Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:44 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Had a enjoyable afternoon at the breakie Creek with Ned and Rick and other members of the skilled hands team. The steaks were good and the company was great. :D Lumpy told some good stories, some with comments about Seejay antics :D.

July 73, 3rd Muppet, 35th Nirimba
1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

That's my Ford FPV Cobra GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Don't believe a word he said, Spud. The man wouldn't lie straight in bed, even when I tied him into it.... er .. oops...

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:51 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
A great day was had by all... :partyman:

Now recovering at my Sister's (warmnfuzi to the rest of you, and our newest member...! :roll: ) in their hilltop retreat at Bilambil Heights behind Tweed Heads on the Gold Coast border...

I'll be back in Sydney next Sunday to get stuck into the Attendance Certificates for all of the Gold Coast and Brisbane Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Smokeys, as well as sorting through the 1.3 gigabytes of photos taken by all and sundry after both events... :shock:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:22 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Shrewsbury
State: Massachusetts
What's this Rick? All N' Sundry from CJ's stories, was your official Smokey photographer? And here I have been thinking all along that he was a figment of someone's over active imagination. #-o

Glad to hear that you all had a great time. Can't wait for the pictures to be posted.

Enlisted USMC 3 March 1972 on delayed entry. Active duty 17 June 1972. Due to a Reduction In Force as the Vietnam War wound down, discharged for a minor medical problem , 23 July 1972.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:38 am 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
Don and I really enjoyed your BBQ on the Gold Coast, and thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome. :P Nice to put faces to some of the names I have heard Rick talk about over the years - and to meet others who knew the same goss about him that I did....!

The 'hippy chippy with the golden holden' was so proud of his 'chick magnet' way back then. I only got to see the photos after he had totalled it. :-({|= (Still trying to acquire all manner of 'chick magnets' even today. Poor lad! Thank the Lord, his taste's now Ford).

Don't know about you guys, but I just want his magic mirror :^o (..the one that lets him think he's still 19, bulletproof and has him thinking he still looks so..o..o good!). \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:11 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
People on sunday at the Brisbane smokey I had the opportunity to purchase the book "Voyages to VIETNAM" . The pictures in this book are excellent. If anyone would like one just use the information that Rick and Ned have posted on here on how to purchase this fine book.

July 73, 3rd Muppet, 35th Nirimba
1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

That's my Ford FPV Cobra GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:03 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Jan,

You're obviously the very attractive lady on the left of your avatar, but who the hell is that old codger in the photo with you? :rolleyes:

We're looking forward to some embarrassing stories about Rick :oops: :oops: . I'm sure you've got a few - we'd love to hear them.

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:07 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
OK Ned's back from leave, so it's time I gave you all the true stories about the Brisbane smokey. :^o :^o

Rick and I were a little dissapointed with the roll up, but despite that we all had a very pleasant day. :partyman:

Ron Preddy (Spud), his lady, Anna, along with Paul Scott and his wife Merril exuded culture and goodwill. O:)

Peter Hall rode his motor bike down from Mooloolabar so he stayed sober and joined the culture and goodwill crowd. O:)

Pete Cottam(Lumpy) kept everyone amused relating numerous funny stories about his Naval Career and his lovely wife Desley talked my head off. :lol:

Rick and I had a terrific time and we were dissapointed when Pete, Paul, Ron and their families had to head off. :cry: :oops:

That left Desley and Lumpy. :!: :!:

Lumpy decided it was time for a glass or 40 of red wine, this of course got me a bit interested, so I joined him. :drinkers:

I must admit the reds were sliding down very easily and there was much merriment until CJ's "steppin oppo" pulled a typical RP's trick (sorry Wayne) and knocked his glass over. :axe:

Poor Desley was talked out and figured it was time to pour Lumpy into the car...........WELL..........Guess who had had enough red wine to think he was the boss :?: :?: Quote.....I'm having another red before I go......this happened three times before Desley's patience ran out and she informed "The Handler" that she was really the boss. :evil: :evil:

So began the evolution of getting Lumpy from the beer garden, to and into the car. ](*,) This was achieved with a great amount of difficulty with Lumpy protesting all the way that he really could drink a Chippy under the table. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As Rick and I waved goodbye Desley could be seen giving him a piece of her mind :oops: :oops:

Your fearless webmasters looked at each other, laughed and sauntered back into the bar for another 10 or 15 drinks, to cap off another successful day. :supz: :finga:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Have to agree with everything Ned has said about the Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Brisbane Smokey... and I've got the pictures to prove it...! :shock:

I'll be posting some of the photos taken on Monday night, in The RAN SH Main Photo Gallery, but in the mean time, in support of Ned's observations, these photos of Pete 'Lumpy' Cottam will go a little way to show what his lovely wife Desley has to put up with... :roll:

I think this was either 'Lumpy's shout, or the rest of those present trying to get
him to go home...!!! :partyman:

Obviously we weren't successful in our efforts to bundle him off as night fell, so
we stayed for 'The Lumpy Late Late Show'... (as the screen suggests...!) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Full collection of photos coming shortly...! :D

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:42 am 
Site Admin

But of course we're forgetting that, before the Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Brisbane Smokey, we had the Inaugural RAN Skilled Hands Gold Coast Smokey... :shock:

This event happen to coincide with the 13th MOBI Intake's 42nd Reunion held at the Diamond Cove Resort in Mermaid Beach on Queensland's Sunny Gold Coast...

Pictured below are some of the RAN Skilled Hands Members who enjoyed a great BBQ and copious refreshments around the resort's lush pool... :partyman:

Participant RAN SH Members are from left to right:

Bob 'Geordie' Moult, Rick 'Hippy Chippy' Pengilly (Webmaster), Terry Gunton, Gary 'Tassie' Coulson, Barrie 'Bazza' Robinson, Greg 'Shang' Moffitt, Doug 'Mick' Bluhdorn, Paul 'Scotty' Scott, Coral 'CeeVeeDee' Donnelly, Pete 'P.J.' Hall, John 'Chippy Ned' Kelly (Webmaster), Frank 'Eastie-1' Eastwell, and Stan 'Moose' Sheldon...

Full photo upload of our week-long 13th MOBI Intake Reunion coming soon to The RAN SH Main Photo Gallery...! :D

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next