Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: Ray Lawrence, Shep and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Points to ponder..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:10 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
State: NSW
Senator Malcolm Roberts on the Need for Warriors in the Australian Defence Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pCNo2ULgKE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:52 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
I have attended many MOBI funerals over many years, and more recently viewed a number via live streaming. Just about every funeral, at some stage during the service, someone will say, "he didn't suffer fools lightly"!

I am probably being biased, but we all seem to have the same trait, especially as we get older! Is it because of our culture or code of conduct? :-k

In general, I think anyone who has done time in Pussers, learned quickly when the bullshit came around. :yes:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:43 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Warragul
State: Victoria
Spot on Brian! :ok:

16th MOBI intake
Jan 64 - Jul 88.
Anzac, Nirimba, Stalwart, Moresby, Creswell, Waterhen, Penguin, Vampire, GMGID (PJP), Coonawarra, Attack, Ardent, Cook, Kuttabull, Cerberus.

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:25 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Canberra
State: ACT
Sent to me via email from a mate, regarding recruitment.

Faaaarrrkk !!!!!!! And look at the rows of ribbons these ‘heroes’ have !!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9yr9eFO39zg ... tJNCAKm9J6

July 72-June73
Ex WM,QMG,Bosun,Paid off Sept 93
Leeuwin,Cerberus x3, Lonsdale, Watson, Coonawarra(DNB), Harman.
Supply, Melbourne, Vampire, Attack, Ardent, Brisbane x2, Fremantle(Commissioning Crew), Sydney-FFG 03(Commissioning Crew), Hobart, Cessnock. Go the Mighty Magpies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:08 pm 
Reg. Chief

City or Town: Lynbrook
State: Victoria
connief wrote:

Faaaarrrkk !!!!!!! And look at the rows of ribbons these ‘heroes’ have !!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the situation is a total and disgusting joke, if they are facing delays due to medicals then they need to put a booster under the system and be more proactive in getting applicants into roles in any of the services and NO, gender shouldn't play a part in the process.

I agree connie about the fruit salad, should be in a bowl and not on someone's left breast unless they have been there and done the hard yards to earn them.

18th JRTE Rhodes
Dec 1966 - Dec 1986
Leeuwin, Diamantina, Cerberusx4, Harmanx4, Waterhen, Barricade, Lae, Tarangau, Melbourne, Buccaneer, Coonawarrax3, Stuart, Swan, Adroit, Perth, Vampire.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Stroppy Chippie wrote:
I see that AGL has rejected the proposal to site a nuclear reactor on the Liddell site as it is to become a major renewable site including a solar panel recycling area. https://reneweconomy.com.au/agl-plans-h ... r-nuclear/

Hmmmm... :-k Interesting; what is referred to in the article above :laughing3: as 'upcycling' solar panels amounts to grinding the glass up for use in 'pre-mixed concrete'...

"For Elecsome, the MoU with AGL follows the successful commissioning of its first solar upcycling facility in Victoria, in association with the federal department of industry, The University of Melbourne and RMIT.

The start-up, whose patented technology transforms used solar panels into new products used in the construction and manufacturing industries, was one of 10 start-ups to take part in EnergyLab’s 2023 Climate
Solutions Accelerator program.

One of its main products, SolarCrete – a pre-mixed concrete made using glass recovered from used solar panels – will form part of the feasibility study at the Hunter site, the companies say.

Elecsome managing director, Neeraj Das, describes resource recovery and upcycling of solar panels as Australia’s “next-gen mining” opportunity.

“At the same time, it’s our responsibility to have an effective solution for solar waste in place for future generations,” he said back when Elecsome was working with EnergyLab."

=; Sounds remarkably similar to the :faaaarrk: :idjit: 'upcycle' solution for used wind-turbine blades, doesn't it, SeeJay...!? :sheeesh:

Seejay wrote:
I saw a small news clip several days back about a company recycling the wind turbine blades by chopping them into movable pieces and then feeding the bits into a huge shredder (think of the choppers they feed old car bodies into).

Then the smaller bits were pulverised even further and added into a standard cement mix to make building bricks/blocks.

Seemed a workable solution, but no info was forthcoming about the usability or strength of the blocks. Also, the problem of the initial cutting-up was some bloke with a big 7" disc grinder with a cutting blade (think widowmaker) pushing out kilo upon kilo of ground up fibreglass (think asbestos & silicosis).

A major problem indeed.

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

Stroppy Chippie wrote:
Senator Malcolm Roberts on the Need for Warriors in the Australian Defence Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pCNo2ULgKE

:happy: Nailed :violent1: it..!!!! :laughing3: :yess:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

connief wrote:

:happy: I enjoyed reading the comments :argue: under that clip :laughing3: on YouTube, many with recurring themes around 'purple hair' or 'poofters, :bye: pillow biters :ANAL: and dykes' :kick:
or recruiting from selected :dark: countries :rr: overseas, FFS..! #-o :sheeesh: :snap: D'ya reckon the Yanks :usa: would be willing to sell us nuke subs COMPLETE with crews...!?? :hello2: :3some: :captain:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:48 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
If you happened to watch any of the presidential 'debate' yesterday, you may just come to the conclusion that the USA has a problem.

I watched maybe 5 minutes and couldn't stand any more. With Bucketmouth on one side and Mr. Vague on the other, one wonders who the idiots behind the scenes are up to with their choice of candidates?! I will not be surprised if the Vague corner removes their candidate. :pale:

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:38 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
I think the "West" is doomed. Our cultures are almost f#%ked, our political systems are now controlled by minorities, social media, media and foreign influences. And common sense and logic is almost non-existent. :banghead:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next