Google Search
Google

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:40 am 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Ned,
From the private report I received I note that your absence was APPRECIATED ??? by those who attended.

One of these days when I am able to shake this Nebuliser routine that I am presently on I might be able to get to one of the get togethers I hope.

Ken,
Good to see that you were able to get there. BTW Ack your PM.

Regards Col N

June 1951/Dec 1963 Ships. "Australia" II, "Tobruk I", "Sydney III", "Anzac II", "Yarra III".............Depots. "Cerberus"x2, "Tarangau", "Penguin", "Lonsdale".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:05 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Well even with our small attendance, the get together was really good. I can just imagine what it would be like if there were lots more. The drinks started off slow, then as we all got to chatting the drinks just kept coming. :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :supz: :occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9: :wav: :wav: :wav:

I stayed at the Hotel where we met. Which was a plus, I could have as many drinks I could have with out having to ride.

July 73, 3rd Muppet, 35th Nirimba
1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

That's my Ford FPV Cobra GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:27 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Sorry for the late report folks, but I thought it would be much quicker if I waited 'til I got back home to upload the photos and post my report...

Well I now know where 'Wallaby Bob's Hotel' is... :-k certainly ain't 'The Establishment', #-o but the company more than amply compensated for the basic surrounds... actually I believe it's one of the truly historic pubs of Southern Queensland...

With appologies from CeeVeeDee (Coral) , by the time I arrived, Terry and Lorraine Gunton had already settled in... :goodman:

...along with Lorraine's bubbly Mum Beryl and her companion, charmer Darrel... =;

...however I soon realised that Ken Chilvers (Bilko) was already there as well... :-k

...and then when I went inside to order some fuel, I found Ron Preddy (Spud) and his girlfriend Anna was there ahead of me as well... #-o

I guess by this time you're all thinking that as I was the only one who'd travelled from NSW into Queensland, who haven't yet figured out how to apply Daylight Saving, it had to be me, right...?

Doesn't matter I figured, why worry, be happy...!!! \:D/

All in all, a great little gathering, and we found no difficulty filling four hours of tall tales and warries, drinkies and great tucker (that you couldn't jump over...) #-o

Bilko had some great stories of his submariner days, Terry, Ken and Spud obviously oblivious to the fact that there was a Chippy in their otherwise all Engineering company... :partyman:

Really appreciated that everybody made the effort to take time out of their Festive :bigsmurf: Season to get together... :finga:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:16 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Great photos Rick,

It's becoming obvious from the various smokies that the engineering personnel appear to be in much better physical shape and look much younger that the other branches.

This is probably because all engineers would exercise (work) before eating and drinking compared to Chippies & Greenies!

I must say that Terry Gunton looks somewhat different out of overalls!

and Spud, I'm sure Anna is a lovely young girl but you should try to find someone in your own age group. Someone who will understand the stigmas associated with old farts such as yourself!! :p

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:20 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
Gee thanks Brian, I have to tell Anna you think she is too young for me. Actually she is only 5 years younger than me.

1973 to 1985,
Nirimba, Melbourne, Albatross (MT compound), Kuttabul (FMP), Derwent, Leeuwin (Broken leg/boats W/Shop), Derwent, Torrens and Darwin Naval Base (main machine shop).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:26 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
As per what Rick said, we were all there early, that is typical for us to be punctual it just our nature having to watchkeep all those years. But then who should actually turn up late???? Then the excuse of blaming daylight savings Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm who are you trying to convince. [-X [-X [-X :-k :axe: But then you did make up for that by having plenty of :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :partyman: :drinkers: :partyman: :finga: with us finer gentlemen from the elite branch of the navy. Oops did I say that ................................... :finga: :supz:

1973 to 1985,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:18 am 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
Dear all,

It was a great day, the Walaby has a terrific heritage, Beryl (nick name Mardi and Daryl) who are both in their 80's had visited this fine place many moons ago, and when we took them there this time, they both felt like it was yesterday.

Both Mardi ad Daryl train greyhounds, and travel around New South Wales and Queensland in a little toyota campervan, pulling over on the side of the road, when they get tired or just like that area, really remarkable people.

Brian, the overalls now only come out, when we steam up the little steam engines, 7 and one quarter inch live steam, 25 litre boilers, burning coal, at 100 psi, even get cinders in the eyes, might see if I can post a piccie or two, ah, " steams a dream"

Anyway, great to see those who did attend Ken, Ron, Anna and of course, our indefatigable Rick, who never ceases to amaze me with his energy for getting around and also organising these meetings.

A great time was had by all, and all had a great time.

Thank you Rick

13th MOBI Intake
July 62-July 82
Nirimba, Melbourne, Sydney, Creswell, Stuart, Cerberus, Derwent, Albatross, Vendetta, Melbourne, Atbatross, Fleet HQ, Fleet Maintenance, Civvy Street, Retired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Always a pleasure Terry... :partyman: Just travelling a little slower after my fun packed trip to Adelaide... :-k

http://www.ran-skilledhands.org/forum/v ... 5943#15943

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4