Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:26 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
State: NSW
We have been tardy, I will admit. Will let you know soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:44 pm 
Div. Officer

Rick, I will be able to attend the Run but, sadly, 'Toots' will not be attending this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Toots' :love1: will be missed, and I've added you :left: to the 'Confirmed' List... :evil3: Thanks Brian... :happy:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

mobes wrote:
Rick,
I may have another starter. CPONPC Bill Bowley - ex RP, NAMAE, Naval Police, NPC who retired this week after 54 years (full time and Reserves). I just need to convince him at Bells next Friday to request a leave pass or bring Sandra along with him.
I may be a tad grumpier than usual having also been forcibly retired later this month after 54 years 9 months and 12 days. Last days in uniform this week. Seems to me a good reason for a drink.
What time do we meet at City Extra for breakfast?

=; By now, our newest retirees :old1: :old1: will no doubt be two sheets :partyman: to the wind, :tchin: we look forward to catching up with 'em both on the Rocks Run... :happy:
................................................... Image
....................................This pic's from Bill's Facebook page... :up: The one below, :down: just uploaded from Bells 2 minutes ago...!!! :omg1:

................................. Image

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Greetings one and all. On the Friday, I anticipate being at the bells from about 1430 after checking into lodgings. For those that don't have it, and need to track us down, my mobile number is 0407 231 871. See you there.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Late last week I sent off two e-mails :evil3: confirming bookings for both 'City Extra' Restaurant - Circular Quay and 'The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel' in The Rocks for breakfast and lunch bookings respectively for
Saturday 13th November, optimistically for 16, to a possible :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: :drink eat: 18 participants...

:happy: I got a friendly confirmation back from Manager Steven Duff of 'City Extra', :yess: and the following response :snap: from Sonia Ros, Restaurant and Function Manager of 'The Lord Nelson'... :puter:
...................................... :angry9: Image :swear1: :shit:
............................................. =; Yeah, yeah, I know... :bugger: ...once again [-( I've gotta sort Sonia out with Bar Manager Martin Longhurst... #-o :sheeesh: :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

:happy: Finally got hold of Marty, The Lord Nelson's Bar Manager, :laughing3: who, in anticipation of my call, had already instructed Sonia, Restaurant and Function Manager to drop the credit card issue :roll: for us... :yess:

Marty also told me that The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel is on the market, :omg1: just in case any of us had a few million $$ tucked away, and after 40 years in the job, he'll be ready to chuck in the towel then too...

............................. =; So, now that our lunch booking is secured (again), :roll: I thought I'd save everybody any delay in ordering their scran :drink eat: by posting their current bar menu... :evil3:
................... Image
................................................... :type: Click :arrow: HERE if you also wish to peruse the :drink eat: City Extra Restaurant 'Broadsheet' :news: Breakfast Menu... :evil3:
................................................ Image
............................................What to expect... :arrow: Image :evil3: Covid sign

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:28 pm 
Div. Officer

Just saw that the Lord Nelson previously sold for $750K in 1986 and they expect around $35 million this time. Cheap, the Vineyard Hotel (AKA Tormaline Hotel on Windsor Road Vineyard) just sold for $70 million.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

=; Been a long time between drinks, :drink 42: in our case, just a tad over 2 years, :tchin: but by this time next week, we'll be settling into a few relaxed convivials in the The Orient's beer garden :partyman:
to celebrate the final pub of the :tchin: :ouzo: :drink 29: :drinkers: 18th Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Xmas Pub Crawl Smokey...!! :wine: :occasion5: :cocktail: :drink 42: :partyman: :yess:

.................................. :wav: I'm looking forward to seeing :3some: all your old familiar faces...! :wav:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:16 am 
Site Admin

=; This time tomorrow, I'll be getting ready to drive :driving: down to 'The Big Smoke', to join Col's Crew for a few convivials :tchin: down at....

Image See you at Bells...! :ouzo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next