Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:30 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
:( Sorry Guys ! !
I'm a scratching AGAIN, from the starters for the run. It is AGAIN, work comitments and as most of you know, I'm a contractor self employed, and there is a big job on that weekend.
Cheers Dino.

Cerberus,Albatross,Melbourne,Albatross,Melbourne,Kuttabul and several short stints on Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:17 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
No worries, Dino, you gotta go where the paycheque is mate.

6 days and counting.....

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:08 am 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
OK Saturday is approaching fast. Are we locked in for Pier 26? If so, what time?

Bring it on.

- Richard M Nixon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:40 am 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
:(
Thanks Seejay. Sorry I will miss you this time around. I'm sure the guys will make sure you have a good " run ".
Just a warning though ! ! ! If you enjoy a wine, Paul and Roger could lead you astray ! ! ! L.O.L.
Cheers Dino.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cerberus,Albatross,Melbourne,Albatross,Melbourne,Kuttabul and several short stints on Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:43 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
State: NSW
Hi everyone,

You may not know, but I have been railroaded into a family wedding at Katoomba on the day of our 2nd Sydney get together. I am still very upset about not being able to bring a bit of culture to the inevitable shitfight, HOWEVER, I have been able to negotiate with my fine spouse and get to Sydney early on Sunday morning for a survivors breakfast at a favourite pub that we all remember.

Which pub, I hear you ask, why the Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel of course. This fine upmarket establishment opens at 1100 with lunch from 1200 onwards and exudes class and culture. (It really is different)

Located very close to Harry de Wheels we all remember it as "THE ROCKERS"

Rick and I will be picking Seejay up at the YWCA and moseying down to the rockers at 1100, so if anyone can make it I will be eternally grateful.

I am hoping to see Dino,Buck,Shep Bobcat,Quickie,Rob,Rets,Roger,Perce,Paul and anyone else who is staying in Sydney overnight.

ps. Have a great day on Saturday.

Take care, Ned

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:08 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Expect we'll get a few late starters after the events of the past few days, with hints from Tiny Loeckenhoff and John Davidson, and we may even get a guest appearance from Vince Fazio and George Bray...!

So far we have 'Star Starter' and SUPERMODERATOR SeeJay fronting all the way from Cairns... :shock:
Steve Shepherd is rocking up from Nowra... :)
Burgo is promising to put in an appearance this time... :roll:
Bobcat is threatening to fly up fom Canberra to keep us all in line... :cry:
or she could hook up with Roger Fidler, who's not missed out on one yet... :wink:
SeeJay feels that Jim Parsons will be there as well... :o
Seems CharlieS is happy to put in a repeat performance... :lol:
Poseidon is assuming he can get a leave pass by then... :?
and SUPERMODERATOR Deskjockey is 'off the nest' and PROMISES he'll make it this time... :roll:
And of course there's ME...! 8)

Would be nice to get a confirmation from those who said they were going, as we've had appologies from Dinophot and Geordie Moult who regrettably can't make it...! :cry:

Haven't heard from Barney, Rob, Quickie or Jack Frost, Bill Chick, or for that matter, all of the local Sydney based RAN Skilled Hands Members, but you're ALL WELCOME...! :D :D

We're meeting for lunch at the rooftop beer garden/ deck of Pier 26 Bar, in Darling harbour... Directly across from the Vampire and Onslow moored at the Australian Maritime Museum, directly above the Harbour Cruise Wharf and between the Pyrmont Bridge and the Sydney Aquarium... Check it out... http://www.pier26.com.au/ :D :D

As you've just read, Ned won't be making the Lunch on Saturday, but will be fronting up to my place early Sunday morning and then we'll drag SeeJay down to the 'Rockers' for a quick lunch starting at 1100, before we send him off at 1300 to catch his plane back up north...!

It would be great to catch up with any of you on Sunday, who can't make it to the Saturday Lunch...! :D

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:26 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
Well, well, looks like a party that anyone in their right mind would avoid! I, however, am a card-carrying nutcase and will be there with bells on.

It'll be an absolute pleasure to see all you blokes, and I'll apologise now before I meet you for the first time. (saves time afterwards)

After 9 months of not being able to imbibe, I now find that alcohol can now be tolerated in my system. Therefore, I plan to perhaps partake of a portion or two of something slightly stronger than lemonade.

Shep is arriving in town Friday about 4.00, but I think Bobcat may be a scratching, as she mentioned the possibility the other day on the chatline just before bigpond pulled the plug on me....

Looking foward to the weekend!

Cheers

CJ

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post subject: Sydney Get-together
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:55 pm 

Hi Seejay,

Just sharpening the claws 'cause .....

Yep ... I'm having to scratch. Been made "standby" on the Watchbill for the period 01-07MAR04. Very inconsiderate of them, but even more inconsiderate of me if I tracked off to Sydney town to party and was required to fill for duty (yeah right). If it wasn't for the fact of getting run ... I'd be there on the run with you all.

C'est la vie! Perhaps next time ...

Have a great day all; await the evidence ... oops ... I mean photo's on the site.

Cheers n' beers,
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bobcat

Post subject: 6 March 2004
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:06 am 
Sprog

City or Town:
State:
I am entertaining overseas guests this weekend but can steal away for an hour or two. What time does the luncheon kick-off on Saturday? Quickie

January 64 to January 84
Nirimba, Sydney, Tarangau, Holsworthy, Cerberus, Stalwart, Cerberus, Nirimba, Penguin, Jervis Bay, Penguin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:54 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Midday John, and it would be great to see you there Matey...! :P

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next