Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:41 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Methinks it might have been mixing the butterscotch schnappes and baileys
with all the ouyzo and cokes, but dragging myself to the keyboard was just
not an option this morning... :type:

:drunken: Another ripper day, but like Ned... full report later this evening... :evil3:

One of the many observations of the day was that the more pubs you got to,
the more your ability to read clearly was severely impaired...! :glasses7:

(Dunno what the problem was, we only barely took up the space of a Subaru WRX,
and I thought we'd get a medal if there was one less Leb WRX in The Rocks...!!!)
:-k

If you had other photos of the day, e-mail them to me full size so I can add
them to the album I'll be creating tonight... :thumbright:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:12 am 
Site Admin

You know you're doing well when you develop a following Buck...!

3rd Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey
have now been posted, :partyman: 35 of them so far... :thumbright:

Henry Schubert and Honorary MOBI Simone at the Orient...

Photos compliments of Buck, Ned and me...! (More to come..?) :-k

You can view them all here: :type:

http://www.ran-skilledhands.org/photoga ... p?album=69

(Click on each photo to enlarge...)

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:44 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Shrewsbury
State: Massachusetts
Looks like you all had a great time. Makes me wish I was there with you.

Enlisted USMC 3 March 1972 on delayed entry. Active duty 17 June 1972. Due to a Reduction In Force as the Vietnam War wound down, discharged for a minor medical problem , 23 July 1972.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:02 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Well what a top weekend. Things started off with a 'great basin trial' on friday night at the Frisco with my old school mate Steve Shepherd (Shep).This was a great rehearsal for satuday, what with a couple of old farts meeting the current generation navy, and spinning the odd dit or two, and sinking the odd cleansing ale.
Saturday morning dawned, and one was a wee bit fragile, but managed to be a the meeting point on time. By starting time we had a korum, but no navigator. Ned was lost allready, we were about to call out the Police Rescue Squad & SES to go search for him. He finally arrived and off we went to the first and then second pubs on list to find them both shut. Please explain???
Finally found an oasis, and the fun commenced. In the merry throng was Henry Schubert, Jim Raymond & Vern Lockenhoff, 3 fellow 'term ites' from the 17th intake. Have not seen Henry for the best part of the last 2-3 decades, & Jim about twice in that time. A great catch up.
Mark Mobley made this run, and he must have the most diverse career for an ex MOBI, (MOBI, JR, writer, CPONPC). We have been known to get into trouble on the odd occasion over an ale, so we had a good catch up as well.
Then there were the usual odd bods, Charlie trying to teach Ned how to read the map again (upside down). Rick being Mr suave, and the rest just having a bloody great time.
Saturday really proved the difference in cultures between my two former lives. The coppers say "There's nothing so ex as an ex". The run proved the last two lines on Ricks shirt was so true, 'Once a MOBI, allways a MOBI". It was like a regathering of family.
Dare I say, the best run I have been on in many a moon, and the glamour & class was certainly enhanced by having the lovely Simone along for company.
Have sent off a swag of photos to Rick so he can add them to the gallery if he chooses.
Cheers.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:05 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Hey troops, it's about time I added my bit to the transcripts. :finga:

In my opinion this was definitely the best "run" we've had. This statement is no slight on the great guys that have attended the pub crawl in the past, more the fact that we had a slightly larger attendance, ran into a mob of drunks from the Gold Coast at the first pub and were blessed with the company of the lovely Simone. :heart: :heart:

You will probably hear heaps of lies about my navigating skills in future posts, but let me assure you that we didn't even look like missing a pub (as a matter of fact we visited one twice) :supz: :supz:

I was extremely disappointed in the guys that were there, as they didn't treat me with the respect that a Webmaster deserves. :tear: :upy: I suppose I couldn't expect too much, as they all seemed to be brain dead on the day. :knob: :blah5: :bs:

As usual, I was the only one that remained sober. I left the Orient at around 1930 (7.30PM for the Tiffy's and Greenies), because the conversation was drunken, slurring and obviously beneath me. :withstupid: :angel5:

All frivolity aside, I must tell everyone that this particular run is so good, that it's pretty close to the runs we had when we were in our early 20's and were bulletproof. =; :rocket: - Don't miss the next one. :finga:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:27 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
You can't really blame Ned, Buck. As soon as we wanted someone to lead us around everyone wanted to do it - which is typical of a bunch of old retired sailors.

I had a lot of great laughs on the day at everyone's antics, but unfortunately I had a few hurried trips to the heads as well in most of the pubs we visited, and eventually had to go have a Cuppa tea, a Bex and a good lie down.

Would love to have been there to the very end, though.

Simone, my apologies to you for the 'rabbits ears' sign behind your head in one of the photos, but the opportunity was far too tempting to resist! :finga: :finga: :finga:

Cheers

CJ

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:35 am 
Site Admin

Seejay wrote:
Simone, my apologies to you for the 'rabbits ears' sign behind your head in one of the photos, but the opportunity was far too tempting to resist! :finga: :finga: :finga:

Cheers CJ

You sneaky little bugger Chris, [-X I hadn't even noticed that...! #-o

Mind you, there was a bit of that going on during the day, eh Charlie...? :supz:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Just uploaded another 15 photos from Col 'Pussasan' Kelson taken on the day...! Thanks Col... :finga:

http://www.ran-skilledhands.org/photoga ... p?album=69

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:36 am 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
Well you guys - where do I begin?!....

Just wanted to say that I am overwhelmed by everyone's gracious welcoming of my company on Saturday. I had a ball and it was great to be a part of the "brotherhood" for the day.

After many a conversation with Rick, particularly regarding bringing the yacht "home" - how could I not in some way feel a part of the pride and excitement.

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's company..yes, the Tequila's certainly helped, but must say that you can count me in for the next bash!!

Chris, you're forgiven, didn't even notice - cheeky lad..

And Ned, yes I love you too!! (That evil red wine eh?!).. :snakeman:

Thanks again guys - you're all seasoned campaigners, that's for sure!!

x

Survivor of the Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl 2005...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Simone, after welcoming you to our 3rd Annual RAN Skilled Hands Sydney Rocks Christmas Pub Crawl Smokey :partyman: let me also extend a warm :heart: welcome to our RAN Skilled Hands Forum/ Website...
:evil3: And congratulations on your :type: first post Princess...! :love1:

Simone and I work together and she has been the only person I felt confident enough in (amongst our dour #-o fellow workers,) to share the roller coaster ride we've experienced in bringing the MOBI Yacht 'Nirimba' home... \:D/
Simone has been extremely supportive of my efforts and frustrations, sharing every high \:D/ and every set-back :violent1: that hit me along the way to getting to where we are today...! :sunny:

As she already felt she knew most of the key players, both in the yacht project and on RAN Skilled Hands from our frequent conversations, it was a logical inevitability that Simone should be invited to meet 'the boys' in person... (some of whom she'd met at RANSA when we brought 'Nirimba' home a week before...)
:wav: :love1: :wav:

I've gotta mention that Simone proved beyond doubt that she is indeed one of the boys, :3some: she matched me drink for drink, :partyman: even slipping a couple of 'shooters' :drinkers: in when the boys were slow in finishing off their drinks...! :occasion5:

:prayer: Welcome aboard (at #-o last) Simone...!!! :supz:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next