Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
:thumbright: HMAS Brisbane III has 23 Ossifers (of which only 2 are females, one SBLT and one MIDN,) out of a crew of 180, (of which, all up, a total of 40 are female,) according to the commemorative :evil3: brochure...

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:47 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
In regards to the commemorative booklet, there are a few wrong facts in the section on Brisbane II. Where it has a photo of CPOCOX Ray Surridge holding the FOE Scroll for the march through Brisbane, it says 1979. He was not a Chief in 1979, he was CPOCOX on her in 84-85. I was on her in 78-79 and 84-85. Someone should have checked the info first.

July 72-June73
Ex WM,QMG,Bosun,Paid off Sept 93
Leeuwin,Cerberus x3, Lonsdale, Watson, Coonawarra(DNB), Harman.
Supply, Melbourne, Vampire, Attack, Ardent, Brisbane x2, Fremantle(Commissioning Crew), Sydney-FFG 03(Commissioning Crew), Hobart, Cessnock. Go the Mighty Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 am 
Site Admin

=; Hi Guys... Can anybody identify/ remember any of the former HMAS Brisbane (II) crew from the e-mail list below..? :evil3:
I'm assuming they'll all be my fellow 'cruisers' :captain: onboard HMAS Brisbame (III) on the 26th of July...!
:salute1: :yess: :woohoo:

ImageImage

From: jandbmcmillan@optusnet.com.au <jandbmcmillan@optusnet.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, 13 July 2019 8:42 PM
To: COLE Geoff <geoffcole@bigpond.com>; 'aantoney' <aantoney@optusnet.com.au>; Coghlan Bob <cogs@y7mail.com>; Cooper Bob <bobanne1@optusnet.com.au>; Dangerfield Colin <coldang53@yahoo.com>; Gerding Tony <tagerding@bigpond.com>; Hale Peter <wallace1@optusnet.com.au>; HART Simon <simonjhart@gmail.com>; HICKS George <georgehicks@people.net.au>; KEEFE Paul Anthony <keefe1946@hotmail.com>; LITTLEWOOD Viv <slwood@netspeed.com.au>; Neil Ken <knfneil@iinet.net.au>; Parsons Graham (Pip) <pipmparsons@gmail.com>; Pengilly Rick <roman134@bigpond.com>; SPENCER Kerry <k.j.spencer1@bigpond.com>; WATSON Laurie <wattos148@gmail.com>; Wild Cricket <liawild53@hotmail.com>; Hill Robbie <roberthill11@bigpond.com>
Subject: Family Day Cruise 26th

Hi All

I will be submitting the third batch to the ship tomorrow.
I have asked the SKIPPER where and when do they want our association members to assemble prior to boarding the ship. Information I have would suggest that we are required onboard prior to COLOURS. I have suggested that association members assemble at 0720, GATE to be advised by the ship, for a 0730 boarding of the ship
I will forward you all the response of the ship when received.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 26th. Onboard the BRISBANE III.

Regards
John (MACCA) McMillan
Sec/Tres HMAS BRISBANE ASSOC.
Mobile Phone 0414 066 816

:omg1: Wow, I'd totally forgotten #-o that there were TWO 7:30s in a day...! :sleep:

.......... :type: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0VkuxFlgo
:salute1:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

:yess: This is the scene :down: that will be greeting us this Friday at 0720, except it'll be '41' and not '04' waiting for us just inside 'Harry's (FBE Southern) Gate',
when I join some 200-odd (well, not ALL of us are 'odd',) family, friends and 'former DDG41 familiars' who'll be boarding HMAS BRISBANE (III) for a day cruise... :captain:

:-k Being that it's exactly 45 years this month since I walked off HMAS Brisbane (II) and out of Garden Island Naval Dockyard (i.e., out of the RAN) for the very last
time in uniform, I paused to ponder that arguably, most of the :salute1: Officers and Crew :captain: currently serving on HMAS BRISBANE (III) were probably not even born
when I left HMAS Brisbane (II) on my DEE... :omg1: :bugger: Needless to say, I'm extremely chuffed :yess: for this :fantastic: HMAS Brisbane Assoc. opportunity... :woohoo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:35 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
I am sure that you will enjoy the cruise Rick. :yess: :ok: Not sure where they stow Click Click Chairs on the uppers for the chippies these days. :mex:

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

:-k I suspect they did away with the click-click-chairs when they did away with us Chippies, :tear: Pony...! :bugger:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:42 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Herne Hill
State: W.A.
Hippy Chippy wrote:
:-k I suspect they did away with the click-click-chairs when they did away with us Chippies, :tear: Pony...! :bugger:

Don't tell me that Short Time Towels have disappeared as well :sheep1: :sheep1: :sheep1:

Viv

ME(D)-DENS-WOMTH4
1966 to 1986
Cerberus,Duchess,Waterhen,Hawk,Nirimba, Melbourne,Torrens,Perth, Leeuwin,Stalwart,Stirling,Kutabul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

:-k I'll have to let you know, Viv...! :finga:
Meanwhile, mate, Bob 'Tafmo' King, formerly (post RAN) of the AWD Project, Adelaide, sent this lovely :pottytrain2: pic :happy3: of DDG41.

"Hi Rick,

That was a nice photo of Brisbane in RANSH topic on Brisbane III, but here’s a better one showing the tail :pottytrain2: end… :badgrin: :lol1: :badgrin:

...and who’s that handsome bastard in the foreground…? :ok:
................. Image
Regards,

Bob..."

Nice jacket Tafmo, :bob dark: that's basically what I'll be wearing on Friday... :yess: Nice HMAS Brisbane Assoc. logo too...!! :yea: :woohoo:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 am 
Site Admin

=; Well, Chasps, :hi: I'm just about to head off on my 90 minute drive :iroc: down to Sydney to spend a day at sea with the crew of HMAS BRISBANE (III). :captain:

:-k I'm told that the 20 of us :hello2: :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some: :hello2: HMAS Brisbane (II) Association Guests are part of a contingent of 200 Guests :omg1:
all up joining the 180 Crew of HMAS BRISBANE (III).

Hippy Chippy wrote:
:thumbright: HMAS Brisbane (III) has 23 Ossifers (of which only 2 are females, one SBLT and one MIDN,) out of a crew of 180, (of which, all up, a total of 40 are female,)
according to the commemorative :evil3: brochure...

:dontknow: Seems a bit top heavy to me, :roll: I trust that somebody did their buoyancy calculations :puter: before they decided to add an extra 200 bodies (i.e., more
Guests than Crew,)
as top-weight on the uppers...! :snap:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:35 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Enjoy your sea time Tricky, and I'm sure you will survive. The "N" Class would carry around 100 troops in evacuations from Tobruk & Crete, and they were only 1,700 tons standard.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next