Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Points to ponder..
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:26 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Pony wrote:
Powerful speech by Marine Le Pen.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1801933969656578143

Now wouldn't it be great to have a leader like this in Australia? Instead we have a bumbling, lily-livered coward squeaking all sorts of platitudes to all our enemies.

Sadly, the opposition is little better. But still better.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:19 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Dr Adi Patterson interviewed by their ABC on the proposal by the Liberals o to build nuclear generators. Interesting comments by a learned experience man. Interviewer is not able to influence his response despite trying on several occasions.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1804435903257186563

Also, another interesting and supportive interview with Bill Irwin ex CEO installation and operation of the new of Lucas Heights installation.

https://www.skynews.com.au/business/energy/nuclear-power-is-the-only-reliable-source-of-energy/video/29841dc3ac5330cd5d9066ef78113585

There have also been interesting supportive comments by Ziggy Switkowski on the proposal as well.

I think the Libs have hit a raw nerve with Labor with Labors undeclared costs of their network rollout . Might be bit more discussion about this aspect as well if they pursue the Libs cost in order to discredit them.

Duttons proposal, in my view, is a much better option than relying on total renewables, which hasn't worked anywhere else and wont work here. Need a good mix, and need to stop butchering the country side by installing thousands of km's of very expensive transmission TX lines that leave a totally unbalanced grid and unusable farming land along with the associated lost costs of production that will not be included as real costs in their network roll out. This, along with the wind farms and solar panel farms that all have non-included replacement costs associated with them, which are paid as transmission network charges to network owners at indexed rates as long as they exist or are replaced.

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Pony, that is amazing to listen to with the explanations of the bullshit arguments and the 'facts' being pushed by the anti- everything mobs. Thanks for that.

I have yet to see the ongoing/lifetime costs of all types of green/renewables energy, any where!

What is the life of the solar panels and how much will it cost to replace them??

Will replacement panels be compatible with the existing network (given how quickly electronics becomes obsolete)?

There are increasing reports of panels spontaneously combusting. Given that most are in rural areas, what firefighting requirements are needed to prevent catastrophic outbreaks?

How long do wind turbine blades last?

How long do wind turbines last?

Are they repairable, or just replaceables?

What is the cost to repair/replace?

None of this is costed and is just swept under the rug by the ALP and the 'renewables' industry. :faaaarrk: :angry4: :angry4:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:21 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Well, I and others are now been told by there power suppliers, that their solar panel "upload" will drop by 2 cents/Kwhr.

And others, will be charging householders for their excess to be stored on the grid.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Pony wrote:
Dr Adi Patterson interviewed by their ABC on the proposal by the Liberals o to build nuclear generators. Interesting comments by a learned experience man. Interviewer is not able to influence his response despite trying on several occasions.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1804435903257186563

Also, another interesting and supportive interview with Bill Irwin ex CEO installation and operation of the new of Lucas Heights installation.

https://www.skynews.com.au/business/energy/nuclear-power-is-the-only-reliable-source-of-energy/video/29841dc3ac5330cd5d9066ef78113585

There have also been interesting supportive comments by Ziggy Switkowski on the proposal as well.

I think the Libs have hit a raw nerve with Labor with Labor's undeclared costs of their network rollout . Might be bit more discussion about this aspect as well if they pursue the Libs cost in order to discredit them.

Dutton's proposal, in my view, is a much better option than relying on total renewables, which hasn't worked anywhere else and wont work here. Need a good mix, and need to stop butchering the country side by installing thousands of km's of very expensive transmission TX lines that leave a totally unbalanced grid and unusable farming land along with the associated lost costs of production that will not be included as real costs in their network roll out. This, along with the wind farms and solar panel farms that all have non-included replacement costs associated with them, which are paid as transmission network charges to network owners at indexed rates as long as they exist or are replaced.

:supz: Absolutely spot on, Pony and SeeJay, on all counts, and the above :laughing3: has always been my thoughts on the matter... :yess:

Who actually benefits from wind turbines..? It's the manufacturers, the importers, the installers, the land owners (annually) where each turbine is installed and the insatiable power companies...
And the costs :money 3: are simply passed on to us :money 2: as consumers... #-o

Show me where wind turbines and/ or solar panels are manufactured in Australia... :dontknow:

Included in the obvious benefits of going nuclear is the removal of those god-ugly blights on Australia's beautiful landscape, both in windfarms and solar farms...

And I remain unconvinced the if ALL of the REAL costs of renewables, including new transmission networks, along with upkeep/ maintenance/ replacement/ disposal of wind turbine blades and solar panels, that nuclear would be much more expensive... [-(

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:36 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
The closest to Australian manufacture of solar panels is a mob in SA who put together imported components (Tindo). The costing of wind turbines/wind farms (I believe) is that they tend to be lifed to the period of the subsidy (around 20 years). So, over an 80 year period there are four wind turbine periods per concrete block. There would be one nuclear reactor on the same site over the 80 year period (1.4 coal fired generation plants, possible 1 gas fired generation plant).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:57 am 
Site Admin

I saw a small news clip several days back about a company recycling the wind turbine blades by chopping them into movable pieces and then feeding the bits into a huge shredder (think of the choppers they feed old car bodies into).

Then the smaller bits were pulverised even further and added into a standard cement mix to make building bricks/blocks.

Seemed a workable solution, but no info was forthcoming about the usability or strength of the blocks. Also, the problem of the initial cutting-up was some bloke with a big 7" disc grinder with a cutting blade (think widowmaker) pushing out kilo upon kilo of ground up fibreglass (think asbestos & silicosis).

A major problem indeed.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:17 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
BC wrote:
Well, I and others are now been told by there power suppliers, that their solar panel "upload" will drop by 2 cents/Kwhr.

And others, will be charging householders for their excess to be stored on the grid.

Yep , heard that from friends here in Canberra yesterday. They said that they will be eventually be charged to send their excess back to the company.

July 72-June73
Ex WM,QMG,Bosun,Paid off Sept 93
Leeuwin,Cerberus x3, Lonsdale, Watson, Coonawarra(DNB), Harman.
Supply, Melbourne, Vampire, Attack, Ardent, Brisbane x2, Fremantle(Commissioning Crew), Sydney-FFG 03(Commissioning Crew), Hobart, Cessnock. Go the Mighty Magpies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:28 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Yep, the process in the US, the removal of the blades and processing is paid for by the power suppliers. Then the recyclers pay to have their product supplied to the concrete manufacturer!

That will mean all those cost will be passed on to the consumers.

Most of the recycling that I know of, involves recycled products being "sold" to other ongoing manufacturers, not he other way around!

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9