Google Search
Google

Post subject: MEMBERSHIP REMOVAL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Gents,

Last night Peter Weyling's membership was deleted. You may have noticed (yes, use of sarcasm here) that we three webmasters have had quite some difficulties with this member over the past years, and ordinarily his membership would have been removed long before now. It wasn't removed purely for the fact that he had provided an amount of input and assistance to other members with regard to Veteran's Affairs procedures.

We have warned Peter on many occasions, but to no avail. And how many warnings does one give before action is required?

Well, there is another side to this that few - if any - of our members know about. Peter Weyling has on many occasions taken his dissatisfation away from public scrutiny and has turned to emails and messages to berate us for how we run this website.

Emails to webmasters berating one or all of us for things he did not agree with, veiled threats about how he had been talking to his ex-navy barrister mate about how our method of running the website could land us in court, offers to meet one webmaster 'mano y mano' to 'duke out' differences (the same webmaster who has had a heart attack), requests to me specifically to organise a fight between him and another member from WA (who has left the site) because - and I quote: "I think I can take him."

It should be noted that I didn't organise this meeting of fists because I felt the outcome would have gone very, very badly for Mr. Weyling.

No-one else on this site has required the same amount of admin attention as Peter Weyling - in fact no-one else on this site requires any attention at all other than the odd reminder to play nicely, and we thank you all for that.

However...

Mr. Weyling's last outburst on here was last night (2nd December) where he announced to all on this site his intentions to now contact DVA and to tell them he had been lying when he supported veterans in their claims for compensation. These are his words as published in red below, and have been copied from his last post on the 'Health and Veterans Affairs Info & Advice topic. That post has been left in position, as have all his other posts. I leave you all to make up your own mind.

I must admit, out of a sense of loyalty to my MOBI compatriots ...... that I'm close to renewing my Christian beliefs via the local church .........I have been very conflicted over the many past years about several things. (Note to Hippy One .......very sober at the moment) One of the things I have been conflicted about is the .....how shall I put it ...."skewing" of facts about the presentation of arguments for people in their DVA assessments ....... quite frankly I have been very keen to present the "facts' in the best possible light ..........which is what we pensions people were told to do ...............but deep down, I felt it was all twisting the facts...........or, embellishing the facts .............and whilst I did it ........I always felt that I was lying on behalf of others......I was very good at it .............got lots of fellas disability payments that perhaps they were not entitled do.......funnily enough there were even some who didn't avail themselves of my service .....................Anyway ............long story short ........................my conscience now prompts me to start to compile a looong letter to DVA wrt my submissions. I expect that a few of my submissions will be re-evaluated .......I am sorry for that ......
Now ...........I know, that on this site .........this will be sacrilege ............and I will be hammered again ......... but from a Christian viewpoint .......I need to start admitting and accepting where/when/how I have been wrong in my life.

Whilst I say I am sorry ........... I also feel a great weight being lifted ........

We have seen this as an act that is beneath contempt, and have acted accordingly. We would ask for your support in this matter.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject: Re: MEMBERSHIP REMOVAL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:40 am 
Reg. Chief

City or Town: Tarbert
State: Argyll
100% behind the webmasters. For me I had reached a stage where I was reluctant to log on due to the uncertainty of what Weyling may have posted. Once upon a time Peter and I were mates but over the years I have witnessed him actively work towards offending as many people that he could. In my case he was successful, I terminated my association with him months ago. He was given many warnings from the webmasters and no doubt from others on this site. After his Anzac Day fit, much of which was behind close doors, emails and Messenger, I tried to alert him to his opinion being out of step with the common thread, all that did was result in him terminating our friendship. At that time I made every effort to disassociate myself from PW. My opinion only but PW has burnt all bridges.

19th Mobi intake
July 65 to Mar 92
23 years (20 out for 3 then signed on for another 3) paid off '92
Nirimba, Sydney, Anzac, PBF Cairns x 2, Watehen, Stalwart x 2, NSC Kuttabul, Vampire, Penguin and finally Nirimba.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:09 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Blaxland
State: NSW
I am not sure if I am entitled to respond to this subject but lately I have felt uncomfortable to agree or disagree with Peter's comments and thought it best to not to respond to anything he put up.It got to the stage where I skipped over anything Peter submitted as a lot of it seemed over stretched,argumentative or out of my league.

