Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Points to ponder..
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
Seejay wrote:
If you happened to watch any of the presidential 'debate' yesterday, you may just come to the conclusion that the USA has a problem.

I watched maybe 5 minutes and couldn't stand any more. With Bucketmouth on one side and Mr. Vague on the other, one wonders who the idiots behind the scenes are up to with their choice of candidates?! I will not be surprised if the Vague corner removes their candidate. :pale:

BC wrote:
I think the "West" is doomed. Our cultures are almost f#%ked, our political systems are now controlled by minorities, social media, media and foreign influences. And common sense and logic is almost non-existent. :banghead:

=; I watched the entire 'debacle'... er... 'debate'... :argue: and most of the commentary from commentators from both sides of the political divide which followed, agreeing with ALL of them... :happy:

:-k As usual and as expected, Trump lied through his teeth, :toothy7: but did so with uncharacteristic poise and remarkable calm... for him, it was a surprisingly controlled performance... :-# :roll:

:omg1: Nobody thought Biden did himself any favours, [-( many expressing concerned pity for him, :goodman: but most commonly: "He only had one objective; to show he wasn't too old for the job... :old:
...which he failed miserably..!"
#-o He missed [-X golden opportunities served up on a platter, while ignoring others completely, #-o not to mention frequently losing the plot altogether... :snap:

Why, oh why, did you push for the debates, Joe, you :faaaarrk: :idjit: :-k I think BC's observations are pretty well spot on, :kenoath: just where the hell does the USA :usa: go from here..?

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Hippy Chippy wrote:
Seejay wrote:
If you happened to watch any of the presidential 'debate' yesterday, you may just come to the conclusion that the USA has a problem.

I watched maybe 5 minutes and couldn't stand any more. With Bucketmouth on one side and Mr. Vague on the other, one wonders who the idiots behind the scenes are up to with their choice of candidates?! I will not be surprised if the Vague corner removes their candidate. :pale:

BC wrote:
I think the "West" is doomed. Our cultures are almost f#%ked, our political systems are now controlled by minorities, social media, media and foreign influences. And common sense and logic is almost non-existent. :banghead:

=; I watched the entire 'debacle'... er... 'debate'... :argue: and most of the commentary from commentators from both sides of the political divide which followed, agreeing with ALL of them... :happy:

:-k As usual and as expected, Trump lied through his teeth, :toothy7: but did so with uncharacteristic poise and remarkable calm... for him, it was a surprisingly controlled performance... :-# :roll:

:omg1: Nobody thought Biden did himself any favours, [-( many expressing concerned pity for him, :goodman: but most commonly: "He only had one objective; to show he wasn't too old for the job... :old:
...which he failed miserably..!"
#-o He missed [-X golden opportunities served up on a platter, while ignoring others completely, #-o not to mention frequently losing the plot altogether... :snap:

Why, oh why, did you push for the debates, Joe, you :faaaarrk: :idjit: :-k I think BC's observations are pretty well spot on, :kenoath: just where the hell does the USA :usa: go from here..?

I honestly believe that, at this point in time, if Biden quits/is removed and he is replaced by any younger and reasonably sensible candidate, then the Democrats will absolutely romp in the US election.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
=; As Biden had painstakingly dragged his approval rating up by the bootstraps over recent months to be in front of Trump, :yess: prior to the debacle/ debate, :omg1: he was on track for a narrow win... :happy:

:-k Methinks the only (albeit, slim) chance for the Democrats to keep Trump from :faaaarrk: ING the USA and the rest of the civilised world, is to change leaders, even at this late stage, someone with a
modicum of charisma :pirate: and :shit: load of energy, :blues: but WHO :dontknow: FFS..??? :confused:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

All the news reports I've seen showed trump considerably in front of Biden with many Republicans intending to vote for the first time as a show of disapproval of the 'Get Trump At All Costs' machine. If the idiot Democrats had just shut their collective mouths and reined in their mudslingers and alarmist media they could have just ignored Trump and let him fade into the past.

But, they just had to keep slanging him and dogging him for the slightest, real or perceived infraction, and by doing so pushed him back into the headlines again. Now, they have to deal with the monster they made.

Karma! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:38 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Seejay wrote:
I honestly believe that, at this point in time, if Biden quits/is removed and he is replaced by any younger and reasonably sensible candidate, then the Democrats will absolutely romp in the US election.

Webmaster's Note: You credited me with that quote :laughing3: BC, but if you scroll back up, you'll notice it was SeeJay, you made an error in editing the quote... (which I've now fixed...) :happy:

I wouldn't be so sure Rick. (s/b SeeJay) Biden's incompetence is being co-ordinated/choreographed by the Dem minders and hierarchy. They are equally responsible for this debacle. The fence sitters can easily see that!

The Dems are in big trouble. Harris is the Vic Pres, but not only is she not liked by a lot of Americans, she is not that liked by the Dems. They are already circling away from her as an alternative!

And she was being groomed to be America's first female Afro-American Pres. More tokenistic than anything. :roll:

I don't like either, but Trump has said, "he's only standing because Biden is standing", and "the damage that Biden has done to America's defence, economy, immigration, culture, international standing etc". Unfortunately, he is probably correct!

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

That was my assessment Brian. :grin:

Still think it's the case but there's an awful lot of fence-sitters at the moment, hence my thoughts about a reasonably sensible candidate. Mind you, I think the same applies if Trump were to pull out or be removed/disqualified, then the Republicans would romp it in.

It will be interesting as to how this all pans out. :usa:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:20 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Amen to that Seejay.

We are right into family history and I have come to realise that I never asked my parents the "right" questions on topics of their time (one of those wishes that comes to nothing). Looking at some of the things my Dad said and knowing (very broadly) the history of the time leading up to WWII, I am beginning to wonder whether we are not witnessing a similar vision that they had (but on a much more witnessed/media influence/media visible period). The one comment Dad made that always comes back was the attitude to Chamberlains "peace in our time" return from the Continent by him and many of those of his time. There was certainly no consideration to a build up of Defence resources that would be 20 years in the future but months (comparative).

What party in the USA is really a party that can maintain a balance?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:59 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
One of the judges in the latest Trump case has come out with a hypothetical scenario if trump becomes Pres again. Saying that Trump could authorise a SEAL team to assassinate someone, and he would have immunity.

Didn't Obama authorise a SEAL team to assassinate Bib Laden and he still has immunity? :-k

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:44 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Waikiki
State: WA
There really is so much coming out of left field now, particularly about who would be suitable replacements for Joe.
Joe certainly should consider withdrawing and just fade off into the sunset.

Jan'65 Leeuwin Intake (10th) - Jan'66 Nirimba Intake (20th)
Jan'65 to Mar '88
Leeuwin, Nirimba, Stalwart, Samarai, Lae, Penguin, Curlew, Buccaneer, Navy Office, Barbette, Cairns, RANTTU (based in Port Moresby), Stirling, Bunbury.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11