3: forward from the previous page to ensure it stays front of mind for intending Attendees...) :down:

Attn: Attendees, :3some: I've been asked to confirm our numbers for breakfast (City Extra,) and lunch (The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel,) so I'll need to firm up our Attendees List :evil3: from my earlier posts... :laughing3:

=; This year's 18th 2021 Annual RAN SH Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey Attendees will have an additional Covid sign imposition to contend with, but I'm sure it's nothing a bunch of :salute1: MOBI-trained
party :drink 42: animals :partyman: can't cope with standing on their heads... :yess:

Of course, the imposition I'm referring to is that before you order that eagerly anticipated :wine: drink :tchin: in each pub, :ouzo: you'll be required to do a QR Scan/ Vaccination Certificate Check-In... :mobile:

Whilst I'm assuming that none of us will have baulked at a couple of jabs in the arm for a nanosecond [-( to assure your social freedoms, I'm wondering how just many of our intending Attendees :3some: have added
their virtual Vaccination Certificate :evil3: to their Services NSW phone app :phone: to facilitate a smooth, single check-in exercise...? :dontknow:

Some weeks back, in anticipation that everybody would eventually need some form of inoculation evidence :evil3: as we approached easing lockdown restrictions, I invested the time to download and activate my
Express Plus Medicare App, which provided me with my Digital Vaccination Certificate, which I then added to my Google G Pay Digital Wallet on my phone, where I knew I could access it quickly and easily
when called upon to flash it... :happy:
However, I'm happy to say \:D/ that Services NSW (and Services Victoria,) have taken the process one step further by upgraded their (by now) familiar Covid sign QR Code Check-In so that upon scanning a pub's
QR Code now, the app will also show your Vaccination Status, making for a smooth and speedy check-in at each pub...
Now I know of at least one of our Attendees has set up his Vaccination Certificate :evil3: as a screen saver on his mobile, ten points for initiative, but that is still going to cost him precious drinking time :snap:
as he clumsily fumbles to access multiple screens each pub he gets to... [-( (Don't worry, I'll be working with him to help him upgrade his Services NSW app before the big event...!) :happy:

=; As luck would have it, today I stumbled over an article in Sydney's Time Out :puter: which gives an excellent step-by-step on how to access your Express Plus Medicare App and your Digital Vaccination
Certificate
:evil3: and add it to your Services NSW/ Services Victoria Covid sign Check-In app... So if you're interested, :type: here's how to add your new vaccine passport to your Service NSW check-in app...

N.B. As the article states: :evil3: "Be warned, the process is pretty laborious with multiple steps requiring you to log in to either your MyGov, Medicare, and/ or Service NSW app, so make sure you have a bit of
time free before getting into the weeds of what we found to be a somewhat ponderous system."
=; However, as it's in preparation for an historic multi-venue pub crawl, your time invested will be well rewarded...!

=; In the meantime, I've completed the final draft of an updated Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey 3D Mud Map... :evil3:
:-k It reflects a few venue updates/ venue name changes, such as the starting point of City Extra, (it was Jackson's on George,) the addition of The Argyle, and a name change
to the Munich Bauhaus (formally the Lowenbrau Keller). I may make further enhancements and artistic tweaks, but the route is now firmed up... :drink 42: Enjoy... :ouzo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Hi Rick,

Polly, Steve, Ellen and I will be right for breakfast and lunch, please include us.

Ellen and I have added the Covid certification to our Service NSW app, we may need to give Shepherd a hand though. :haha: :happy2:

See you and all the troops soon.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

:shithot: That's excellent, Neddley...! :woohoo:
......................... ...And well done Ellen :love1: for having the patience :yess: to set up both yours :happy1: and Ned's Services NSW app... :=D>: :yea: :finga: :badgrin: :lol1: :badgrin: :happy2: :haha:

NSW is opening up so fast, :omg1: thanks to our new Premier, Dominic Perrottet Image that he has all our heads spinning, :rolleyes: leaving no room for excuses [-(
for anybody [-X NOT fronting up for our 2021 18th Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey...!!! :yess:

:yea: AND JUST RE-RE-CONFIRMING THIS YEAR'S DATE CHANGES: :evil3: NOW FRIDAY, 12th NOVEMBER, to SUNDAY, 14th NOVEMBER. :yea:

=; I WAS ANTICIPATING MAKING A FINAL CALL ON WHETHER WE CANCEL, OR POSTPONE THIS YEAR'S EVENT AT THE END OF OCTOBER... :happy:

HOWEVER, WITH THE CURRENT RAPID EVAPORATION OF Covid sign RESTRICTIONS, :yess: I CAN
CONFIDENTLY SAY THAT WE WILL DEFINITELY BE PROCEEDING WITH THE EVENT...
:woohoo:
Covid sign Border Closures as they now stand, will impact on intending interstate Attendees, but I'm sure Regional NSW :hello2: will be open to join Sydney-siders by 12th Nov. :3some:

So as it currently stands, here's the latest revised List... :evil3: indicating those that have recently confirmed they'll be unaffected by Covid sign LGA/ border and/ or travel restrictions...