I have always and will always enjoy this site and have sincere respect for you Webmasters for this wonderful site,the members(many who I do not know) and the great support and friendship,helpful information and best humour I look forward to daily,not excluding the "piss taking",which us matelot's expect and renown for.

Direct Entry
Mar 1966 to July 1987
Cerberus X 3,Waterhen x 4,Supply, Gull,Ibis, Paluma, Lonsdale, Flinders x 2,Curlew, Snipe, Carpentaria, Nirimba, Adelaide, FHQ (DEE)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:34 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Port Pirie
State: SA
Well done webmasters :occasion5: ....beneath contempt indeed.
100% support from me.

1973 - 1985
Cerberus, Melbourne, Creswell x 2, Nirimba, Perth x 2, Kuttabul FIMA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Peter Ferris wrote:
I am not sure if I am entitled to respond to this subject but lately I have felt uncomfortable to agree or disagree with Peter's comments and thought it best to not to respond to anything he put up.It got to the stage where I skipped over anything Peter submitted as a lot of it seemed over stretched,argumentative or out of my league.

I have always and will always enjoy this site and have sincere respect for you Webmasters for this wonderful site,the members(many who I do not know) and the great support and friendship,helpful information and best humour I look forward to daily,not excluding the "piss taking",which us matelot's expect and renown for.

Thank you Guys for your support, :bob light: and Peter (F.) , I wholeheartedly agree with your observations/ feelings, I know for a fact that there are a number of Members who
have felt somewhat intimidated by his bullying, :violent1: some of whom have seriously curtailed their input, some even leaving the site altogether rather than taking him on... :obey:

[-( Sad that somebody with his obvious intelligence should let his inner :wink2: demons dictate his interactions :angry9: :swear1: with his peers... :roll:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
It is not a surprise for this to happen. As you say, he has had far more chances than all of the others, combined!

If he goes through with his "purging", due to his new religious beliefs, then I think it will come back to bite him. His advocacy work has been with Coffs & Woolgoolga Ex-Services Clubs and/or other veterans in the Northern River region. If all those claimants end up being "reviewed", then I would expect Weyling's paradise at Corindi Beach will not become that pleasant in the future.

But, then again, he my not of thought about repercussions in his bid to be "born again"!

Well done CJ, Rick & Ned, you had no choice this time, Weyling has been alienating himself, more and more, for a long time.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Schofields
Full support here, gentlemen webmasters.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Thanks for your comments gents, they are appreciated.

As webmasters we have to sit on the fence quite a bit and the ensuing splinters can become very uncomfortable. This site - as anyone who runs similar websites or even facebook pages can attest - consumes vast quantities of time and effort. It cost Ned & Rick thousands of $$$ to initially set up and run over the years with software and hardware costs, expert assistance against hackers, and retrieval of info when host IP's drop the ball.

The last thing we wanted to do was have to fight almost every day to keep it running, and there have been a number of times I have wanted to close down my computer and just walk away. I'm damn sure both Rick and Ned have felt the same way. To receive veiled threats about barristers was almost unbelievable and came close to a walkaway situation, until advice from a Senior Counsel (the correct title for a barrister) I know in Brisbane reveals the following facts:

1. To try and force someone to do what you want by suggesting legal action is an offence. And..

2. To try and deter someone from carrying out a legal action by threatening legal/police action is also an offence.

Little-known, but true.

I advise the above facts because I am positive anything written on this site regarding these events will be forwarded to the removed ex-member.

That said, I am pleased that Mr. Weyling has rediscovered the church, and I would also hope that he perhaps seeks assistance from VVCS.

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:35 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town:
State:
I think it was Howard Sattler that said "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish"

There are countless people that have left this site because of PW.

The guy has a mental health problem and seriously needs help.

Anybody that threatens Legal Action over what is a "fun site" is not thinking clearly or has mental health issues.

He did his best on many occasions to get thrown off.

Fully support webmasters.

18th Mobi Intake Jan 65
10th Jan 65 to Jan 77
Nirimba, Sydney, Vendetta, Melbourne, Waterhen, Cairns, Stalwart.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Honest Tad wrote:
...There are countless people that have left this site because of PW...

:finga: Thanks, Trev... :yea: ...and if you come across any of them, tell 'em it's safe to come back now, :yess: all 'fun' from here on in...!! \:D/ :badgrin: :lol1: :badgrin: :supz:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> General Discussion  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next