Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
:D :D :D The Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Brisbane Smokey :D :D :D

Well Gang, it's all happening..! The opportunity has presented itself for Ned and I to both be in the same place at the same time... this time in beautiful, sunny Brisbane, so we've decided that we'd love to catch up with you local Brisbane Members the day after our 13th MOBI Intake's week-long reunion on the Gold Coast...! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Unless you guys can come up with a better venue in the next three days, we've decided that the beer garden at the historic Breakfast Creek Hotel holds fond memories for most people, so we'll both be there from noon, Sunday 30th May...!!! :wink:

http://www.4bc.com.au/sites/4bc/Default.asp?Page=204

(As bookings are essential at 'The Creek', I've tentatively booked for 20, but would appreciate a Roll Call of starters ASAP so I can firm up numbers for our booking closer to the day...)

Whilst we haven't yet done a quick check of our ‘500-plus Membership’ on RAN Skilled Hands to determine how many of you live within 'cooee' of Brisbane, I'm sure that there are more than 50 'local' Members living within a half hour’s drive of the venue, and as both Ned and I, your user-friendly Webmasters, are going to be in town, (travelling from St. Georges Basin and Neutral Bay respectively,) we'd be stoked to put faces to names of you Brisbane Members and of course, many of our old ex-shipmates… :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is a great opportunity to get out of your bungalows, catch up with old friends, make many new ones, swap a few warries, lots of laughs, and a coldie or two over a late lunch and a leisurely afternoon amongst friends. :D

As Ned and I will be staying overnight, because it’s not that often that we’re going to have such a great reason for coming up to ‘the Sunshine State’, so we’ll be making the most of it...! 8)

Please don’t put off your attendance at this inaugural event, thinking you won’t be missed, we’d really love to catch up with you, and show you our appreciation for choosing to become Members of RAN Skilled Hands:D

P.S. Also, at great personal expense to Ned and I, every Member who attends will
be sent a full-colour, glossy 'Certificate of Attendance', personnally signed by
Ned and myself, as we did with...
'The Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Pub Crawl'
'The Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands W.A. Smokey' and
'The 2nd RAN Skilled Hands Darling Harbour Smokey'
... a work of art, a true collector's item, readily frameable to take pride of place,
gracing the walls of any office or den...!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

P.S. For those of you on the Gold Coast, who'd rather catch up with us there, the 13th MOBI Intake is having a BYO-BBQ on Saturday 22nd May in the Broadbeach area, and if you're interested in catching up with Ned and I at that event as opposed to Brisbane, please e-mail or PM us in the next three days, i.e., before Wednesday the 19th May, so we can get an idea of numbers and can advise you of the exact location... Gold Goast residents will be eligible for Gold Coast Certificates of Attendance as well...!!! :shock:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:12 am 
Site Admin

Hmmm... :? Obviously they can't hear you Coral...! :cry: Bit louder perhaps...? :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:56 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Patience Tricky, the troops have been tied up over the weekend. 8) 8)

I anticipate quite a few responses in the next few days. :shock: :shock:

Who would want to pass up a chance to have a convivial with the two best looking Chippy's on the East coast. :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:03 am 
Site Admin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:24 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Gee, it's on the on the other side of Brisbane, but it a good reason to go to the 'Brekkie' for lunch. See you there.

July 73, 3rd Muppet, 35th Nirimba
1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

That's my Ford FPV Cobra GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Gee, I forgot how BIG Brisbane was Spud, perhaps we'd better hold TWO...!!! :shock:

Just kidding, be great to have you... Besides, I've already done up your 'certificate'... :D

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:10 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Also I will bring my lady friend with me that Sunday. I think she will be thrilled as I keep saying the steaks at the brekkie are the best in town. They better be or I wont live this down with her. As she says the Railway Hotel at Beaudesert is the best steak meal she has had so far?

1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:04 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Well Coral we have eaten at the following: Greenbank RSL, Lone star (Browns plains), Jimboomba Hotel, Beeleigh sports club, Parkridge Hotel, PlowInn Hotel (southbank Brisbane), Marsden Hotel, Pineapple Hotel (Woolangabba), Twin Town RSL, Coolangatta Hotel, Calamvale Hotel, Bearded Drogan Hotel (Tamborine), Redland Bay Hotel......This is just to name a few here in S.E Qld where she has eaten steaks. Now I hope I get take her to the best Coral, at the brekkie :D .

As I said before the Railway Hotel is the best and I agree, No 2 is now the Plow Inn, then No 3 is Jimboomba.

Now with the above list these are local only, I could put down places in Sydney and Wollongong as well. Even with these other places added the Railways hotel still comes out tops. :D :D :D :D

1973 to 1985,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:34 am 
Site Admin

Spud, it always astounds me that every time we announce a new RAN Skilled Hands Smokey, everyone assumes that they should come solo... :shock: (that just happens to be my current status...) Partners are more than welcome... :D (Just beware of white ants...) :roll: :roll: :roll:

I suspect that a number of Members tell their spouses that it's a solo event so they can get out 'with the Boys'... :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:45 am 
Site Admin

So what's happening with our Brisbane Members...??? :shock:

Does Queensland shut up shop when the cooler weather starts...??? :cry:

So far we've only got FOUR starters for our Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Brisbane Smokey, Coral, Spud, Ned and I... :?

And we were told that you Queenslanders liked to 'party'...??? :partyman:

Hopefully we'll collect a few more names as the week progresses, so we'll check in again as soon as we find a local Internet Cafe, after we all check in at the Resort tomorrow.. :?

C'mon Gang, these get togethers are a real 'hoot', just ask anyone who's attended one...!!!:shock:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next