Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do you find this Forum easier to use than others you've posted on...?
MUCH, MUCH easier...! 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
A FAIR BIT easier...! 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
Well..... easier...! 43%  43%  [ 21 ]
BLOODY HARD...! 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
INCOMPREHENSIBLE...! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 49
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Ken, the first Silent Service has reached it's max number of pages, and has been replaced by Silent Service II.

Cheers

CJ

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:18 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
Moved from Oberons to Collins. :supz:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:44 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Boy, you are getting around tonight, aren't you Tafmo...! :axe:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:56 am 
Div. Officer

I'm taking the week off to recover from last weekend, so I've got a bit of spare time to read through some of the posts again.

Be afraid guys; be very afraid. :twisted: :butthead: :finga:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:40 am 
Div. Officer

Rick,

It might be useful moving some of the 'story' topics like Chippy Intoitition, Lumpy and Petals, Once Upon a Time in the South etc, to the Brown Paper Wrapper forum, so they can get the attention they deserve..................... :twisted:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Not a bad suggestion Tafmo... I'll give it a try...! :thumbright:

Yup... It worked...! :finga:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:32 am 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
Ok, trying to put a picture of my new bike onto a post, followed the instructions on page 3 of this topic - no joy. Kittbagg said to save it on the internet, but where? the photo is in my user album, is this sufficient (hasn't worked)

WTFO?

28 June 1985 - 11 Sep 2005
Nirimba-Platypus-Oxley-Platypus-Onslow-Otway-Platypus-Collins-Stirling-Sheean-Defence Recruiting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:53 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Hi Tony,

You can e-mail the pic to me and I will resize it, then add it to your post, using a personal gallery that Rick and I have set up for the purpose.

When you send it, let me know where your post is so I can add it.

My e-mail address is: ned@stgeorgesbasin.com

Cheers.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Another often-asked question arrived in an e-mail to us tonight which I felt would be of general interest to many...

Phasie Peter Freund asked: :-k

I cant seem to find much available info on Phasies passing thru Nirimba. Have you any Phasies class lists, etc :-k

Pete
:dontknow:

I responded with the following: :type:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your enquiry, let me answer it this way for you...

Our original template (and Member registration,) for the forum website didn't call for Members to list their 'Intake' nor did it ask them to identify themselves as a 'MOBI', 'Muppet', 'Phasie' ,'DENS', 'Direct Entry Tradespersons' or 'Mechanicians' as 'required fields', nor did it require Members to give their 'proper' names, therefore it wasn't and isn't possible to search or sort the Memberlist by those criteria. #-o

We do however, request (in the 'Welcome' e-mail you get from Ned when you join,) that Members complete their 'Signatures' in their personal 'Profiles' (via the panel on the left on the forum pages) with their FULL details, which helps mates find mates... :evil3:

By working your way through the Memberlist (again via the panel on the left on the forum pages, and can be sorted by 'alpha' mode) you may also find nicknames or real names that you recognise from your Phasie group. :type:

Over coming months we'll be developing a completely new website, in the latest version of the software we're currently using, which will incorporate the 'required fields' that will facilitate the type of searches you're looking for... \:D/

Finally, the best way of getting your mates out of their respective 'closets' is to post regularly onto the website yourself, this has proved very effective in flushing one's comrades out of the woodwork time and again... :wave:

Hope this helps Peter, see you on the forums...

:thumbright:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:33 am 
Div. Officer

OK Gurus...........................

Once upon a time I used to be able to log in, and the log in program would bring up the first page, with a link in the top right hand corner that showed 'posts since your last visit'. Beautiful......life was good......didn't have to hunt for dates or anything (easy Ned....), all the recent posts you needed to read and perhaps respond to were shown.

Fast forward to the last few months..............I log in as usual, and the members logged in box shows me as logged in, but I get the log in box again. I log in once more, and this time I'm logged in fully, I have the 'posts since your last visit' link come up and life is good.....wrong......I've just been here.....so no recent posts.

Good Catch-22 guys, but what the #%*$ do I do about it to get the useful 'posts since your last visit' link to come up?????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> First time on the NEW Forum Website? START OFF HERE...!  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next