Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:31 am 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Freeport
State: Grand Bahama Island
Hello chaps and chapettes,

I'm back in Sydney for two weeks and thought that I would be able to make a grand appearance on Saturday.

She who must be obeyed underwent a heart valve replacement and a bypass on Monday and was due to be discharged from hospital on Sunday, so me being me I thought that I would be able to sneak off on Saturday for a few quiet ones. I was thinking that if I visited the wife on Saturday morning I could reappear bright eyed and bushy tailed on Sunday to bring her home. Mind you I had not mentioned any of this to OIC home front.

Thankfully she has made a great recovery and will be home on Saturday afternoon. Consequently, on fear of being made a gelding I will have to take a rain check.

If the last run was any indication you guys are in for a great time.

Cheers, beers and heart surgeons,

Steve

4th Muppet Intake
January 1974-January 1997
Perth, Tobruk, Launceston, Bendigo, Sydney, Melbourne. Nirimba, Penguin, Navy Office, MHQ, Naval Support Command, Somalia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:03 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
State: NSW
We were all looking forward to catching up with you again this Saturday Steve, and I had full intentions of exploiting the fact, that every time we host one of our superb RAN Skilled Hands Smokeys, you fly all the way from the Bahamas so as not to miss it...!!! :D :D :D

Seriously, we're delighted with your wife's amazing recovery and wish you both all the best... :D

Perhaps there'll still be an opportunity to catch up before you fly out...! :wink:

O.K. THE REST OF YOU PARTY ANIMALS... CHECK-IN TIME FOR CONFIRMED STARTERS... :twisted:

WELL THERE'S:

SEEJAY
ME
SHEP
QUICKIE
ROGER
JIM
CHARLIE
POSEIDON

(who else...?) :roll:

C'mon you Sydney Siders, take three hours out of your busy schedule to join us for lunch at Pier 26 Bar at Darling Harbour this Saturday...! :D

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:19 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Shrewsbury
State: Massachusetts
Jeez, you guys are making me jealous with your get togethers. If I had the airfare lying about I'd be very tempted to hop a plane and join you. Have a great time and I am looking forward to the pictures.

Enlisted USMC 3 March 1972 on delayed entry. Active duty 17 June 1972. Due to a Reduction In Force as the Vietnam War wound down, discharged for a minor medical problem , 23 July 1972.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:53 am 
Site Admin

Better make sure that next time you visit 'down-under' Phred, you give us a bit of notice so we can organise something...!!! :D

Someone (somewhat unkindly) suggested that those Sydney Members of our website not availing themselves of our pleasant company at the 2nd RAN Skilled Hands Smokey tomorrow at Darling Harbour, had prior committments at the Gay Mardi Gras...!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't believe that...!!! :roll: (Although Ned's excuse is a bit lame; family wedding? Yeah, right...!) :wink:

Anyway, I'm now off to have a few drinks with SeeJay and Shep, to get a bit of practice in for the big one tomorrow...! Seey'all...! :twisted:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject: 2nd Sydney Get Together
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:33 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Hope you all have a great day, Charlie Staples will obviously maintain the upstanding decorum of the Tiffies as usual.

I will be skirting around Sydney town around mid afternoon as part of a convoy heading to the Victorian High Country for an Exped. This trip has been on the drawing boards for 9 months and is now finally underway.

Take care and have one for me.

Rick,

You're lucky Big Al Mooney is not going, he's an absolute animal when he gets on the Kaluha!!!

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:17 am 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Have a great time you guys, from what I read of your last one that shouldn't be a problem :D :D :D ....better keep an eye on CJ Rick, as he isn't used to the big smoke, might get lost.....then again won't take him long to remember all the haunts he used to frequent :wink: :wink: be interesting to see who will be leading whom.

Enjoy yourselves.

Big Jude

Cerberus, Harman (Navy Office 62/63-64), Penguin (Rushcutter Recruiting), Penguin (Kuttabul Navy News)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

One more sleep to go...! :roll:

I've just returned home after a great night with SeeJay and Shep, (both staying up The Cross,) kicking off at the Brooklyn at 6:00 pm, and after a quick squiz at Royal Naval House, spent the rest of the evening until midnight reminiscing at The Merchantile in The Rocks, where the Inaugural RAN SH Pub Crawl/ Smokey ended up... :D

I'll be picking up the boys at 11:30 tomorrow to head off to Pier 26 Bar... :wink:

Will be great if more of you can make it, and I've even been advised that Muppet 74 might yet put in an appearance...!!! :shock:

Hope to see you tomorrow...! :P

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
YOU LUCKY BASTARDS at least I'll catch up with some of you at the Rockers on Sunday. Have fun.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:21 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Well hello everyone,

Rick and I have just packed SeeJay off back to Cairns and Shep back to Jervis Bay. (thank God)

I arrived back in Sydney after the wedding from hell in Katoomba, around 0930 this morning and the rain was teeming down. Straight away I thought to myself, this is unusual for Sydney, someone must have brought the rain with them. It seemed like tropical rain so all I can assume is that SeeJay carted a huge low pressure system with him and unloaded it on us. :evil: :evil: :evil:

As I was driving down the M4 freeway into town lots of men? dressed in tutu's and frilly tops kept shouting SeeJay, SeeJay, SeeJay so I don't know what happened when he and Shep headed towards their accommodation in "the cross" after Rick headed home on Saturday night. :shock:

I am really upset that because of family committments I was unable to bring my usual couth and culture to the gathering. I think you all agree that reprobates need to have their unsavory behaviour curbed.

I promise I will not miss any future gatherings so as to maintain the good name of RAN Skilled Hands.

Cheers.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:49 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: Cairns
State: QLD
The turkey has landed back in Cairns. Great 3 days, great company, and I'll do it again in the near future!

Cheers

CJ

Ex WO Chippy
19th MOBI Intake
July 65 to July 85
HMAS Nirimba X 4 -Penguin-Sydney-Queenborough - Creswell - Moreton - Stalwart - Platypus - Coonawarra Reconstruction Team 76 - Platypus - Hobart - Cerberus - FHQ - Coonawarra.

Anyone can be ordinary. Shipwrights choose to be extraordinary!

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next