................................................................. :bob dark: And to get the ball rolling, again...
..................................................................CONFIRMED Attendees :evil3: are now:

.................................................................. :happy: Rick (Hippy Chippy) Pengilly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: John (Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Ellen (Mrs Chippy Ned) Kelly \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Steve (Shep) Sheperd \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Polly (Mrs Shep) Sheperd \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Pete (Red) Williamson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Helen (Mrs Red) Williamson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Denise (Mrs Bruce) Cocks \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Brian (Charlie) Staples \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Illy (Mrs Charlie) Staples \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Mark (Mobes) Mobley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Col (Pussasan) Kelson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Wal (Midge) Midgley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Brian (Stroppy Chippie) Mackenzie
\:D/

.................................................................. Anticipated Attendees (waiting to be confirmed...)

.................................................................. :happy: Bill (Bowles) Bowley \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Dave (Maxi) Maxwell \:D/

..................................................................Possibly May- :bee: Attendees: (TBA)

.................................................................. :happy: Ian (Fritz) Hansen \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Kaylene (Mrs Fritz) Hansen \:D/

.................................................................. Non-Attendees/ Apologies

.................................................................. :happy: Chris (SeeJay) O'Keefe \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Mike (Pony) Moore \:D/ (Sadly, the date change excluded Pony...)
.................................................................. :happy: Gordon (Gordo) Robinson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Sandy (Mrs Gordo) Robinson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Rob (Tafmo) King \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Rhonda (Patience) King \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Howard (Hendo) Henderson \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Graeme (Smiley) Rhodes \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: John (Viv) McLeod \:D/
.................................................................. :happy: Dave (Bunny) Warren \:D/ (See post below...)
.................................................................. :happy: Verna (Toots) Mackenzie \:D/

Anticipating an eager/ thirsty response from a bunch of deprived Pub :drink 42: Crawlers, I've booked the :type: City Extra Restaurant Circular Quay for 20+ for breakfast :drink eat:
and I've also just booked into :type: The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel for 20+ for lunch... :drink eat: Just waiting on responses from those on the Anticipated/ Maybe Attendees lists :evil3:
before I pare the dining bookings back, if needed...

P.S. Col (Pussasan) Kelson has agreed to head up the festivities for Friday's :tchin: 'Basin Trials' :ouzo: in Woolloomooloo and will be in attendance at Bells Hotel from 1400...
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR COL'S UPDATES...! :evil3:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

:bugger: Jeeeeezus... the lengths some people will go to to get out of a pub crawl through The Rocks... :roll: Our good mate Dave Warren sent me a text today, :evil3: apologising for not being able to participate
in this year's :3some: get-together :tchin: as he's laid up in North Shore Private Hospital #-o with TWO broken legs...!!! :omg1: What sort of lame-arsed excuse is that, FFS, I ask you...??? :dontknow: :sheeesh:
It seems he slipped off a ladder :poke: whilst checking out a few loose roof tiles, nearly made it to the roof, I'm told...!!! :yess: When will he learn he's no longer 19 :old: and bullet-proof...!!! :snap:

:3some: We all wish you a speedy recovery li'l Buddy, :goodman: your smiling face will be sadly missed at this year's event... :tear: (Of course, you could always front up for :drink eat: lunch :tchin: on crutches...!) :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:30 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
Hang on, it's called a pub crawl isn't it, not a walk??
Just sayin'!!

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmmm... :-k I hadn't considered that, Smiley... Image ...and you're quite right... :happy:

...and following my input, the nurses have hooked him up to an 'Ouzo 12' drip, so as soon as they get past his smelly feet, :drunken: they'll encase 'em in plaster and pack him off to us for the pub crawl...!!! :tchin:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:51 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Melbourne
His bed should have wheels and brakes fitted, you just need a few fit people to push him around the rocks. ask the nurses for a piss tube to be fitted and invite the better looking for the ride.

Jan 73 to Jan 94
Nirimba, Duchess, Kuttabul, Stalwart, Leeuwin, Stirling, Vampire, Stirling, Waratah, Adelaide, Platypus, Adelaide, Sydney, Platypus, Adelaide, Cairns, Melbourne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:10 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Bruce D wrote:
His bed should have wheels and brakes fitted, you just need a few fit people to push him around the rocks. ask the nurses for a piss tube to be fitted and invite the better looking for the ride.

"you just need a few fit people to push him around the rocks". .....................and there goes the idea :happy2:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Hey Brian, :hi: when are you and Toots :love1: going to confirm your intending attendance...???? :dontknow: :sheeesh:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next